Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 23485 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 06:23:40 pm »
See anyone you want to have a threesome with yet?

told you . . . this was going to be awesome.

chaz . . . oh my!

hutch

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2013, 11:34:10 pm »
Hello, I'm Cindy, I'm a Pisces
And I like Chihuahuas and
Chinese noodles

wow slappy is a gurl..

please . . . tell me, you know . . . where that is from.

uh oh....

i was just trying to be sociable..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 05:19:07 am »
Chinese noodles

The B-52's - "Song For A Future Generation"
<sig>

Got Haggis?

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 10:16:46 am »
6'0, live in Baltimore City, favorite bands include Swans, Ministry, Firewater, Matmos, Dan Deacon, Jesus Lizard.  Favorite Show?  Too many...probably Cop Shoot Cop @ old 930 club on my 21st birthday. favorite sports team orioles.  former video game developer, trying to get back into it. favorite country - scotland

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 10:21:41 am »
Favorite Show?  Too many...probably Cop Shoot Cop @ old 930 club on my 21st birthday.

You're ok with me.

bearman🐻

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 10:45:49 am »
Chinese noodles

I almost posted that I liked hot tamales and black-capped chickadees.

bearman🐻

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 10:57:39 am »
6'0, live in Baltimore City, favorite bands include Swans, Ministry, Firewater, Matmos, Dan Deacon, Jesus Lizard.  Favorite Show?  Too many...probably Cop Shoot Cop @ old 930 club on my 21st birthday. favorite sports team orioles.  former video game developer, trying to get back into it. favorite country - scotland

Here's my attempt: Soon-to-be 38-year-old dude, full beard, worked at the Club for a spell around 97/98. Originally from Chicago, was heavily into the Wax Trax/Medusa's scene back in the day. Have a special soft spot in my heart for early 90's KMFDM. My favorite show at the Club is probably Aphex Twin. There has just never been anything like it before or since and it won't ever happen again. I'd put Kraftwerk up there too. But truly, there are way too many to list. I always love when something unusual or out of the ordinary happens at a show, like the guy who climbed over the balcony rail at Morrissey, leapt onto the PA stack, dodged a doorman and roadie and managed to get a hug from Moz. Or the time during Face to Face in 1997 when one of the bartenders did the most athletic running stage dive I've ever seen, did a somersault over the audience and practically ended up all the way at the back of the venue. The time during Curve when the drunk blonde girl picked a fight with the brunette she didn't even know, who broke the blonde's nose then proudly declared "that's what she gets when she fucks with a girl from Philly!". It was like a fight from Jerry Springer. There are way too many fun times I've had in addition to the actual concerts. Interviewing the Buzzcocks, drinking Australian pinot noir with Nick Cave backstage, partying at the Back Bar with Primal Scream. Great times. And that's just at the new club.

hutch

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 11:16:05 am »
drinking Australian pinot noir with Nick Cave backstage

ok..thats a little much don't you think?

;D

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 02:44:55 pm »

Here's my attempt: Soon-to-be 38-year-old dude, full beard, worked at the Club for a spell around 97/98. Originally from Chicago, was heavily into the Wax Trax/Medusa's scene back in the day. Have a special soft spot in my heart for early 90's KMFDM. My favorite show at the Club is probably Aphex Twin. There has just never been anything like it before or since and it won't ever happen again. I'd put Kraftwerk up there too. But truly, there are way too many to list. I always love when something unusual or out of the ordinary happens at a show, like the guy who climbed over the balcony rail at Morrissey, leapt onto the PA stack, dodged a doorman and roadie and managed to get a hug from Moz. Or the time during Face to Face in 1997 when one of the bartenders did the most athletic running stage dive I've ever seen, did a somersault over the audience and practically ended up all the way at the back of the venue. The time during Curve when the drunk blonde girl picked a fight with the brunette she didn't even know, who broke the blonde's nose then proudly declared "that's what she gets when she fucks with a girl from Philly!". It was like a fight from Jerry Springer. There are way too many fun times I've had in addition to the actual concerts. Interviewing the Buzzcocks, drinking Australian pinot noir with Nick Cave backstage, partying at the Back Bar with Primal Scream. Great times. And that's just at the new club.

Curve and KMFDM!! :D  The blonde from Philly sounds like Ross' friend Lisa...just sayin. haha
3MTA3

Stillwater

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 04:12:00 pm »
Favorite book is Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.

I bought it a few months back and still haven't dove in.  i think the length is keeping me away.  Seems like a hell of a commitment.  Looking forward to it though... eventually.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 04:41:21 pm »
Here goes...

Male.  Over 40.  Under 50.
Born in Washington, DC.  MD burbs ever since.
I'm not Indian.
Married in February after a 17-year courtship.
Nats Season Ticket Plan holder (2nd year - already paid for next year, too)
My first show at 9:30 was The Church in 1984.
I saw The Grateful Dead exactly 100 times.
I probably have over 200 R.E.M. records (as in vinyl).
I've been drinking coffee since I was 5 years old.
The only thing I hate more than politics is talking about politics.
I always stand in the back.
I'm going to buy a car in the next couple weeks.  Open to suggestions.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 05:24:07 pm »
y'all are old.

who'd of thunk it with this hot new BBS technology?
(o|o)

atomicfront

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2013, 06:30:01 pm »

My first show at 9:30 was The Church in 1984.

I was at that show. 

bearman🐻

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2013, 09:14:24 am »
drinking Australian pinot noir with Nick Cave backstage

ok..thats a little much don't you think?

;D

He was drinking vodka gimlets, I was drinking the wine from the Australian embassy that nobody touched. It was a surreal and very fun evening. Nick was sort of aloof but nice to me. I mostly talked with the Bad Seeds. The coolness of that evening isn't lost on me. But it was funny how "normal" it all seemed.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2013, 08:46:06 pm »
are you noticing that the reality of this thread, the introductions that have now begun to surface amongst us, making us feel nicer somehow already towards one another because we dont mind being friendly, beyond the mean girl approach of normal message boards . . . all the while, this might be the least amount of times atomicfrontage has posted in a single thread, and he started the damn thing.  trying to think where this goes from here.  maybe a next level of introductions, where you reveal your job, your family history and what you grew up with, your psychology and morals, plus the size of your cock.