Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 463744 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2400 on: July 17, 2020, 02:00:50 pm »
because of course they are
Senate GOP proposing five-year shield from coronavirus lawsuits for businesses, health care facilities and more
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2401 on: July 17, 2020, 02:19:16 pm »
because of course they are
Senate GOP proposing five-year shield from coronavirus lawsuits for businesses, health care facilities and more

Moneybags Mitch has been insisting on this provision.  said he wouldn't even consider any fourth round covid stimulus bill that didn't include corporate immunity from being sued over covid-related damages.  he knows who butters his bread...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2402 on: July 17, 2020, 02:34:18 pm »
So why did RBG refuse to retire under the Obama presidency?
No clue, I think pretty much everyone but Michael Moore and Bill Maher though Hill was going to win by a landslide
Don't you think Mitch would have pulled the same Merrick garland shit

Geezus where to start..this is like a part time job...your memory does you no favors amigo...prevagen

I wrote on here many many times about how Trump could win....By the time of the election - right before- I no longer felt this way but in the run up, sure..also she didn’t need to wait to read the political tea leaves..it’s a decision you make a year in advance! SC justices don’t wait until the month before the election! Mitch’s rationale on Merrick Garland was that it was Scalia’s seat and an election year..Remember Scalia dropped dead out of the blue! RBG didn’t need to wait til the election year! She had SEVEN years to retire with Obama appointing a young successor!

I like RBG but her cult is offputting...to me her playing Russian roulette with the future of the Supreme Court and by extension the future of the nation is reprehensible

I am begging for some explanation or rationale that lets her off the hook cause I do like her
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:36:46 pm by hutch »

« Reply #2403 on: July 17, 2020, 02:40:35 pm »

Geezus where to start..this is like a part time job...your memory does you no favors amigo...prevagen
have you noticed who posts the most in the pot thread ;)
but yes, you were making rumblings that he could win, I'll give you that
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2404 on: July 17, 2020, 02:45:48 pm »
Seems like punk'ing the MAGA's is becoming sport

Militias flocked to Gettysburg to foil a supposed antifa flag burning, an apparent hoax created on social media

these self-proclaimed oath keepers are starting to scare me...as Jello says American Taliban

background:

The Troll: A fake flag burning at Gettysburg was only his latest hoax
A Bernie Sanders supporter has provoked the far right for years using online aliases, sometimes with dangerous results.
<sig>

« Reply #2405 on: July 17, 2020, 03:06:24 pm »
this showed up at freedom plaza

“Today marks the official launch of the Trump Statue Initiative (TSI), a way for artists to share their point of view on our 45th President’s legacy in a way he can truly relate to: through realistic “heroic” statues highlighting the self-serving, narcissistic and racist moments that have notoriously defined his presidency.

Organized by two time Academy nominated writer and director Bryan Buckley, this installation interprets how future generations might remember Donald Trump’s legacy in response to the defining moments of his presidency, and encourages others to get involved.”
slack

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 04:35:13 pm by Doomscrolling-hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

« Reply #2407 on: July 17, 2020, 04:39:51 pm »
two more...but
It was a living statue, with a person playing Trump covered in gold atop a plinth

slack

« Reply #2408 on: July 17, 2020, 05:26:31 pm »
when we lose Sebastian bach...everything starts to collapse
"If you support Donald Trump you stand against rock n' roll and every musician in America who has been put out of work because a reality television show host doesn't believe in science."

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/07/sebastian-bach-supporting-trump-stance-against-musicians
slack

hutch

hutch

« Reply #2410 on: July 17, 2020, 10:02:58 pm »

« Reply #2411 on: July 18, 2020, 09:23:01 am »
After RBG said she has cancer, @SenJoniErnst - in a tight re-election race - says GOP Senate should hold hearings on any SCOTUS opening even if Trump loses. Four years ago, Ernst opposed this very thing when Obama tried to fill a seat in early 2016
slack

« Reply #2412 on: July 20, 2020, 09:29:37 am »
I know we should ignore and vote like our lives depend on it...but YOWZA

@TheEconomist
 Forecast:

Chance of winning the electoral college:
Biden 93%
Trump 7%

Chance of winning the most votes:
Biden 99%
Trump 1%

Estimated electoral college votes:
Biden 353
Trump 185
slack

hutch

« Reply #2413 on: July 20, 2020, 09:57:18 am »
Spreading this everywhere Sidehatch (Twitter?) for what?

Hillary was up 10 points at this point in the campaign four years ago

I think Biden is going to crush him but I try not to yell that to the four winds...

« Reply #2414 on: July 20, 2020, 10:06:59 am »
dude, my impact is smaller than a drop in the ocean
But that was a pretty shocking forecast IMO
slack