Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 463742 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2280 on: July 07, 2020, 11:22:40 am »
No more opinions today....so we wait until tomorrow to hear about Trump's tax returns.
just means 24 hours of batshit crazy tweets from donnie
Umm, not sure what happened with the 5 remaining rulings?

Lawrence Hurley@lawrencehurley
No Supreme Court rulings expected today. Awaiting word on when the next ruling day will be. Five cases left
slack

hutch

« Reply #2281 on: July 07, 2020, 11:23:34 am »
So you think Biden at 77, and given his experience as VP, is going to want a purely ceremonial VP?

gavroche

« Reply #2282 on: July 07, 2020, 11:57:14 am »
So you think Biden at 77, and given his experience as VP, is going to want a purely ceremonial VP?

The most likely scenario is that Biden runs things similar to how Obama did.

Even if we assume that Susan Rice is the strongest candidate on foreign policy, she is still going to be a lightening rod for attacks and she's unproven as a politician.  Even if we grant that Biden will still win no matter the VP (which I don't think is a given), it is about the sustainability and his ability to get things done. 

Biden is also picking an heir apparent, and it needs to be someone that American's can imagine taking over from him. He has to be thinking about political viability for the mid to long long term.  I just don't see how political considerations aren't center stage no matter the polling. 

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 01:06:06 pm by gavroche »

« Reply #2283 on: July 07, 2020, 12:28:45 pm »
Biden is also picking an heir apparent, and it needs to be someone that American's can imagine taking over from him.
co-signed
Ever other VP in my life I never really even for a second thought about them leading the country
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2284 on: July 07, 2020, 01:20:19 pm »
The press have gotten copies of Mary Trump's book so the tidbits are coming out..

Class act this

Kevin Liptak
@Kevinliptakcnn
Mary Trump says Ivana and Donald gave her a three-pack of underwear for Christmas one year, and an obviously re-gifted basket of crackers, sardines and salami another year (with an imprint of a missing can of caviar in the cellophane wrapping)

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1280542875718164485?s=20
T.Rex

« Reply #2285 on: July 07, 2020, 01:27:05 pm »
Mary Trump's book

(with an imprint of a missing can of caviar in the cellophane wrapping)
that last bit is the icing

Also hearing that he paid someone to take his SAT's
There are now requests for that individual to come forward...but likely 'he's been taken care of'
slack

hutch

« Reply #2286 on: July 07, 2020, 01:43:00 pm »
But Biden was not at all a ceremonial VP!! He was very active

We probably agree and are just applying different meanings to words

I could see Biden picking Susan Rice but still think it will be Kamala

At this point if I were Biden I would wait as long as possible to decide...let the pick come to you

gavroche

« Reply #2287 on: July 07, 2020, 02:54:37 pm »
But Biden was not at all a ceremonial VP!! He was very active

We probably agree and are just applying different meanings to words

I could see Biden picking Susan Rice but still think it will be Kamala

At this point if I were Biden I would wait as long as possible to decide...let the pick come to you

All I am saying is that I think the pick has to meet the political test.  I'm not saying that is adequate, or that he cannot pick someone he likes, but that he still has to pay attention to the politics.  To me the politics for Susan Rice are too bad for him to seriously consider her.  I think Klobuchar was in a similar situation and she dropped out when she realized it.  I think Stacey Abrams has bad politics and doesn't serve a function. I think we agree that Warren doesn't really share Biden's world view and so she isn't getting serious consideration.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2288 on: July 07, 2020, 03:57:24 pm »
All 3 know there way around DC.

Which of them have been at shows at 930?

Duckworth - GW Masters Degree
Harris - Howard BA
Rice - National Cathedral School Valedictorian

My money would be on Harris, but Duckworth as a decorated, wounded vet  "from" Illinois instead of a coastal state checks a lot of boxes....

gavroche

« Reply #2289 on: July 07, 2020, 04:18:50 pm »
All 3 know there way around DC.

Duckworth - GW Masters Degree
Harris - Howard BA
Rice - National Cathedral School Valedictorian

My money would be on Harris, but Duckworth as a decorated, wounded vet  "from" Illinois instead of a coastal state checks a lot of boxes....

Duckworth would be my pick, but I agree that Harris is the most likely of those three to get it. 

« Reply #2290 on: July 07, 2020, 04:25:18 pm »
I did bump into Dennis Kucinich at a willie show @ 930

be interesting to get some deets on who attened 930 shows...that would help me make my decision
slack

gavroche

« Reply #2291 on: July 07, 2020, 04:49:08 pm »

be interesting to get some deets on who attened 930 shows...that would help me make my decision

Elizabeth Kucinich worked for the Center for Food Safety and I heard from someone working there that one of the staff was married to someone at the Club and so staff could get the occasional free ticket. 

« Reply #2292 on: July 07, 2020, 05:13:00 pm »

Elizabeth Kucinich worked for the Center for Food Safety and I heard from someone working there that one of the staff was married to someone at the Club and so staff could get the occasional free ticket.
Willie and Kucinich  have been tight for a while and I'm sure willie put Dennis +1 on the guest list
Dec 31, 2003 - Country music legend Willie Nelson has written a campaign song for the Democratic presidential candidate he's endorsed

Now if Elizabeth and crew attended other 930 shows...who knows
slack

hutch

« Reply #2293 on: July 07, 2020, 05:36:27 pm »
Duckworth’s response to Tucker Putzson was so on point..so great

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2294 on: July 07, 2020, 07:07:40 pm »
Not Harris, please.  She ran an awful campaign. Showed some poor judgement as well.