Author Topic: This might make for an interesting topic  (Read 16415 times)

James Ford

This might make for an interesting topic
« on: January 18, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »
Surprised nobody has brought it up other than walkonby...

<<and god, fuck you google.  now i know why i don't use you.  you cover up your name in protest of the anti piracy law, but your site is still up.  bunch of spineless pussies who are too worried about the bottom line instead of standing up for something.  fuck you google.>>

i am gay and i like cats

Re: This might make for an interesting topic
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »
i'll just wait for yada to attack me, brian to say something off the fucking charts, and sweetcell to make it all better . . . before i comment.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 01:07:36 pm »
LOL Google "Tell Congress, Please don't censor the web"

I have to agree, it would make more of an impact if Google SHUT down for the day. Congress...how's looking up things now?  Yahoo should have done the same too.

You're right, corporate greed and bottom line.
3MTA3

Yada

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 01:12:50 pm »
I've been doing my part in slactivism all day today!

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 01:14:29 pm »
Even Wikipedia hasn't completely blacked out. Turn off javascript and voila.
احمد

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:12 pm »
LOL Google "Tell Congress, Please don't censor the web"

‎"No senators were found for your zip code."
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 02:39:56 pm »
must be a very slow day if this is "interesting"

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 04:23:54 pm »
I dunno. I think the RIAA/MPAA/chamber of commerce  attempting to cripple the internet is pretty interesting and disturbing.
Sure, the most disturbing parts of the legislation were removed but both the Senate and House versions of this bill could still be destructive.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:27:02 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

hutch

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 04:28:48 pm »
I dunno. I think the RIAA/MPAA/chamber of commerce  attempting to cripple the internet is pretty interesting and disturbing.
Sure, the most disturbing parts of the legislation were removed but both the Senate and House versions of this bill could still be destructive.

The issue is interesting... Walkie's semi-illiterate rantings are not.

wml7

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 04:35:41 pm »
Yeah, I'm a big proponent of stealing music and movies from the internet......... whoops, I mean no no it's bad, right walky?  ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 04:45:51 pm »
It goes way beyond stealing music and movies from the internet.
It would allow movie/music companies to go after any site they see fit and either have them shut down or have the DOJ force ISP's to block access to them. Would you really be OK with private entities or the gov't for that matter having that kind of power?
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 05:06:27 pm »
Az understands what this is about. It has nothing whatsoever to do with piracy. That's only the flag they use to censor and shut any and all down they so choose for whatever whim, or fear, they manage to connive or misconstrue. It has more to do with shutting down small perceived competition and silencing the people than what they pretend that it's about.

AirAtlanticUnderground.com has become an official supporter of the cause.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:08:24 pm by Jaguar »

wml7

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 05:29:47 pm »
Jagy you should devote a whole show to it and spin some tunes about it  ;D

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 05:40:28 pm »
Jagy you should devote a whole show to it and spin some tunes about it  ;D

That's a Hell of a lot of work and I have done shows in the past based on themes but never even thought to do so for today.

Maybe I should do something like that sometime. Hmmmm...... Don't know if I want to go back on the mic though either.

I know another broadcaster who has a very good PSA (public service announcement) about the issue he has running on his station today. Again, wish that I would have thought that far in advance.

Decided not to shut the radio station down today as I figured no one would really know why, especially those overseas and I've got tons of listeners from other countries all over the planet. Usually I avoid using any kind of PSAs because I know the standard (non-VIP listeners) already have to put up with too many commercials placed in by Live365. No way do I want to force them to put up with any more crap. But once in a blue moon might make it all worth while.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:43:31 pm by Jaguar »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 05:56:33 pm »
personally . . . i don't care either way.  i live without television, and i'm sure i could live without the internet.  it really is just a toy.  a toy for people who cannot grow up.  like peter pan.  i just found it fucking stupid that google would put a black band across their name as if that is some sort of protest.  personally i couldn't give a shit about this particular protest or the internet or what congress does to people.  people don't have the ability to stop shit in this country, and what google did is just another snap shot of the truth.  i think i'll have a wonderful beer that i just bought, and play batman on the xbox.  that is what i care about right now.