Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400890 times)

Yada

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #2490 on: March 30, 2021, 08:55:23 am »
Also, at CVS (at least the one I went to), you don't pay a dime, or provide an insurance card, or even show your ID. I simply said my name and was put in line (a line with one person ahead of me).

Space Freely

« Reply #2491 on: March 30, 2021, 09:17:26 am »
So how do y'all feel about vaccine passports? You’ll need to show this vaccine passport for international travel, and possibly even domestic travel. The private sector might end up requiring it as a condition of employment, and service providers and retailers might require it for entry.

Being forced to show a vaccine passport to do most things you do on a routine day? What do you think?

Maybe we should also construct some ovens for those who refuse to be vaccinated?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-25...icket-for-international-travel

Yada

« Reply #2492 on: March 30, 2021, 09:20:10 am »
So how do y'all feel about vaccine passports? You’ll need to show this vaccine passport for international travel, and possibly even domestic travel. The private sector might end up requiring it as a condition of employment, and service providers and retailers might require it for entry.

Being forced to show a vaccine passport to do most things you do on a routine day? What do you think?

Maybe we should also construct some ovens for those who refuse to be vaccinated?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-25...icket-for-international-travel

It will never happen but I'm all for it.

hutch

« Reply #2493 on: March 30, 2021, 09:24:12 am »
I think it’s great

I am not sure it will happen in the US - I can already see red states challenging the constitutionality and Freedumb-but I would like to see it happen

Let’s imagine this covid plays out as we think it will and there are mutations all the time and we need vaccine shots every year and maybe booster shots too

How are we going to be able to somewhat go back to normal if we don’t track who has gotten the shots?

Are you just trying to be polemic comparing this to the Nazis killing millions? In very bad taste

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2494 on: March 30, 2021, 09:24:37 am »
Also, at CVS (at least the one I went to), you don't pay a dime, or provide an insurance card, or even show your ID. I simply said my name and was put in line (a line with one person ahead of me).
The CVSes I have been taking people to were asking if people needed to update their insurance info but they have no super motivation to ask as there is a federal program who pays them for uninsured people and it, in great government fashion, pays more then the Medicare/caid or standard insurance rate.
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2495 on: March 30, 2021, 09:28:46 am »
Vaccine passports would be great. Not optimistic it’ll ever happen tho.

Space Freely

« Reply #2496 on: March 30, 2021, 09:29:32 am »
I think it’s great

I am not sure it will happen in the US - I can already see red states challenging the constitutionality and Freedumb-but I would like to see it happen

Let’s imagine this covid plays out as we think it will and there are mutations all the time and we need vaccine shots every year and maybe booster shots too

How are we going to be able to somewhat go back to normal if we don’t track who has gotten the shots?

Are you just trying to be polemic comparing this to the Nazis killing millions? In very bad taste

I am as anti-vaccine card as I am pro-vaccine.  IMO, getting vaccinated should be a personal choice, not a mandate for everyday life. That's all I'll say.

hutch

« Reply #2497 on: March 30, 2021, 09:33:26 am »
That’s the dumb rationale for people not wearing masks!!

When your not getting the shot threatens me or my kids it’s not a personal choice but a societal choice...focusing on the individual on a collective issue is misguided

I can see vaccine passports taking off in some states and also as a requirement for international travel.. some countries may choose not to let people in without it..

Yada

« Reply #2498 on: March 30, 2021, 09:37:39 am »
I think it’s great

I am as anti-vaccine card as I am pro-vaccine.  IMO, getting vaccinated should be a personal choice, not a mandate for everyday life. That's all I'll say.

Anti vaccine card shaming is the new vaccine shaming!

Space Freely

« Reply #2499 on: March 30, 2021, 09:40:54 am »
That’s the dumb rationale for people not wearing masks!!

When your not getting the shot threatens me or my kids it’s not a personal choice but a societal choice...focusing on the individual on a collective issue is misguided

I can see vaccine passports taking off in some states and also as a requirement for international travel.. some countries may choose not to let people in without it..

How about this rationale?

It is also likely that demographic groups with higher levels of trust in authorities and medical institutions are the most willing to be vaccinated, and this may adversely affect marginalized communities. A recent study found that Black Americans – who have legitimate reasons to distrust the medical establishment – were the least likely of any racial group in the U.S. to say they’d get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

As such, vaccination passports could perpetuate existing inequities within countries if those who are vaccinated can enjoy the freedom to move about their community while others remain in lockdown.

https://theconversation.com/vaccine-passports-may-be-on-the-way-but-are-they-a-reason-for-hope-or-a-cause-for-concern-156534

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2500 on: March 30, 2021, 09:43:42 am »
Honest question: what are their legitimate reasons aside from distrust of authority?

hutch

« Reply #2501 on: March 30, 2021, 09:47:45 am »
Space I just don’t have the time or desire to get sucked into this but maybe someone else does?

If there are reasons certain communities don’t want to get vaccinated the solution is not to say this is an acceptable outcome but to redouble efforts to get everyone vaccinated

But again.. just no interest .. it’s a beautiful day

I mean this is like debating some hypothetical

« Reply #2502 on: March 30, 2021, 09:57:46 am »
Not really sure how this will play out with the Passports
We couldn't handle contact tracing, do you think we'll do better with vax passports

Don't you have to get a vax or show you have it to get into some countries already?

Getting into some HIPPA territory too

GQP is going to have a field day that biden is handing out the brown shirts and we'll all start getting in the bread line
even space is equating it to the Nazis
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2503 on: March 30, 2021, 10:09:01 am »
Should we also discriminate against people who are making bad lifestyle choices (smoking, drinking, fattening foods) that are positively correlated with negative COVID outcomes?

Yada

« Reply #2504 on: March 30, 2021, 10:43:31 am »
Should we also discriminate against people who are making bad lifestyle choices (smoking, drinking, fattening foods) that are positively correlated with negative COVID outcomes?

Absolutely, and if it was up to me they'd be last in line for their "turn" at the vaccine. They should never get a vaccine first because they're a smoking fat fuck.