Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901956 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2355 on: September 15, 2011, 02:09:51 pm »
Is it just me, or has Netflix dropped the ball on streaming of new movies?

The studios (and I'm sure the Network movie channels) have limited the release of new releases to streaming.  There's a minimum of 28 days for some movies, 6 months for some and some you may never see at all.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2356 on: September 15, 2011, 03:42:24 pm »
plus, netflix and stars have parted ways . . . not sure how many titles are stars, but i seem to remember that stars stuff is really the best netflix has to offer.  without them, this whole price increase thing gets less fun.

vansmack

« Reply #2357 on: September 15, 2011, 03:53:02 pm »
As an investor (and someone who did cancel both) I have a hard time believing that, and if true, you'd think they would be touting that as they downgraded their estimates on subscribers, yet they say their financial guidance remains unchanged. 

I smell something stinky and await October numbers.

I'm not alone:

At 11:15 a.m. PT, Netflix's stock was trading at about $169 a share, down $39 or 18 percent.

Of course the revenue numbers would indicate that they're growing...
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2358 on: September 15, 2011, 04:20:21 pm »
plus, netflix and stars have parted ways . . . not sure how many titles are stars, but i seem to remember that stars stuff is really the best netflix has to offer.  without them, this whole price increase thing gets less fun.

Starz is awesome because Starz has Spartacus (Andy Whitfield, Rest in Peace.  I love you, man.)  It's like "Gladiator" meets "Girls Gone Wild"!  It has Xena regularly undressed!  It's AWESOME!

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

Brian

vansmack

« Reply #2359 on: September 15, 2011, 05:16:20 pm »
The Samsung Galaxy S II hits Sprint.  It's fantastic and meet my requirements of a dual-core phone with 4G capabilities.  I believe they are calling it the Epic 4G Touch - best phone in the US Market.

Review of Samsung Epic 4G Touch
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2360 on: September 19, 2011, 10:54:56 am »
Netflix renames DVD-by-mail service, adds video games
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/19/tech/web/netflix-qwikster/index.html
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2361 on: September 19, 2011, 11:03:45 am »
if anybody has been paying attention . . . netflix streaming got a bit better over the past week, and amazon on demand has really cranked up their "newer films from theatre" selections.  may the war commence.  love the game aspect, seeing how i'm finally getting around to buying an xbox 360 once the $50 drop takes effect, and have always wanted to try gamefly.com.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2362 on: September 19, 2011, 11:13:52 am »
if anybody has been paying attention . . . netflix streaming got a bit better over the past week, and amazon on demand has really cranked up their "newer films from theatre" selections.  may the war commence.  love the game aspect, seeing how i'm finally getting around to buying an xbox 360 once the $50 drop takes effect, and have always wanted to try gamefly.com.

Don't play video games.  Idiots play video games.  Fact.  Read more.   Listen to more music.  Get a sketch pad.  Draw or paint.  Learn a language.  Be creative.  Go for a run.

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2363 on: September 19, 2011, 11:20:05 am »
i do all of those things.  except run.  i don't understand that.

i'm currently reading the storm

i'm currently writing a novel, with neato/freako pictures, drawn by myself

i'm currently attempting to learn spanish . . . very badly.

i work in a very stress filled enviroment.

i go to the gym four times a week.

i do more in one day, than you do, i'm sure.

plus i play video games to wind down the day, because i don't have cable.

anything else, smarty mcfarty?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:21:42 am by walkonby »

vansmack

« Reply #2364 on: September 19, 2011, 12:09:03 pm »
Netflix renames DVD-by-mail service, adds video games

So sorry, too late.  They really should have told us all of this at the outset.  I will say this though, two separate queue's will be the worst outcome of all of these shenanigans IF they kept 12 million in the "both' category, but this tends to make me believe that we're about to see that they didn't quite get 12 million in the "both" category.

I should also point out that I've tried GameFly, twice, and cancelled it both times.  Just wasn't for me...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:10:54 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2365 on: September 19, 2011, 02:37:58 pm »
i do more in one day, than you do, i'm sure.

No.  That's impossible.

anything else, smarty mcfarty?

Yes.  As a matter of fact....

Brian

James Ford

« Reply #2366 on: September 19, 2011, 02:52:30 pm »
how did netflix streaming get better?

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2367 on: September 19, 2011, 03:11:35 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #2368 on: September 19, 2011, 03:22:20 pm »
I play video games to make certain that when I fly my drones over Afghanistan I don't kill innocent civilians.  Only bad people.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2369 on: September 19, 2011, 05:28:27 pm »
how did netflix streaming get better?

i am obsessed with netflix and watch it every day.  i, like everybody else, bitches about the selection on the instant stream . . . but over the weekend i noticed a whole slew of new stuff added, especially on the tv side.  yes, it wasn't brand brand new straight for the theatre stuff, and they still have vast improvements to make or they are toast, but hopefully this trend of mega adding stuff to make people happy due to the change continues.  i'm also noticing less kid's shit being added.  stupid kids.