Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1902732 times)

felipeintheend

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1845 on: January 04, 2010, 01:54:46 pm »
Oh, I don't know, maybe you could Check my profile where it has my email address?!?

Put you mouse on top of the Email icon under my username and see that it reveals my MSN account?

I'm not asking for much - just that you leave me the hell alone about your stupid concert recording collection.  You seem like a nice enough guy and at this point I'm willing to talk to you about anything but LINKIN PARK.

I remember that i've sent more than 4 msgs for you in forums, but not all of them show your MSN account, so i could not figure that i was sending another msg for the same guy, all i can say is that i didnt know i was sending the same msg to the same guy a lot of times, thats why i asked for excuses.. It's done. No more about this history :)

vansmack

« Reply #1846 on: January 04, 2010, 01:59:44 pm »
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Fell free to stick around - if nothing else maybe your taste in music will improve.
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #1847 on: January 07, 2010, 02:41:58 pm »
Netflix reaches deal with Warner Bros. to delay renting new releases

gonna have to wait 28 days to get a new release from Warner Bros. via Netflix. . .but, Netflix is able to get more movies online.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #1848 on: January 07, 2010, 02:43:17 pm »
Netflix reaches deal with Warner Bros. to delay renting new releases

gonna have to wait 28 days to get a new release from Warner Bros. via Netflix. . .but, Netflix is able to get more movies online.

Saw that.  Haven't heard the same thing for Blockbuster but I'm sure it's coming.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1849 on: January 12, 2010, 07:12:16 pm »
I've been using Office 2010 beta for some time now and I switched back to the 2007 version for a couple days on a different machine and boy did I miss Conversation Threading.  It think this will be the greatest addition to Outlook in the last 10 years.  I know Gmail has had a similar feature for a while, but it's nice to see stuff like this in the corporate world.

Essentially, it works like this:  You get cc:ed on a message with 4 other people.  3 people respond, then you respond, then somebody else responds.  Now you've got 5 messages in your inbox, and one in your sent box.  With Conversation view, your inbox only shows the most recent message, with a drop down arrow to show you all of the messages in the conversation, including your sent message.  You can also move that conversation to another folder and all future message for that conversation will appear in that folder. Lastly, through with a conversation (you know, the mass CC where everybody unsubscribes via reply all)? well you can mark the conversation for ignore and all future messages from that conversation will be automatically deleted without seeing your inbox.

I would show you a picture of this in practice, but I have too much private information in my inbox.  You'll have to rely on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV_QOeA3L7g

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1850 on: January 24, 2010, 09:24:35 pm »
Here's a good one for you folks to ponder.....

Why is the Super Bowl still played on a Sunday?

When there was no week in between, it made sense.  But now that there is an off week in between the championship games and the Super Bowl, why not play it on a Saturday so we can recover on Sunday?  Especially for you East Coasters, who, if you watch the game to the end are lucky to be home by midnight...

I think it's time we change this.
27>34

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #1851 on: January 24, 2010, 09:30:37 pm »
I've always advocated "Super Bowl Monday" as a bank holiday, for just such reasons, although a Saturday night SB would work too. Agree on principal.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1852 on: January 24, 2010, 09:33:17 pm »
tradition?  

game starts at 6 pm EST, so it'll be over by 9:30... dunno how far you travel to watch the game, but i plan to be home long before midnight.

i've been lobbying to have super bowl monday declared a national holiday.  let's ditch president's day, or some other meaningless holiday, and replace it with the monday after super bowl.  my employer allows me to take 3 floating holidays per year - i've already put in for feb 8.

edit: jinx.
<sig>

« Reply #1853 on: January 24, 2010, 09:45:11 pm »
At my company, we have to vote annually on what we want as our last closed day: Columbus Day or the day after Thanksgiving, or a write-in. Last year Day-after Thanksgiving won by 2 votes (out of around 450) over Superbowl Monday write-ins.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1854 on: January 24, 2010, 09:59:10 pm »
Cheap Trick is shooting a SuperBowl commercial for Audi.  That's all I got to add to this discussion...
T.Rex

« Reply #1855 on: January 24, 2010, 10:06:02 pm »
Maybe Obama could get Super Bowl Monday named a National Holiday. Hey, might as well have a shitty accomplishment instead of nothing.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1856 on: January 26, 2010, 09:42:50 am »
Here's a good one for you folks to ponder.....

Why is the Super Bowl still played on a Sunday?

When there was no week in between, it made sense.  But now that there is an off week in between the championship games and the Super Bowl, why not play it on a Saturday so we can recover on Sunday?  Especially for you East Coasters, who, if you watch the game to the end are lucky to be home by midnight...

I think it's time we change this.
if i made to to work the day after super bowl xl, anyone can make it to work on super bowl monday

now, i would not have made it to work after the saturday night doug brien failure game, but i would have passed on doing all of those shots and mumbling about hines ward in my sleep
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1857 on: January 26, 2010, 01:46:06 pm »
if i made to to work the day after super bowl xl, anyone can make it to work on super bowl monday

It's not "that we can", it's more along the lines of why do we even bother trying anymore?  They added the extra week for Super Bowl hype and pre-game festivities, why don't we go one extra step and do the sensible thing?  Plus we'll have one extra day to beat our wives....
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1858 on: January 26, 2010, 02:04:10 pm »
i'd rather beat my coworkers, though
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1859 on: January 29, 2010, 10:33:40 pm »
Blowing me off is the new sucking me off...
27>34