Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400626 times)

Starsky

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3180 on: August 11, 2021, 04:14:25 pm »
The priority is to vaccinate everyone and we have enough vaccines to do it

I am hearing new stories about covid - maybe delta- hitting kids hard…

If we are giving millions of vaccines away cause American adults  don’t want them we can certainly vaccinate American kids before sending them to school

I don’t have info on booster shots so can’t opine there

vansmack

« Reply #3181 on: August 11, 2021, 04:16:59 pm »
I am hearing new stories about covid - maybe delta- hitting kids hard…

You didn't have the data on kids either, but that didn't stop you from opining:

Most children with Covid-19 have mild symptoms, and there is not yet enough evidence to conclude that Delta causes more severe disease in children than other variants do, scientists said.

from July 31 to Aug. 6, 216 children with Covid were being hospitalized every day, on average, nearly matching the 217 daily admissions during the pandemic’s peak in early January..  Only a small percentage of these cases ended up in ICU.   (217 cases in the hospital. 40 cases in the ICU of 72,000 total pediatric Covid cases)

Most of the children’s cases are coming from the south (Arkansas, Florida, Missouri have the majority of cases)
27>34

Starsky

« Reply #3182 on: August 11, 2021, 04:22:31 pm »
Thanks for the smack down Smackie…always appreciated..

Does it matter if I can’t prove it’s hitting kids hard? It might be…If we are at a point where we have such a big surplus of  vaccines I think we should vaccinate children. Not babies but certainly 11 year olds

My cousin’s 10 year old got long covid and was hospitalized..it is happening

We recently gave away millions of Vaccines to just one country

vansmack

« Reply #3183 on: August 11, 2021, 04:50:13 pm »
You were the unfortunate victim of my mother-in-law being in town, watching Good Morning America yesterday, and getting my wife unnecessarily all worked up over Covid and our daughter. 

I had all of the research and data already done and the results easily accessible.  On the plus side, you got the Clif Note version of the email I sent her yesterday.
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3184 on: August 11, 2021, 05:24:42 pm »
CNN: FDA expected to authorize Covid-19 vaccine booster shots for immunocompromised people within the next 48 hours

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3185 on: August 11, 2021, 09:34:26 pm »
Now we know why Rand Paul is anti-vax. Stick a pitchfork in him.

Rand Paul discloses 16 months late that his wife bought stock in company behind covid treatment
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3186 on: August 11, 2021, 10:30:23 pm »
Just to pivot the conversation slightly, should we be vaccinating 5-11 year olds now or should we wait until the Julian's of the world -- those who are now 6 months out from their second dose -- get a booster? From a health risk perspective, obviously its a no-brainer to booster shot your most vulnerable over giving a dose to children who have a statistically insignificant mortality rate. From an economic perspective, well, what 5-11 year olds do you know are revenue generating?

I just think, once again, we're not tackling this logically at all.

CNN: FDA expected to authorize Covid-19 vaccine booster shots for immunocompromised people within the next 48 hours
I’m so plugged, I shock myself sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 11:45:35 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #3187 on: August 12, 2021, 12:07:28 am »
Add Julian to lust of people who love thinking they are “right” and letting you know about it…

Mental note: buy another notebook

« Reply #3188 on: August 12, 2021, 12:10:31 am »
Add Julian to lust of people who love thinking they are “right” and letting you know about it…
Just now?!
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #3189 on: August 12, 2021, 12:16:23 am »
Look at the global curve of new cases!

It’s crazy… and it’s happening in many countries that thought they had it licked

The vaccines…. Not sure what to say

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3190 on: August 12, 2021, 02:14:05 am »
Just to pivot the conversation slightly, should we be vaccinating 5-11 year olds now or should we wait until the Julian's of the world -- those who are now 6 months out from their second dose -- get a booster? From a health risk perspective, obviously its a no-brainer to booster shot your most vulnerable over giving a dose to children who have a statistically insignificant mortality rate. From an economic perspective, well, what 5-11 year olds do you know are revenue generating?

I just think, once again, we're not tackling this logically at all.

I’m so plugged, I shock myself sometimes.

jules, you're so busy patting yourself on the back (since no one else is) that you didn't notice that you are not, in fact, plugged in... at least not based on the CNN article here.  you advocated boosters based on economic contribution.  the CDC is recommending boosters for the immunocompromised.  not the same.  also, the CDC is saying nothing about adults before kids...

plenty of immunos that are not contributing to the economy - should they be denied a booster? 

what about under-12's who are contributing to the economy (ex: young youtubers making bank) - OK to give them a shot?
<sig>

« Reply #3191 on: August 12, 2021, 08:34:40 am »
you advocated boosters based on economic contribution.

Actually, my criteria was:

or should we wait until the Julian's of the world -- those who are now 6 months out from their second dose -- get a booster?

the CDC is recommending boosters for the immunocompromised.  not the same. 

Oh, yeah, those with concierge medical care/private doctors won't find any way to get declared immunocompromised. No, sir. By the way, over a million Americans already followed the Julian model and just went to a pharmacy and pretended they hadn't gotten vaxed yet and got their third shot already!

also, the CDC is saying nothing about adults before kids...
And yet, booster shots will be approved and start within 48 hours and by all accounts we're 6 weeks out from child vaccinations being on the table.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 08:39:37 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3192 on: August 12, 2021, 09:52:45 am »

Ahem.

New Orleans Jazz Festival 2021While understandable it’s a crushing blowThis damn coronavirus presents a real long term threat to our way of live and we are not coping well as a species. We are sort of ignoring the big issues and trying patchwork solutions.
No shit

Starsky

« Reply #3193 on: August 12, 2021, 10:20:59 am »
I think all I was saying there was I had already announced show?

In my life I have been amazingly right and horribly wrong. I think that’s probably true for most people.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3194 on: August 12, 2021, 07:46:10 pm »
"let's not eradicate the disease, instead let's deal with the symptoms in an expensive and inefficient way that doesn't prevent spread" - what a fucking (and criminal) moron...

Florida governor deploying rapid-response team to fight Covid-19 surge
<sig>