Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1902613 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1890 on: February 25, 2010, 04:07:46 pm »
so you have to deal with a puppy and lose directv? what do you get out of this deal

Move back four posts.
i was going to make the same joke, until i saw he called it a "last blowjob"
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1891 on: February 25, 2010, 04:10:09 pm »
Smackette found a new apt she wants to move to so she can get a puppy, but I'm 95% certain the building doesn't allow for DirecTV. 

seriously?  they won't let you hang a dish out your window, or on the roof?  what sort of a stalinist commune are you two hippies moving in to?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1892 on: February 25, 2010, 04:42:15 pm »
Well, long story but our quest to purchase in the city has hit a bit of a rut, and we're tired of our current place and it's downfalls, so we each made a top 3 of what we wanted in our next place, rent or own:

Smackie: (1) DirecTV, (2) Parking, (3) Warmer Weather (we live on the ocean side of the city which is nice, but foggy in the summer)

Smackette: (1) Warmer Weather, (2) Parking, (3) Puppy Friendly.

Our potential next place is in a warmer part of the city (lower Haight), has a parking spot and is pet friendly.  A place I saw allowed DirecTV but didn't allow for pets.  So it's hard to argue for a non-pet friendly place instead of DirecTV when there are TV alternatives available, but no pet alternatives.

It's also only a rental so I have to sacrifice for a year.  If it were for purchase, there's no way in hell I would agree to this.  And since I'm a long term thinker, this does give me plenty of leverage in the next place to make certain that I get what I want when we buy since I'm the one sacrificing now.

Either way, I'm really bummed about losing DirecTV, especially with all my bells and whistles as a beta tester.  But Tivo has a big announcement next week....
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1893 on: February 25, 2010, 04:53:21 pm »
its so awesome that your #1 was directv
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1894 on: February 25, 2010, 04:58:12 pm »
its so awesome that your #1 was directv

It used to be my only requirement, but she forced me expand the list to 3. 

I could be driving around the coldest part of the city all night looking for a parking spot and none of that would matter if I had DirecTV waiting for me.   

When I would look for a new condo without Smackette, there are many instances of me walking into the place, asking if the apt allows for DirecTV, being told no and then turn around and walking right out.  Smackette would ask me how the place was and I'd say "No Directv."  She'd ask, "but how WAS the place?" - "No idea.  I walked out when she said they didn't allow for DirecTV."
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1895 on: February 25, 2010, 05:32:13 pm »
i'm sure smackette could make it up to you... somehow

hope you're down with taking fido for his nightly walkies, 'cause doesn't smackette often work longer hours than you?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1896 on: February 25, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »
hope you're down with taking fido for his nightly walkies, 'cause doesn't smackette often work longer hours than you?

Wow.  I've never had anybody say I work long hours before - thank you very much!  I travel a lot throughout that state and to DC, but for the most part I'm a 9-5er.

And yes, I've got myself a new puppy because, as a resident, she's never home.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1897 on: February 25, 2010, 06:30:07 pm »
didn't mean to imply that you work long hours.  just 'cause her hours are longer than yours, doesn't mean yours are long too.
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1898 on: February 25, 2010, 06:34:43 pm »
I'm sensing some future mischief when you go taking little DirectTV out for a comcrap.

Just sayin'...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1899 on: February 25, 2010, 07:02:41 pm »
Has The Vansmack tried Chatroulette yet?

No.  Since being an early adopter to the web cam phenomenon back in the late 90's, I have generally avoided web cams altogether.

I must say, this is intriguing however... 

i say this chatroulette is the next big thing: it's already spawned it own proprietary LOL (well, ok, it shares it with yahoo answers)  http://artoftrolling.com/

<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1900 on: March 01, 2010, 03:54:02 pm »
If this were the Xbox and Microsoft, it would be huge news:

Sony: Don't Turn on your PS3 until the PSN Bug is Fixed
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #1901 on: March 01, 2010, 03:59:34 pm »
Well, long story but our quest to purchase in the city has hit a bit of a rut, and we're tired of our current place and it's downfalls, so we each made a top 3 of what we wanted in our next place, rent or own:

Smackie: (1) DirecTV, (2) Parking, (3) Warmer Weather (we live on the ocean side of the city which is nice, but foggy in the summer)

Smackette: (1) Warmer Weather, (2) Parking, (3) Puppy Friendly.

Our potential next place is in a warmer part of the city (lower Haight), has a parking spot and is pet friendly.  A place I saw allowed DirecTV but didn't allow for pets.  So it's hard to argue for a non-pet friendly place instead of DirecTV when there are TV alternatives available, but no pet alternatives.

i have the perfect place. . . .it's nice and warm, you have your own garage and can have as many puppies as you'd like. . .it's called pleasant hill.  come and join us.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #1902 on: March 01, 2010, 04:36:08 pm »
i have the perfect place. . . .it's nice and warm, you have your own garage and can have as many puppies as you'd like. . .it's called pleasant hill.  come and join us.

I'll take renting in Lower Haight over owning in the East Bay. Every day. Thanks.

Enjoy that traffic while I enjoy the view....

27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #1903 on: March 01, 2010, 05:46:03 pm »
yes, you can look at dense urbanity (and a failing mass transit system). . .or you can have a view of a mountain.

OU812

vansmack

« Reply #1904 on: March 01, 2010, 05:50:30 pm »
yes, you can look at dense urbanity (and a failing mass transit system). . .or you can have a view of a mountain.

I don't consider 3800 feet a "mountain," but then again, I'm not from San Jose.
27>34