Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 463386 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #3945 on: January 04, 2021, 11:34:37 am »
Not angry at all

My neck hurts though

It’s not you it’s just all liberals permanently going on and on every time Trump takes a shit... but really not willing to do anything about it other than post about how horrible it is on Facebook ...or the internet..to be fair what can one do?

So if we can’t do anything and the guy has been voted out let’s stop jumping every time Trump says something insane.. that’s what he wants..

It just seems people can’t accept this point? They can’t accept they are really powerless and that virtue signaling really doesn’t do anything...or that they are playing right into Trump’s hands

My apologies if I crossed the line.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 02:36:47 pm by Just give it to me »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3946 on: January 04, 2021, 02:37:29 pm »
Let's change the subject: how does everyone see GA playing out tomorrow. Here's my ranking of the likeliness of each possible outcome:

1. GOP wins both
2. Warnock/Perdue
3. Dems win both
4. A meteor wipes the state of Georgia off the map pre-election
5. Ossoff/Loeffler
LVMH

« Reply #3947 on: January 04, 2021, 02:42:30 pm »
ouch...your most likely prediction is they GOP take both :(
truth hurts on that one

I would say it's still a toss-up and WAAAY closer than it would have been if all the marbles weren't on the table

I thought Ossoff had a much better chance since he got 49% in the general
Turn out seems to be insane

I'm going to try and stay positive and say Dems Win Both!  I've been wrong before, why not one more time!
slack

hutch

« Reply #3948 on: January 04, 2021, 04:15:38 pm »
Yeah I am on the record that both Republicans will win....

But am not sure what this is based on

The past?

I hope am wrong

I been reading about GA...the state is changing...lots of economic development driving migration there..

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3949 on: January 04, 2021, 04:32:50 pm »
Let's change the subject: how does everyone see GA playing out tomorrow. Here's my ranking of the likeliness of each possible outcome:

1. GOP wins both
2. Warnock/Perdue
3. Dems win both
4. A meteor wipes the state of Georgia off the map pre-election
5. Ossoff/Loeffler

1. GOP wins both

Based on a bunch of nothing really. I just don't think a Democrat win is possible there.

« Reply #3950 on: January 04, 2021, 04:50:40 pm »
dang fellas, way to send those positive peach vibes
Past would indicate the Dems get creamed...but lot's of unknowns that I think help...but I'm always a foolish dem optimist

one thing in our favor is Joe won GA
not getting the $2k I think worked in favor of the Dems
I can't say that Sunday's 'perfect call' helped the GOP in any way (other than maybe they want a mob boss to rule them?)

Something like $500 mill was spent in GA just on ad placement since Election Day!
who knows how many other millions were spent on staff (jez I'm sure the taxpayers footed a lot of this with all of Trump team making about 10 visits)

yikes...another nail biter
we really need the senate, mitch is going to be such an ass if we don't take both these seats
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 04:52:21 pm by Surrender Caucasian-hatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3951 on: January 04, 2021, 05:11:51 pm »
Republicans will win both and it’ll suck.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3952 on: January 04, 2021, 09:48:21 pm »
i say they split the two seats, and the senate gets even less done than usual with a 1-vote GOP majority.  it'll be easy to pick off a romney or someone similar on the important stuff, so nothing gets passed.  the end.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3953 on: January 04, 2021, 09:50:59 pm »
i say they split the two seats, and the senate gets even less done than usual with a 1-vote GOP majority.  it'll be easy to pick off a romney or someone similar on the important stuff, so nothing gets passed.  the end.

Yeah but wrong..

It will not be easy to pick off Mitt and Mitch will still control the senate under this scenario.. Mitch will control everything brought up for vote! He will control every committee etc

hutch

« Reply #3954 on: January 04, 2021, 10:00:10 pm »
There is a counter argument that what would be best for Biden (not  the progressives) would be not having the senate

If democrats control house and senate the pressure on Biden to go left - something he doesn’t want and which will be punished in the midterms- will be tremendous

If Mitch controls senate all Joe has to do is find a few areas on which to compromise with Mitch and get it done

I mean Biden wants to be boring middle of the road and his priority is going to be patching country together not ripping it apart further

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 10:03:45 pm by Just give it to me »

« Reply #3955 on: January 04, 2021, 10:15:54 pm »
But you keep forgetting the part where Mitch is a total dick
These guys don’t change
slack

hutch

« Reply #3956 on: January 04, 2021, 10:36:54 pm »

But Mitch will have his own problems trying to prevent a return of Trump, a split in his caucus and defending the majority in 22

It’s a complicated scenario for Mitch

What if Mitch loses majority leader position in Georgia elections and Biden- now with senate control and pressure from left- overshoots and Mitch and Republicans roar back in 2022?

Things are not quite as simple as they look

I hope democrats win senate but there are mines all around whatever happens

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 12:02:25 am by Just give it to me »

« Reply #3957 on: January 05, 2021, 10:01:59 am »
It would be nice...but not going to happen...if GA election was called tonight

I can only imagine this is going to add to the chaos that is brewing for Wednesday
We have Reps who want to bring a glock on the floor, senators willing to wipe their ass with the constitution if it gets them air time...
we are getting to the point where the UN would get involved with other developing countries
Will we ever be able to shed the MAGA stink after this
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3959 on: January 05, 2021, 05:58:53 pm »
First exit polls minutes away...