Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313644 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5221 on: November 30, 2023, 11:52:38 am »
U2 @ The Sphere:

- the band did their thing.  either you like them or you don't, and most folks here don't, so i won't carry on about how much i enjoyed the shows (especially the acoustic set from War on friday)

- the venue, tho... wow.  just wow.  sound is absolutely pristine.  hands-down the best sounding venue i've ever been to.  the visuals were overwhelming at times.  pix and vids cannot do justice to that experience.  definitely worth checking out if ever in vegas (they play custom-made movies in it as well on non-concert nights, if you don't wanna catch whatever band is playing there at the time).

sweets, as a Sphere veteran, do you have any thoughts on preferences for seating? I'm assuming it's more of a "not a bad seat in the houses" scenario and I'm sure it comes to personal preference if you want an expansive view vs. being up close, but I'm all ears on your thoughts!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5222 on: November 30, 2023, 12:18:39 pm »
You asked, but you didn't ask me. I've never been there, but here's what I've heard.

Upper levels and further back are better than up close. The venue isn't about leaning up against the stage. You want to take in the full visual.

You also want to avoid anything in the 100s level behind about row 20. You'd be under the overhang from upper levels, and you wouldn't be able to see the visuals anywhere above.

The venue claims that they have "audio beam" technology that targets each seat with a separate audio stream. It's all marketing bullshit, of course, but the sound is supposed to be spectacular regardless of your seat.

Yada

« Reply #5223 on: November 30, 2023, 12:43:52 pm »
thx!

« Reply #5224 on: November 30, 2023, 12:53:24 pm »
FYI… both smakie and challenged went too
So they might have good intel
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5225 on: November 30, 2023, 12:58:16 pm »
Upper levels and further back are better than up close. The venue isn't about leaning up against the stage. You want to take in the full visual.

this is the correct take.  i was on the floor for 2 shows, and for both we hung out at the back of GA and had amazing views and sound.  also walked around a bit, audio clarity was to be had everywhere  i don't know if you'd get quite the same visual experience from the very back (upper 400's) since everything would be in front of you and less surrounding you...

You also want to avoid anything in the 100s level behind about row 20. You'd be under the overhang from upper levels, and you wouldn't be able to see the visuals anywhere above.

this is the single most important piece of advice: reject any 100's beyond row 18'ish.  otherwise, it's all good.

The venue claims that they have "audio beam" technology that targets each seat with a separate audio stream. It's all marketing bullshit, of course, but the sound is supposed to be spectacular regardless of your seat.

don't knock it until you try it: they can beam different audio to different sections.  for movies, certain sections have english audio while the seats right next to them get spanish.  i'm telling ya, the tech in that place is insane.
<sig>

« Reply #5226 on: November 30, 2023, 01:24:48 pm »
don't knock it until you try it: they can beam different audio to different sections.  for movies, certain sections have english audio while the seats right next to them get spanish.  i'm telling ya, the tech in that place is insane.
slack

Yada

« Reply #5227 on: November 30, 2023, 01:42:31 pm »
FYI… both smakie and challenged went too
So they might have good intel

i've spoken to my friend Jeff.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #5228 on: December 01, 2023, 07:43:19 pm »
U2 @ The Sphere:

- the band did their thing.  either you like them or you don't, and most folks here don't, so i won't carry on about how much i enjoyed the shows (especially the acoustic set from War on friday)

- the venue, tho... wow.  just wow.  sound is absolutely pristine.  hands-down the best sounding venue i've ever been to.  the visuals were overwhelming at times.  pix and vids cannot do justice to that experience.  definitely worth checking out if ever in vegas (they play custom-made movies in it as well on non-concert nights, if you don't wanna catch whatever band is playing there at the time).

sweets, as a Sphere veteran, do you have any thoughts on preferences for seating? I'm assuming it's more of a "not a bad seat in the houses" scenario and I'm sure it comes to personal preference if you want an expansive view vs. being up close, but I'm all ears on your thoughts!

Reddit takes on the question

https://www.reddit.com/r/phish/s/k1NsRCMajT

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5229 on: December 03, 2023, 11:42:15 am »
Tuscadero were awesome....! They should play every year.
(_|_)

Got Haggis?

« Reply #5230 on: December 03, 2023, 07:49:38 pm »
agreed, they sounded so good.  I hope they continue to play.  Only went to the show to see them - didn't really care about Velocity Girl

bearman🐻

« Reply #5231 on: December 05, 2023, 11:13:23 am »
agreed, they sounded so good.  I hope they continue to play.  Only went to the show to see them - didn't really care about Velocity Girl

One of my favorite Simpsons lines inspired by a band.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5232 on: December 10, 2023, 06:25:03 pm »
Billy Strings both nights in Baltimore:

BMFS!!!

Bagley

« Reply #5233 on: December 20, 2023, 12:22:44 pm »
Kosmo-

How was Madonna?

Logistics work out ok for ya?

hutch

« Reply #5234 on: December 20, 2023, 02:51:42 pm »
She went on at 10:20 vs 10:40 the previous night.

I read ticket sales were soft