Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 463595 times)

Space Freely

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2025 on: June 03, 2020, 10:47:13 pm »
My wife thinks Joe Rogen should be president. Is it conceivable Biden would pick him at VEEP? Oh wait, Joe Rogen said he's vote for Trump over Biden. Never mind.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2026 on: June 04, 2020, 08:42:50 am »
My wife thinks Joe Rogen should be president.
This is simultaneously the most shocking and least shocking thing ever.

fuck Joe Rogan.
LVMH

« Reply #2027 on: June 04, 2020, 09:19:26 am »
Tosh
Peter Tosh - I think he's dead, but would really get the black AND white male stoner college voter
Tosh 2.0 - good pick for the youth, but I'd say pretty questionable morals

As a word, this is new to me...so maybe what you were going for

tosh /täSH/
nouninformal•British
noun: tosh

rubbish; nonsense.
    "it's sentimental tosh"
slack

gavroche

« Reply #2028 on: June 04, 2020, 09:19:55 am »
Not sure what to read out of this...
Enthusiasm gap is real.
Ok other than this fantasy that another candidate will be picked
What is the solution

Unlike any other election in my lifetime
This VP pick seems pretty critical
Conceivably could be some one who might need to take over before 2024

The calculus is that the election is a referendom on Trump and that there is enthusiasm for voting against him. The Dems have chosen their strategy and I don't expect things like the VP candidate will matter. 

Biden popping up and showing proof of life from time to time will probably help a bit as well.

hutch

« Reply #2029 on: June 04, 2020, 09:40:04 am »
Biden is going to annihilate him

Trump just spent millions on ads in Ohio

Think about it

I get it..Gavroche didn’t want Biden and that’s fine

Not going to matter who he picks for VP as long as it’s Kamala Harris
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:41:58 am by hutch »

« Reply #2030 on: June 04, 2020, 10:07:25 am »
I will say she isn't getting a lot of thumbs up from the black community from her prior work as CA's AG
but maybe that's bots/Russia trying to create chaos
slack

hutch

« Reply #2031 on: June 04, 2020, 10:47:38 am »
It doesn’t matter who he picks

That’s the reality

gavroche

« Reply #2032 on: June 04, 2020, 11:00:42 am »
Biden is going to annihilate him

Trump just spent millions on ads in Ohio

Think about it

I get it..Gavroche didn’t want Biden and that’s fine

I hope you are right about Biden winning in a landslide. I feel confident that Biden will win the popular vote, but I don't feel confident about the electoral college (and I'd feel the same way regardless of who the Dem candidate is).  And that's not even getting into whether Trump would actually step down if he lost.

Do you not agree that there is an enthusiasm gap? The polls show one (even as Biden is leading). https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/may-25-28-2020-washington-post-abc-news-poll/bb30c35e-797e-4b5c-91fc-1a1cdfbe85cc/?itid=lk_inline_manual_3&itid=lk_inline_manual_6

Or is it your contention that somehow the VP pick can change that?  In that case, doesn't Warren do the best: https://morningconsult.com/2020/05/27/biden-warren-vice-president-poll/

Biden has been pretty invisible recently, and that seems as much a strategic choice as a practical one.  Even the fact that the Dems are likely not going to have a convention, suggests that's strategic as well. 

Do you not think that the Dems are going with the strategy of not rocking the boat and having this be a referendum on 4 years of Trump?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:05:01 am by gavroche »

gavroche

« Reply #2033 on: June 04, 2020, 11:01:59 am »
It doesn’t matter who he picks

That’s the reality

I think that's generally right, but I think Klobuchar would cause him problems.

« Reply #2034 on: June 04, 2020, 11:02:25 am »
Normally I feel the VP pick doesn't help much.  I think it's key that it doesn't hurt

I think Tim Kaine didn't hurt nor help...so was a stupid pick IMO
Guy is my senator and I don't know 2 things about him he didn't deliver VA or anything else (maybe I'm wrong on this?)

They say the first 'presidential act' is picking a VP and you get judged by that

I think since Joe will be the oldest elected president the US has ever had AND we are in a pandemic that overwhelmingly kills people in their 70s-80s I do think that a VP pick is someone who will have a very high chance of becoming president before 2024, so people should care. 

With all that said...we should wait, no need to rush this pick

Biden has been pretty invisible recently, and that seems as much a strategic choice as a practical one.  Even the fact that the Dems are likely not going to have a convention, does too. 

Do you not think that the Dems are going with the strategy of not rocking the boat and having this be a referendum on 4 years of Trump?
I think it is smart to continue to let Donnie put his foot in his mouth and do stupid things
So I don't think this is a bad strategy with 153 more days from the election
I think it would be stupid in Aug/Sept, but right now I think it works
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:06:44 am by Bunker Inspector ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2035 on: June 04, 2020, 11:58:05 am »
I think if you're looking for someone who can step right in and do the job who comes from a similar ideological perspective, then Amy is your girl. If you're looking for someone who might inspire more voters to come out, Stacey might be your girl.

Of course that's assuming you're limiting yourself to girls, which Sleepy has already boxed himself into doing.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2036 on: June 04, 2020, 12:35:47 pm »
I think if you're looking for someone who can step right in and do the job who comes from a similar ideological perspective, then Amy is your girl. If you're looking for someone who might inspire more voters to come out, Stacey might be your girl.

Of course that's assuming you're limiting yourself to girls, which Sleepy has already boxed himself into doing.
Every poll of young and/or black voters say they want Warren as VP. Every one.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2037 on: June 04, 2020, 12:42:27 pm »

Women?

Space Freely

« Reply #2038 on: June 04, 2020, 12:56:22 pm »

How does Pocohantas poll with Native-Americans?

Space Freely

« Reply #2039 on: June 04, 2020, 01:00:07 pm »

Please post links to these polls because I can't find any. She's always struck me as the favorite of the pink pussy hat crowd by not necessarily African-Americans.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:07:03 pm by Space Freely »