Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 463769 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #3555 on: November 07, 2020, 09:54:50 pm »
Did he just say live concerts for all Americans?

« Reply #3556 on: November 07, 2020, 10:07:58 pm »
Am I the only one with issues that they used Coldplay during the fireworks portion
slack

« Reply #3557 on: November 07, 2020, 10:13:42 pm »
Am I the only one with issues that they used Coldplay during the fireworks portion
OK now I feel horrible as apparently that was Beau’s  favorite and played at his funeral
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3558 on: November 07, 2020, 11:10:25 pm »
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #3559 on: November 07, 2020, 11:23:36 pm »
Hey I know where Hunter Biden is!

Wilmington

WALKonBack

« Reply #3560 on: November 08, 2020, 12:56:23 am »
OK now I feel horrible as apparently that was Beau’s  favorite and played at his funeral

When, you come for Coldplay . . . that's what you fucking get.

Be best, bitch.

« Reply #3561 on: November 08, 2020, 07:11:11 am »
It is nice that the news media is putting the word "fraud." in quotes when they discuss what a 1 term loser keeps saying
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3562 on: November 08, 2020, 01:55:57 pm »
Seriously why can’t we have more progressives like Warren... progressive but particular.. I hope she works to try to fix this silly fission beginning to take place.. already getting sick of the sniping between centrists and progressives
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #3563 on: November 08, 2020, 02:57:34 pm »
Probably AOC got word she (or maybe Bernie) was being frozen out so she decided to make a stink....

The timing is kind of poor..can’t we enjoy this?

Anyways I don’t care how much she tweets she isn’t going to convince me of much.. she just wants to say the Democratic Party is to blame (the DNC) for having poor results in Senate and house races

I think democrats failure on impeachment (which progressives led push on) is why democrats didn’t do well in congressional races... when you impeach you have to have finding of guilt and removal otherwise people get pissed

Ironically the progressives pushed Nancy to impeach and now will blame her (and try to scalp her) for poor results they are responsible for!

Fortunately Biden kept as far away as possible from the whole impeachment thing..

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3564 on: November 08, 2020, 04:17:47 pm »
I do think democrats need to have this reckoning. AOc and Spanberger are both 100% correct on certain issues and also 100% intellectually dishonest on others. I’ll extrapolate more on this but so much jewelry is getting bought for the misses right now as I continue to poor top scotch and champagne down my fucking gullet.
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #3565 on: November 09, 2020, 12:55:19 pm »
Here's my question about recknonings, should Biden's DOJ investigate Trump and his clan for all of their crimes?  Does it help deter people from doing the same thing in the past, and kill him off as a political force?  Or is it something that should be avoided because it hurts with national unity?

For the record, I think that the Dems lost House votes in part because having Trump on the ticket allows R's to split their vote and also because the Dems ran a campaign that didn't involve actually talking about the economy or how to fix things.  It worked, Trump was toxic enough that he lost the race, but i don't think it helped down ballot.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:57:07 pm by gavroche »

hutch

« Reply #3566 on: November 09, 2020, 01:07:57 pm »
Everyone sees what they want to see....

hutch

« Reply #3567 on: November 09, 2020, 01:24:53 pm »
DOJ should be politically independent.

If DJT and his associates did the crime they must do the time.

Seems obvious

« Reply #3568 on: November 09, 2020, 01:49:02 pm »
should Biden's DOJ investigate Trump and his clan for all of their crimes?  Does it help deter people from doing the same thing in the past, and kill him off as a political force? 
1.Biden and the dems need to reign in Executive power and put some laws/consequences on the books.  My understanding is that the Hatch act and Emoluments clause have no teeth and are more gentleman's agreements, not laws.  Especially the stuff about nepotism and security clearances.  The party in power never wants to do, but if we don't do it, we'll run into this again
2. Well with DJT...NYstate (and possibly) other states may have quite a docket for him to deal with.  But I do think that DOJ should do a lot of digging in Jared, Ivanka, D Jr. and Eric.  As well as the Roger Stone/Rudy and their ilk.  I think there was a LOT of dirty dealing done with this crowd and I want it investigated and documented
Or is it something that should be avoided because it hurts with national unity?
Yes...that's why I think the DOJ let's the states do the dirty work with Don. I don't think the DOJ should put a former president on trial.
What pisses me off about these national unity pleas (and I'm somewhat one of them) is it is very one sided and my opinion is if the shoe was on the other foot, no effort would be made for leiency
slack

« Reply #3569 on: November 09, 2020, 01:53:25 pm »
A friend of mine posted this if you wanted to have a background for you zoom/teams calls that might get a chuckle

slack