Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179705 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2940 on: January 27, 2014, 11:12:31 pm »
I am not an idiot. I have a degree, not that it is anyone's business.  I don't think something that should be a HUMAN RIGHT needs to be dictated at the state level.  If it was a national law then states couldn't outlaw it and everyone would be happy. 

dont take the bait man... ford is a troll..he's going down in flames here so he tries to change the conversation (hey look gang lets talk about ellen! she's a nice lesbian!) or nitpicks about the law (again, trying to change the conversation)... James Ford's exact "reasoning" was used to defend separate but equal....

james ford, you are a bore and a boor. I can see you during WWII : "hey jews don't make a fuss..the nazis they don't like it!"

James Ford

« Reply #2941 on: January 27, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »
How many beers you had tonight Hutchy? I have no idea what you're talking about. But I think I have made my point quite clearly. I even posted a link to a writeup in Atlantic that also underscored what I was trying to say. If you choose not to agree with me, that's your right.

I am not an idiot. I have a degree, not that it is anyone's business.  I don't think something that should be a HUMAN RIGHT needs to be dictated at the state level.  If it was a national law then states couldn't outlaw it and everyone would be happy. 

dont take the bait man... ford is a troll..he's going down in flames here so he tries to change the conversation (hey look gang lets talk about ellen! she's a nice lesbian!) or nitpicks about the law (again, trying to change the conversation)... James Ford's exact "reasoning" was used to defend separate but equal....

james ford, you are a bore and a boor. I can see you during WWII : "hey jews don't make a fuss..the nazis they don't like it!"

hutch

« Reply #2942 on: January 27, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »
How many beers you had tonight Hutchy? I have no idea what you're talking about. But I think I have made my point quite clearly. I even posted a link to a writeup in Atlantic that also underscored what I was trying to say. If you choose not to agree with me, that's your right.

more trolling.. no ideas..just "how many beers you had?" and "there's an article somewhere that agrees with me!".. are you taking issue with the fact that the Supreme Court could if they wished make gay marriage legal all across the country? Because they could.. they can do, and have done, pretty much anything.. the idea that gay marriage has to be decided on a state by state basis is just an idea...its looks like the way its going and that's fine but there is nothing that prohibits the Supreme Court from making it part of equal protection... they make it up as they go along as i hope we all realize by nonw...

and i haven't had a beer tonight not that what I drink is any of your business you idiot.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2943 on: January 28, 2014, 12:39:11 am »
If it was a national law then states couldn't outlaw it and everyone would be happy. 

first part is true, second part isn't (or wouldn't be). RE: abortion.
<sig>

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2944 on: January 28, 2014, 12:42:21 am »

atomic

« Reply #2945 on: January 28, 2014, 10:56:09 am »
If it was a national law then states couldn't outlaw it and everyone would be happy. 

first part is true, second part isn't (or wouldn't be). RE: abortion.

The Federal Government has ways of forcing states to do things without making laws or Supreme Court decisions.  For example, drinking age is 21 in every state.   At one point the Feds made the speed limit 55 in every state.  How do they do this.  They tax people in your state and then threaten to withold federal spending in your state.  Works like a charm.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2946 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:44 am »

If this wasn't about shoving it in middle America's face (and instead about people wanting a glamorous, Hollywood produced wedding as you propose), there would have been gay AND straight couples getting married.

I didn't see it, but the mass wedding included gay and straight couples.  So there.

hutch

« Reply #2947 on: January 28, 2014, 11:13:20 am »

If this wasn't about shoving it in middle America's face (and instead about people wanting a glamorous, Hollywood produced wedding as you propose), there would have been gay AND straight couples getting married.

I didn't see it, but the mass wedding included gay and straight couples.  So there.

James Ford didn't see it either..

atomic

« Reply #2948 on: January 28, 2014, 11:26:39 am »

Actually, I could see James and his wife splitting their bottle of beer and a box of prunes in their rocking chairs watching the grammies.  Then they see the marriage ceremony and are disgusted by gay america not getting married in shame in private. 

James Ford

« Reply #2949 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:07 am »
Well they got that part right then. Good for them.

Still, to me, it was a combination of (likely unsuccessful) political statement and celebrities patting themselves on the back. The gay and straight couples were simple event props.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2950 on: January 28, 2014, 11:41:32 am »

I don't think "not allowing homesexuals to marry" is "on the wrong side of history" (I hate that phrase.)  I think "Marriage." is "on the wrong side of history."  You're married in your heart.  You don't need some property dispersion legal document to validate it.   

Plus, you know how flighty mos are.  They're like hummingbirds.  Once there's total marriage equality, the gay marriage divorce rate will outpace the hetero one.  Haven't two of the "Mount Rushmore of Acceptable Lesbians"  (Melissa Etheridge and Rosie O'Donnell) ALREADY gotten divorced?  Even Amber Heard has switched teams back to Johnny "Hair Weave" Depp.  I guess filming Martin Amis's masterpiece will do that to you.  The fancy, script writing is on the wall.

Can we get back to  MORE disgusting display of whoremanship at the Grammies?  Trent Reznor bitching about his jam being cut off?  Really, Trent?  You're shocked that the Grammies don't give two shits about an alternative super group of naked careerists like Josh Homme and Dave Grohl?   I think they wouldn't let you finish because they made you be towel boys at Clive Davis's post-Grammy bash.

"And the night ended with a flubbed rock jam: Lindsey Buckingham played the acoustic lick from Fleetwood Mac's "Big Love" while three Nineties greats ? Trent Reznor, Josh Homme, Dave Grohl ? played something mediocre, probably from somebody's new album. It was a relief when the network mercifully cut to the closing credits."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beyonce-grammy-queen-raise-a-gold-sippy-cup-to-the-nights-big-star-20140127

Brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2951 on: January 28, 2014, 11:46:12 am »

Still, to me, it was a combination of (likely unsuccessful) political statement and celebrities patting themselves on the back. The gay and straight couples were simple event props.

If you set aside your reactionary perceived hatred of conservative values and James Ford, I think you'll agree.  In a horrible program of patting/blowing each other that's all this was. 

It did not do anything for the gay marriage movement.  NO ONE sitting at home thought: "If a clearly heterosexual woman like Queen Latifah can accept gay marriage along with that rapper Snow then maybe I can open my heart a little and accept it too!"

I mean, fucking Madonna was involved!   That's proof that's it's self-congratulatory nonsense.

Brian

hutch

« Reply #2952 on: January 28, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »

Actually, I could see James and his wife splitting their bottle of beer and a box of prunes in their rocking chairs watching the grammies.  Then they see the marriage ceremony and are disgusted by gay america not getting married in shame in private. 

No. He said he didnt see it..his reaction is based on something he read..

he's really a grade A buffoon.

atomic

« Reply #2953 on: January 28, 2014, 12:04:58 pm »

Oh I guess that is how he forms all his opinions. 

James Ford

« Reply #2954 on: January 28, 2014, 12:17:55 pm »
I watched this.

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2014/01/video-macklemore-grammys-wedding-34-couples-gay-marriage

You didn't watch World War 2, yet you seem to have an opinion on Hitler. Guess that makes you a buffoon too.