Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400622 times)

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #1725 on: September 03, 2020, 10:19:54 pm »
Now is this because vaping makes the lungs more receptive to the novel coronavirus or because vapers are too stupid to socially distance themselves?
Makes sense to me. 

In related news
Batman" production halted after Robert Pattinson tests positive for coronavirus
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 10:28:58 pm by Soup-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #1726 on: September 08, 2020, 01:36:15 pm »
We estimate that over 250,000 of the reported cases between August 2 and September 2 are due to the Sturgis Rally.  Roughly 19 percent of the national cases during this timeframe.

CHEPS@SDSUCHEPS
 paper by Dhaval Dave @FriedsonAndrew  @Drew_McNichols  & Joe Sabia ("Contagion Externality of Super-spreader") finds Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was a local & nationwide spreader of COVID-19. Estimated public health cost: ~$12B

2 weeks after the Sturgis motorcycle rally, South Dakota has the highest positivity rate (20.9%) in the country.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:42:34 pm by Soup-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1727 on: September 08, 2020, 02:04:02 pm »
But Smashmouth!

and also who had Stone Roses Ian Brown goes conspiracy theorist  anti-mask, etc, etc  on their bingo card.. oh wait he's always been a bit of a bellend... must use the same PR firm as the brothers Gallagher...
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #1728 on: September 10, 2020, 12:08:23 pm »
So my wife's friend has recently taken part in some gang bangs and just car fucked a guy a few days ago who she met on the internet and is proclaiming she's in a relationship with him. She also has custody of her four kids.

In the past six months, we've avoided contact with everyone. My daughter had one socially distanced, supervised outdoor play date. I went to visit my brother and elderly mom, both whom I'm 100% sure had been playing it safe. We got tested before going on vacation in Maine and  wore masks and ate outdoors with distance from other diners. We maintained six feet distance outdoors when stopping by to see some old friends, who we also knew were playing things very safely. We also did a virtual happy hour with some friends. Other than that, avoided other social interaction.

So my wife's friend wants to dine outdoors, unmasked, not distanced from my wife. I'm as sex positive as Relaxer, so no moral judgments here...but i just don't think this is a good idea right now.

Is it?

hutch

« Reply #1729 on: September 10, 2020, 12:17:49 pm »
A few months ago I hung out with two friends - one visiting from St Louis- for an afternoon drinking beers and talking...mainly politics..lots of yelling

I think it was a bad idea...but I didn’t get covid

Still felt really dumb after... won’t do it again until Yada’s G Love fest if that happens ...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1730 on: September 10, 2020, 12:18:46 pm »
So my wife's friend has recently taken part in some gang bangs and just car fucked a guy a few days ago who she met on the internet and is proclaiming she's in a relationship with him. She also has custody of her four kids.

In the past six months, we've avoided contact with everyone. My daughter had one socially distanced, supervised outdoor play date. I went to visit my brother and elderly mom, both whom I'm 100% sure had been playing it safe. We got tested before going on vacation in Maine and  wore masks and ate outdoors with distance from other diners. We maintained six feet distance outdoors when stopping by to see some old friends, who we also knew were playing things very safely. We also did a virtual happy hour with some friends. Other than that, avoided other social interaction.

So my wife's friend wants to dine outdoors, unmasked, not distanced from my wife. I'm as sex positive as Relaxer, so no moral judgments here...but i just don't think this is a good idea right now.

Is it?
This dog will hunt.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1731 on: September 10, 2020, 12:22:45 pm »
Wait. If you are asking if your wife and you joining a gang bang at this point makes sense I have to say no

I never been in a gang bang though

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1732 on: September 10, 2020, 12:24:27 pm »
Nothing has ever been less revelatory than this statement.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1733 on: September 10, 2020, 01:06:43 pm »
Wait. If you are asking if your wife and you joining a gang bang at this point makes sense I have to say no

Is it really a gang bang if more than one woman is involved? From urban dictionary:

gangbang
When multiple partners, usually 3 or more, engage in sexual intercourse with a single willing partner. (If partner is unwilling it is called gang rape).
My husband invited some friends over to watch football on Saturday and with his permission I allowed them to gangbang me.

No, that's not what I'm asking. The gang bang friend wants to have (only) dinner with my wife (not me), so she can talk about her sex and dating life and have my wife talk her down from her suicidal thoughts. While in turn not giving a shit about anything  my wife has to share about herself.

So I'm essentially asking if it's a good idea for my wife to hang out for hours unmasked and undistanced with someone who has not been practicing good COVID habits. How do i relay my concerns without coming off as a controlling asshole?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1734 on: September 10, 2020, 02:03:33 pm »
While in turn not giving a shit about anything  my wife has to share about herself.

this is the real reason your wife shouldn't see this person.

otherwise, eat outside 6+ feet apart.  you're not being a controlling asshole when your concern is the health of yourself and your family.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #1735 on: September 10, 2020, 02:28:14 pm »
While in turn not giving a shit about anything  my wife has to share about herself.

otherwise, eat outside 6+ feet apart.  you're not being a controlling asshole when your concern is the health of yourself and your family.

Thanks Dan Savage, I agree. That description of friend comes from complaints from my wife, it's not my words.

Is outdoor restaurant seating set up some you can be 6+ feet from the person you're dining with? You'd have to be on opposite corners of a large picnic table. I think the idea of socially distanced outdoor dining is being 6+ away from other parties, not other people in your party.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1736 on: September 10, 2020, 04:59:48 pm »

Thanks Dan Savage, I agree. That description of friend comes from complaints from my wife, it's not my words.

Is outdoor restaurant seating set up some you can be 6+ feet from the person you're dining with? You'd have to be on opposite corners of a large picnic table. I think the idea of socially distanced outdoor dining is being 6+ away from other parties, not other people in your party.

no idea, i haven't eaten in at a restaurant in months. 

we've had a few people over to our house, and we've eaten outside on a large table - my family at one end, visitors at the other.  no 'rona so far.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1737 on: September 10, 2020, 05:16:47 pm »
But how about the gang bang? How was it?

Space Freely

« Reply #1738 on: September 15, 2020, 08:24:35 am »
How did this thread fall to page 2? Just mention a gang bang and how quickly a bunch of middle aged guys lose interest....

Pre-COVID, I’d always try to time it out at work so that I had an elevator to myself. Now I’m in the building yesterday during COVID, nobody else on site, and I get in an elevator. Eight elevators, only seven floors, and nobody in the building…and I hear someone break into a trot and stick their hand in the door to open it as it’s closing. In steps a maintenance guy who apparently just needs to ride the elevator with me.

My initial instinct is the ask him to wait for the next elevator (which even in busy times takes no more than 10-15 seconds) and my second instinct was to step out and wait for the next one. But I was afraid of appearing to be racist. So fingers crossed. At least he was wearing a mask.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1739 on: September 15, 2020, 12:28:59 pm »
add Noel Gallagher to the list of fading British musicians who has declared wearing masks as pointless... guess he was being to feel irrelevant again.
T.Rex