Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2695473 times)

wml7

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #2415 on: September 12, 2010, 11:34:49 am »
I'll be working the BSS show on saturday. look for the curly hair guy and don't be shy to say hello

Broken Social Scene was awesome last night.  They always put on a great show.  It's like a minature Arcade Fire  ;D  Not sure if I saw your or not as I only saw two people with curly hair that worked there, one was doing ids at the door and the other a bartender.  My bartender was the blonde girl whos like been there since the place opened, is she on the forums?  ;D

betao

« Reply #2416 on: September 12, 2010, 12:58:58 pm »
Haha I don't think so (I know who you're talking about though). And the guy IDing people wasn't me. I was on the balcony last night. They did indeed put on a good show, and the audience was very much into it.

next on the list: ZZ Top on Tues.

killsaly

« Reply #2417 on: September 12, 2010, 03:31:32 pm »
I might have an extra Panda Bear ticket for tonight that i will give to one of you for free at the venue.  I wont know until a lot closer to the show, maybe by 7.  PM me if interested, ill give it (if my gf decides not to go) to whoever hits me up first.

killsaly

« Reply #2418 on: September 13, 2010, 11:10:48 am »
I had to leave before Panda Bear, but did catch Deakin.  I dug him but definitely was sad to have missed PB... Maybe next time...

This week, probably Justin Jones release party, and maybe Vandelles, SVI, Thrushes, Flying Eyes at the Ottobar. 

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2419 on: September 13, 2010, 11:20:49 am »
No Age/Holy F*ck on Friday.
Dark Star Orchestra on Saturday.  They're doing a show from the Capital Centre.  Should be fun.

James Ford

« Reply #2420 on: September 13, 2010, 02:13:12 pm »
Two fun shows in one week for me. Holy cow.

Of Montreal/Janelle Monae Tuesday (and a big fuck you to the person who said this wasn't a hot ticket...sure it didn't sell out immediately, but it DID sell out)

Robbie Fulks at Iota Friday

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2421 on: September 13, 2010, 02:35:52 pm »
Of Montreal/Janelle Monae Tuesday (and a big fuck you to the person who said this wasn't a hot ticket...sure it didn't sell out immediately, but it DID sell out)

"a big fuck you"?  really?  defensive much?  :)

interesting how you call LCDSS and pavement "entry level idiot hipster magnet bands", yet you get your panties in a knot when someone disses a band of hacks who need theatrics (like being "born" through a giant vagina on stage) to compensate for their lack of interesting new music.  i'm not saying oM is better or worse than LCDSS and/or pavements, just a funny observation.  yes, little things amuse me.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #2422 on: September 13, 2010, 03:29:31 pm »
I'd happily prefer to listen to all *ten Of Montreal albums back to back rather than have to listen to one LCDSS song. What's interesting about their music is that he/they've managed to evolve in such a fashion as to still be making music after ten albums. Music that now sounds little like the twee band they started out as. But that's just me.

I haven't seen them live, so I'm hoping the theatrical stuff doesn't detract from the excellence of the music. I'll bet those who go to see OM go in spite of the theatrical stuff rather than because of it.

*Well actually, I might skip Skeletal Lamping.

interesting how you call LCDSS and pavement "entry level idiot hipster magnet bands", yet you get your panties in a knot when someone disses a band of hacks who need theatrics (like being "born" through a giant vagina on stage) to compensate for their lack of interesting new music.  i'm not saying oM is better or worse than LCDSS and/or pavements, just a funny observation.  yes, little things amuse me.

James Ford

« Reply #2423 on: September 13, 2010, 03:31:43 pm »
I don't recall what thread it was, but i do remember one or two people being particularly snide with me when i suggested that the show was a "hot ticket".

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2424 on: September 13, 2010, 04:49:45 pm »
Nevermind.... didnt see this page till now.

I'll be working the BSS show on saturday. look for the curly hair guy and don't be shy to say hello
HeyLa

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2425 on: September 13, 2010, 05:13:44 pm »
oM will be awesome. Fuck everyone who says otherwise. I wish I were seeing them again, but unless I win free tix its not looking like it. Itll be a great show. Their theatrics have gotten a bit over the top, but regardless Kevin always looks and sounds great. I do miss some of their earlier music that seems to have vanished, but they have a huge catalog so its hard to complain.

Enjoy the show!

from one of my fav shows and Kevin has never looked better.

I'd happily prefer to listen to all *ten Of Montreal albums back to back rather than have to listen to one LCDSS song. What's interesting about their music is that he/they've managed to evolve in such a fashion as to still be making music after ten albums. Music that now sounds little like the twee band they started out as. But that's just me.

I haven't seen them live, so I'm hoping the theatrical stuff doesn't detract from the excellence of the music. I'll bet those who go to see OM go in spite of the theatrical stuff rather than because of it.

*Well actually, I might skip Skeletal Lamping.

HeyLa

wml7

« Reply #2426 on: September 13, 2010, 08:32:42 pm »
None of you guys checking out Broken Social Scene at Warner??  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2427 on: September 13, 2010, 10:37:35 pm »

the missus was there, told me it was a capital-G Great show.

dammit.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #2428 on: September 13, 2010, 10:45:10 pm »
Probably Janelle Monae tomorrow
Probably Justin's thing Thurs
Amps for Christ Thurs
Insect Factory and the Caribbean Fri
Superchunk (!!!!!!!!!!!!) Fri
America Hearts Fri
Muffins/Hume Sat
Sonic Circuits 12-hr music marathon Sun
May leave the music marathon for Mondo Drag Sun if I find out where they are playing
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2429 on: September 13, 2010, 10:57:02 pm »
i got lazy....i think i'm outgrowing them.....it's time to move on I think.....

(_|_)