Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901302 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1755 on: October 07, 2009, 01:47:37 pm »
Great...all for the sake of a joke.  I'd love to see the online profile of me someday:

Hey Vansmack.

We noticed The Jesus Lizard tickets were on your radar.

Great tickets are still available, but act fast. Head back to StubHub.com and use our interactive maps to find your perfect seats. You?ll be covered by our FanProtect? Guarantee, which protects you against fraud and ensures you?ll receive authentic tickets on time.

Your friends and StubHub.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1756 on: October 07, 2009, 03:28:27 pm »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1757 on: October 08, 2009, 01:29:45 pm »
So I've got a stalker.  Well not a stalker, really, but close.

Apparently on some L i n k i n  P a r k fan site, there used to be a guy with the ID v a n s m a c k (he searches all the time so I'm intentionally spacing things out).  Despite repeated denials that I'm not the same person, everytime I sign up for a new forum or social network thing, this guy sends me an email asking if I'm the guy with the recordings of shows he's looking for to complete his collection.  This has been going on for at least 5 years now.

So last month I broke down and joined Facebook and made a non alias twitter account and within a week he sent me yet another inquiry about LP boot recordings and signed up for my twitter account:

-----------------------------
Hello man, how are you?

Well, first of all, i wanna say you that i'm here because i need your help.

I work for the Oficial [BAND NAME] Live Guide, and my job is searching for every info about their lives shows.

I know that someone that used the nickname (V a n s m a c k  - v a n s m a c k @ sbcglobal.net) yeas ago recorded one show of them at:
FACEBOOK LINK TO SHOW -   Devore, CA, Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Helen

And also, i'm a trader of 'old BAND NAME shows' i'm looking for the older shows, just for my collection, not for trade.

So, could you let me know if you are the person who i'm looking for?
It will help our guide a lot. Thank you :)

have a good week
-----------------------

I must have 30-40 of these inquiries from the same guy, despite me constantly telling him that the MSN account has been mine for 15 years and I can't stand said band.

Ridiculous.  At some point I should break down, lie to the guy, get his hopes up and send his something in the mail, but what should I send him?
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1758 on: October 08, 2009, 01:40:56 pm »
Oh, I've got just the thing. A CD I took a chance on when Tower went out of business. Still paid too much!!! Some Japanese noise artist(?) called Masonna. Nothing but pure, high intensity, screeching white noise of the most irritating type. Mind you, that is coming from someone who loves lots of feedback, drone and such. This could easily make #1 in any government psyops/blackops Top 40 lists best to psyche out their prey.

If you'd like, I can rip and send it to you. But, believe me, you won't listen to anymore than a second or two of it. Even then, you will swear something went wrong with the file. It's truly annoying as all get out.

ggw

« Reply #1759 on: October 08, 2009, 02:19:56 pm »
Yeah - I remember seeing that vansmack character on the torrent sites. If I recall correctly he posted boots of TSOL, Adolescents, Agent Orange, and the like.  Quite a coincidence.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1760 on: October 08, 2009, 02:41:20 pm »
Send him a gg allin cd.  The one with the most disgusting cover art you can find.  There's tons of live video boots of his shows.  He definately deserves one of those. 

Also send him this link  http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com/linkinpark.html

vansmack

« Reply #1761 on: October 08, 2009, 02:56:05 pm »
Yeah - I remember seeing that vansmack character on the torrent sites. If I recall correctly he posted boots of TSOL, Adolescents, Agent Orange, and the like.  Quite a coincidence.

See, I'd help him find that stuff...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1762 on: October 08, 2009, 05:20:25 pm »
Apparently on some L i n k i n  P a r k fan site, there used to be a guy with the ID v a n s m a c k (he searches all the time so I'm intentionally spacing things out). 

you are aware of the futility of spacing your name out in your post - it's written correctly/unspaced out immediately to the post's left...
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1763 on: October 09, 2009, 09:48:26 pm »
@ GrantWahl F------ hell. Got robbed at gunpoint in Tegucigalpa in broad daylight. I'm OK, but they took wallet/iPhone. Amateur hour from GW!

Probably my favorite tweet thus far.  Is that what the State Dept meant when they said it wasn't wise to travel to Honduras for the soccer match, Grant?
27>34

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1764 on: October 10, 2009, 03:05:00 pm »

depending on how many years ago, i might have been at the show he's looking for.  weird. 

So I've got a stalker.  Well not a stalker, really, but close.

Apparently on some L i n k i n  P a r k fan site, there used to be a guy with the ID v a n s m a c k (he searches all the time so I'm intentionally spacing things out).  Despite repeated denials that I'm not the same person, everytime I sign up for a new forum or social network thing, this guy sends me an email asking if I'm the guy with the recordings of shows he's looking for to complete his collection.  This has been going on for at least 5 years now.

So last month I broke down and joined Facebook and made a non alias twitter account and within a week he sent me yet another inquiry about LP boot recordings and signed up for my twitter account:

-----------------------------
Hello man, how are you?

Well, first of all, i wanna say you that i'm here because i need your help.

I work for the Oficial [BAND NAME] Live Guide, and my job is searching for every info about their lives shows.

I know that someone that used the nickname (V a n s m a c k  - v a n s m a c k @ sbcglobal.net) yeas ago recorded one show of them at:
FACEBOOK LINK TO SHOW -   Devore, CA, Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Helen

And also, i'm a trader of 'old BAND NAME shows' i'm looking for the older shows, just for my collection, not for trade.

So, could you let me know if you are the person who i'm looking for?
It will help our guide a lot. Thank you :)

have a good week
-----------------------

I must have 30-40 of these inquiries from the same guy, despite me constantly telling him that the MSN account has been mine for 15 years and I can't stand said band.

Ridiculous.  At some point I should break down, lie to the guy, get his hopes up and send his something in the mail, but what should I send him?

vansmack

« Reply #1765 on: October 13, 2009, 01:00:18 am »
Anybody catch Sonic Youth on Gossip Girl tonight?  Acoustic version of "Starpower" for Rufus and Lilly's wedding was brilliant....
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1766 on: October 13, 2009, 08:35:07 am »
Robbie Williams's new single is out in the US on Astralwerks, could there be a club tour in the planning? (wanders over to Hey Seth)
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #1767 on: October 21, 2009, 06:46:40 pm »
All I can say is that if Verizon, at&t and Comcast are all opposed to it, I have to be for it and it has to be good for the consumer.

Verizon CEO Blasts Net Neutrality
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #1768 on: October 22, 2009, 12:53:35 pm »
letter from Google and Verizon on net neutrality.

I must admit. . .i'm torn.  I thought this would help, but it didn't.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #1769 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23:06 pm »
letter from Google and Verizon on net neutrality.

I saw that too.  Verizon Wireless and Verizon Residential/Business need to get on the same page....
27>34