Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1902841 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2820 on: July 01, 2013, 01:55:10 pm »

i actually got a little misty when i first saw that cover.  i live in a time that is changing . . . and i am speechless. 

vansmack

« Reply #2821 on: July 01, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »
i actually got a little misty when i first saw that cover.  i live in a time that is changing . . . and i am speechless. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't water up a couple times this weekend at the Pride Rally and Parade.  This city has been insane the last 5 days and I couldn't be any more proud of it.

We had a great conversation yesterday afternoon at the reception for newly married friends of ours about how historic this week is and how it will be remembered - truly a changing time.  There were many of us who felt super validated for that "crazy idea" back in February 2004, but still felt that this week trumped it because it removed the uncertainty and risk.

I also thought this week "United States" section of the Economist is a brilliant snapshot of where this country is at the moment:

http://www.economist.com/printedition/2013-06-29
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2822 on: July 09, 2013, 06:25:58 pm »
A few things you need to know about Anna Benson's recent arrest:

- She was carrying a handgun
- wearing a bulletproof vest
- had a hatchet
- had an expandable baton
- had a taser
- was wearing an ammo belt
- and was carrying a red knife inside her waistband

Kris was able to fool her with the ol' "let me go get you a cigarette" trick and escaped to call the police.  I just hope he hit it one last time first....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:28:33 pm by vansmack »
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2823 on: July 09, 2013, 06:29:12 pm »
you know, i hate baseball, i mean really hate it.  i dont know why, but i do, so who cares, but i read this story earlier today because i love "famous people" trainwrecks like anybody else.  that woman will never stop, especially now.  does not he know that.  did not he see such things when she slowly tasted the fame and the "power" that goes with it?

vansmack

« Reply #2824 on: July 09, 2013, 06:35:24 pm »
you know, i hate baseball, i mean really hate it.  i dont know why, but i do, so who cares, but i read this story earlier today because i love "famous people" trainwrecks like anybody else.  that woman will never stop, especially now.  does not he know that.  did not he see such things when she slowly tasted the fame and the "power" that goes with it?

As I emailed Venerable the story, I mentioned that only a fool would have not have seen this coming.  He's lucky to be alive.  And judging by the photo, her taste of fame turned to a taste of meth too...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2825 on: July 11, 2013, 11:57:31 am »
He's got all the tools, but needs to work on his game smarts. He's too flashy for me to root for, but he's fun to watch.

Apparently, the player's don't like him much either:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/buster-olney/post/_/id/2372

(that should be free to read today. If not, let me know)
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2826 on: July 11, 2013, 12:14:50 pm »
Traded in my Prius for a Clean Diesel about a year and a half ago.  Absolutely no regrets.

Diesels - Difference Engine: Born again

27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #2827 on: July 11, 2013, 12:16:06 pm »
He's got all the tools, but needs to work on his game smarts. He's too flashy for me to root for, but he's fun to watch.

Apparently, the player's don't like him much either:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/buster-olney/post/_/id/2372

(that should be free to read today. If not, let me know)

yeah i read this earlier. 

i said it before, and i'll say it again. it's manny fucking ramirez all over again.  this guy rules.

vansmack

« Reply #2828 on: July 11, 2013, 12:39:38 pm »
yeah i read this earlier. 

i said it before, and i'll say it again. it's manny fucking ramirez all over again.  this guy rules.

While I enjoy seeing what either were up to on Sportscenter, I'm glad never have been on my team.

On a related note, Josh Hamilton resumed his smokeless tobacco habit on or about June 25th, and I couldn't be happier.  After Nolan Ryan's comments, it should have been a requirement of the contract... 
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2829 on: July 12, 2013, 10:07:53 am »

As I emailed Venerable the story, I mentioned that only a fool would have not have seen this coming.  He's lucky to be alive.  And judging by the photo, her taste of fame turned to a taste of meth too...

"The couple met when Anna, who had been married once before, was a dancer at an Atlanta strip club and were married in 1999."

C'mon Man.
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #2830 on: July 12, 2013, 11:20:37 am »
"The couple met when Anna, who had been married once before, was a dancer at an Atlanta strip club and were married in 1999."

C'mon Man.

I thought everybody knew that.  She was in Penthouse too.  She defined the Crazy-Hot Scale.

My tryst with a stripper lasted one night and I knew it was not for me.  Strangely, not the craziest girl I ever dated though.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2831 on: July 12, 2013, 12:44:22 pm »
I thought everybody knew that.  She was in Penthouse too.  She defined the Crazy-Hot Scale.

I remembered something about her past, but didn't realize they met in a strip club.  Never marry the stripper.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2832 on: July 14, 2013, 01:56:19 pm »
I'm doing my cord cutting dry run for about a week.

Unblock-us lets me watch Nats games on MLB.TV, including yesterday's that was supposedly blacked out nationally due to Fox rights.  $5 a month, no VPN required.  I'm sold.
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #2833 on: July 14, 2013, 07:41:16 pm »

Unblock-us lets me watch Nats games on MLB.TV, including yesterday's that was supposedly blacked out nationally due to Fox rights.  $5 a month, no VPN required.  I'm sold.

Smackie approved.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2834 on: July 15, 2013, 10:02:18 am »

interesting.  I'm considering ditching cable for about the millionth time.