Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1902688 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #3240 on: May 05, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »
(yet another) thing that sweetcell thinks smackie should know: rihanna >>> avril.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/a-rihanna-meet-greet-vs-an-avril-lavigne-meet-greet

i'll expand the scope of this posting to include Julian.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3241 on: May 05, 2014, 06:37:14 pm »
(yet another) thing that sweetcell thinks smackie should know: rihanna >>> avril.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/a-rihanna-meet-greet-vs-an-avril-lavigne-meet-greet

i'll expand the scope of this posting to include Julian.
What? Fuck no.

Avril is getting a bad rap. The last time she went to that town she was actually accosted at a meet and greet, that's the only reason she put that security protocol in place for that one country's tour dates. There's numerous photos from her most recent tour of fans at her meet and greets coming up and getting hugs and those sort of things.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #3242 on: May 05, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »
I've paid a lot less to touch a lot more on girls hotter than both of them.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #3244 on: May 13, 2014, 08:23:12 pm »
I love Molotov's, but let's be honest here - Molotov's is one of the best punk bars and it's in The Haight.  Glass has no chance IN THAT BAR.  Otherwise most of SF has been pretty ok with Glass....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3245 on: May 21, 2014, 05:33:50 pm »
wo0t!!!

Dear Customers,

Today, we're excited to announce a one-of-a-kind deal that brings dozens of HBO's groundbreaking and award-winning shows to Amazon Prime members at no additional cost.

Prime Instant Video
This collection of iconic HBO series includes all seasons of The Sopranos, The Wire, and Deadwood, epic miniseries including Band of Brothers and The Pacific, and select seasons of current HBO hits such as True Blood and Boardwalk Empire. Amazon Prime gives you unlimited, instant streaming of these much-loved HBO series to watch for the first time, or re-discover from the beginning.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #3246 on: May 21, 2014, 06:41:07 pm »
Begin the Content Wars have.....
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3247 on: May 28, 2014, 01:48:19 pm »
Most American comedy movies suck and here's why

"Did you laugh in movies like The Hangover or Bridesmaids or Anchorman or Old School? I did. A lot, actually. But they're not nearly as funny as some of Edgar Wright's movies like Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead and so on. Why? Because they're visually funny too."
27>34

« Reply #3248 on: May 28, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »
wo0t!!!

Dear Customers,

Today, we're excited to announce a one-of-a-kind deal that brings dozens of HBO's groundbreaking and award-winning shows to Amazon Prime members at no additional cost.

Prime Instant Video
This collection of iconic HBO series includes all seasons of The Sopranos, The Wire, and Deadwood, epic miniseries including Band of Brothers and The Pacific, and select seasons of current HBO hits such as True Blood and Boardwalk Empire. Amazon Prime gives you unlimited, instant streaming of these much-loved HBO series to watch for the first time, or re-discover from the beginning.

Was a little excited when I saw this...but it's all old stuff...most of which I've already scene
Good to know Treme was on there...did want to catch up with that.

So I've cut cable!
Just found out how to do YouTube on my Roku via MyvideoBuzz

I've got the old Roku...might need to upgrade as I can't do my amazon music locker or built in youtube.

Amazon prime and Netflix kinda suck
I guess I'm going to have to pay for hulu plus
slack

stevewizzle

« Reply #3249 on: May 29, 2014, 01:50:07 pm »
not sure if this should go in the MLB thread or here, but... i'll be visiting your fine city weekend of july 26, and would like to attend either the friday night or sunday day game for SF/LAD.  tickets are crazy pricey.  any helpful hints, or should i just bite the bullet on face?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3250 on: May 29, 2014, 02:09:47 pm »
hit up Stubhub the day of the game, or the day before?  bound to be a bunch of folks dumping tickets. 

don't forget to hit up the 21A while you're in the 'hood.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #3251 on: May 29, 2014, 06:41:13 pm »
not sure if this should go in the MLB thread or here, but... i'll be visiting your fine city weekend of july 26, and would like to attend either the friday night or sunday day game for SF/LAD.  tickets are crazy pricey.  any helpful hints, or should i just bite the bullet on face?

If I'm in town, let's get a drink.  It can even be a fancy beer place....

Normally I agree with Sweetcell - I just bought two tickets in the row right behind the Halo's dugout for this weekends series against the A's way below face value....I use Stub Hub any time I have to buy tickets.

But SF against the Dodgers can be tough.  First, SF was the first to embrace Dynamic Pricing, so face value for that game is already high.  Second, I've never used Stub Hub for the Dodger rivalry, but I'd imagine demand will be high.  Right now I'm leaning towards waiting and buying the morning of the game, but don't wait too long.  Stub Hub closes the window like 2 hours before first pitch - got burned on that once.   

27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3252 on: May 29, 2014, 09:14:49 pm »
CL is also a good place to look for tickets in the days before a game.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #3253 on: May 31, 2014, 01:28:05 pm »

If I'm in town, let's get a drink.  It can even be a fancy beer place....

Normally I agree with Sweetcell - I just bought two tickets in the row right behind the Halo's dugout for this weekends series against the A's way below face value....I use Stub Hub any time I have to buy tickets.

But SF against the Dodgers can be tough.  First, SF was the first to embrace Dynamic Pricing, so face value for that game is already high.  Second, I've never used Stub Hub for the Dodger rivalry, but I'd imagine demand will be high.  Right now I'm leaning towards waiting and buying the morning of the game, but don't wait too long.  Stub Hub closes the window like 2 hours before first pitch - got burned on that once.   

good to know, thanks guys. i suspected it was dynamic pricing, those ticket prices are fairly absurd. 

RE: drinks. i was thinking the same thing. doesn't have to be a fancy beer place.  i'm in town that weekend for the annual napa valley farm bureau dinner, so i'll be spending most of my time around napa.  once i have a better idea when i'll be around the city, i'll shoot you a PM.  will be around the july 12 weekend as well.

vansmack

« Reply #3254 on: June 01, 2014, 12:06:44 pm »
Cool.  I'm in Napa the weekend between your visits for the Napa2Sonoma half marathon, but should be in SF both of the other weekends.  I live a block from the ballpark, which means 3 blocks from 21A...

I scored some great seats for lasts nights game in Oakland about 4 hours before the game started:

Today I'm on the other side of the dugout, 2 rows back.  Makes up for having to go over to Oakland...

27>34