Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 463694 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2505 on: July 29, 2020, 02:28:10 pm »
Who would make a great male VP for Biden?

Space Freely

« Reply #2506 on: July 29, 2020, 02:38:06 pm »

Gavin Newsom, Jay Inslee, Cory Booker, Steve Bullock, Sherrod Brown...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2507 on: July 29, 2020, 02:39:02 pm »

George Carlin would be great! Sadly...

« Reply #2508 on: July 29, 2020, 02:46:33 pm »
I pick George Costanza
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2509 on: July 29, 2020, 02:54:41 pm »
there... is... no... bottom...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood...

...Your housing prices will go up based on the market, and crime will go down. I have rescinded the Obama-Biden AFFH Rule. Enjoy!

i'm not making this up.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2510 on: July 29, 2020, 04:31:37 pm »

Gavin Newsom, Jay Inslee, Cory Booker, Steve Bullock, Sherrod Brown...

These are all awful to not any better than what we have!

Newsom? Seriously? Doesn’t he have his work cut out for him dealing with pandemic?!?

Cory Booker offers what compared to Kamala? New Jersey?!

I could go on

« Reply #2511 on: July 29, 2020, 04:55:11 pm »
I was all excited about the 'no-excuse' absentee voting in virgina...but I didn't realize this was enacted too

You can vote early at your local registrar’s office beginning 45 days before Election Day

https://www.elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/absentee-voting/
which means you can vote on Saturday, September 19th, 2020

52 days left!
slack

« Reply #2512 on: July 29, 2020, 07:12:25 pm »
Labron helping to hook up the FL felons

LeBron James joins push to turn out ex-felon vote in Florida
Friday said it will donate $100,000 to help pay outstanding court debts of ex-felons so they can register to vote. The money will go to the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition,

support the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition https://floridarrc.com/

MJ says go big or go f'n home
Michael Jordan and the @Jumpman23 brand are donating $1 million to the @ficpfm  to help combat disenfranchisement of people with felony convictions! #FRRC will receive $500,000 of that donation to help pay off the fees of FL returning citizens!

We are getting close to coming up with donations to cover all the fees!
Talk about a way to directly end systematic racisim!
slack

« Reply #2513 on: July 29, 2020, 07:22:30 pm »
there... is... no... bottom...
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood...
...Your housing prices will go up based on the market, and crime will go down. I have rescinded the Obama-Biden AFFH Rule. Enjoy!

i'm not making this up.
This was some good commentary on the idiocy of this plan of attack

G. Elliott Morris@gelliottmorris
Of the many reasons why Trump's campaign to radicalize white suburbanites against Democrats is doomed to fail is that the white share of the suburban pop has dropped from 93% to 65% since 1970. Plus, the (largely college-educated) whites that remain are overwhelmingly D. So The Trump campaign's strategy actually seems remarkably simple right now. They have realized there are not enough rural white voters to get Trump elected again, so they're using the DHS & cops to try to make cities look dangerous and scary again. But this isn't 1970 anymore. Trump got lucky in 2016. The suburbs in the Midwest are a bit more GOP than they are elsewhere (the coasts, the sunbelt) and so were willing to reluctantly vote for him and against a very unpopular and polarizing Hillary Clinton. That + the rural voters there won him the elec. This time around, it looks like suburbanites won't be so kind to him. They are demographically more friendly to Democrats and generally aren't as susceptible to the "law and order" rhetoric and white flight campaigns of the mid-to-late-1900s. This simply isn't a tactic for 2020. Add to all this that Joe Biden performs way better with rural, non-college whites than Clinton ever did and IMO even before you get to state-level polls, the president's position is pretty clearly inadequate.  If you had looked at demographic trends and crosstabs on trade, immigration and elite favorability in 2016, you could have spotted the potential for error in the polls. This time around it doesn't look like the same path exists (though he could open up another one by e-day).
slack

hutch

« Reply #2514 on: July 29, 2020, 09:03:44 pm »

hutch

« Reply #2515 on: July 29, 2020, 10:24:54 pm »
I don’t know if I buy this....this is what I would call the Space Freely view of the election

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/opinions/swing-voters-midwest-trump-support-thau/index.html

I doubt any of the VP candidates would help with this group

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2516 on: July 29, 2020, 10:30:40 pm »
I don’t know if I buy this....this is what I would call the Space Freely view of the election

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/opinions/swing-voters-midwest-trump-support-thau/index.html

I doubt any of the VP candidates would help with this group
I mean who can argue with a 33 person poll that purports to represent the views of 4 states full of people. Shut it down folks, 4 more years of Trump is here.
LVMH

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2518 on: July 30, 2020, 09:30:33 am »
Don’t worry guys, he poised it as a question. It’s fine.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2519 on: July 30, 2020, 09:35:27 am »
Just getting the ammunition ready to discredit and challenge the results....