Author Topic: *ROLL CALL* The Great Michael Moore SUN 10/2/11 5PM  (Read 8892 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: *ROLL CALL* The Great Michael Moore SUN 10/2/11 5PM
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 11:07:14 pm »
If people really want to support the troops lets bring them home.

A strong country needs a strong military.  

Hey, let's become isolationists!  That sounds like FUN!  We'd have all the time in the WORLD to jerk off to Wilco and obsess over iphones, then!

Gunpowder makes the world go round.  The sooner you realize that, the better off you are.  You can't be a naive child your entire life.  Well, you can.  There are several on this message board that are.

What hogwash has been spewed regarding Mr. Moore?  I'm curious.  Are you saying he's NOT a hypocrite?  Are you going to give me some tired, "George W. Bush was worse than Hitler" spiel?  How he's a war criminal?  Or how (as Michael Moore has suggested) we should have tried Osama Bin Laden in a court of law?  

Hey, wm7!  Hutch!  They're prostesting on Wall Street!  Go up!  Be a PATRIOT!  I hear since Phish aren't touring there's a drum circle and EVERYTHING!

Brian
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:10:34 pm by Brian_Wallace »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 11:11:30 pm »
trey and mike are touring.  you lose . . . again.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 11:12:55 pm »
meaningless pointless war based on lies that has virtually bankrupted our country

Kids, that's what's known as a "talking point."  Do you have a tattoo of that somewhere?  If you're drunk and pulled over do you have to say it backwards?

"Country...our...lies...Bush...bankrupt....war....senseless..."

Brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 11:13:41 pm »
trey and mike are touring.  you lose . . . again.

They're not the whole BAND!  Sting's touring, too.  That's not THE POLICE!

Brian

hutch

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 11:15:06 pm »

Hey, let's become isolationists!  That sounds like FUN!  We'd have all the time in the WORLD to jerk off to Wilco and obsess over iphones, then!

Gunpowder makes the world go round.  The sooner you realize that, the better off you are.  You can't be a naive child your entire life.  Well, you can.  There are several on this message board that are.

What hogwash has been spewed regarding Mr. Moore?  I'm curious.  Are you saying he's NOT a hypocrite?  Are you going to give me some tired, "George W. Bush was worse than Hitler" spiel?  How he's a war criminal?  Or how (as Michael Moore has suggested) we should have tried Osama Bin Laden in a court of law?  

Hey, wm7!  Hutch!  They're prostesting on Wall Street!  Go up!  Be a PATRIOT!  I hear since Phish aren't touring there's a drum circle and EVERYTHING!

Brian

You're on a roll tonight my friend. Tell me you don't actually believe what happened in Iraq made our military look strong? Tell me you don't actually believe it has strengthened our country to waste all that blood and treasure over there.

Please, otherwise I'll have to accept you're not just rude but also incredibly stupid.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 11:22:00 pm »

Brian

You're on a roll tonight my friend. Tell me you don't actually believe what happened in Iraq made our military look strong? Tell me you don't actually believe it has strengthened our country to waste all that blood and treasure over there.

Please, otherwise I'll have to accept you're not just rude but also incredibly stupid.

Listen, I don't want to get in a political discussion here.  I don't think blood was "wasted" over there.  I don't think American soldiers giving their lives ANYWHERE is a "waste."  I'm sure you differ on that.  And I have no idea what you mean by "treasure".  Are you referring to some video game or something?   Yes, I'm incredibly rude, amazingly stupid and because I didn't think the man who ran Gino's steaks in Philly was a racist, apparently a racist, too.

Good night.

Brian

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 12:58:23 pm »
Please explain to me what is wrong with the protesting of Wall Street. Ive got friends down there who are protesting - who got laid off from jobs - can barely afford rent and are at an age where just packing up and going home to ma/pa is not an option.
HeyLa

ggw

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 01:54:31 pm »
Please explain to me what is wrong with the protesting of Wall Street. Ive got friends down there who are protesting - who got laid off from jobs - can barely afford rent and are at an age where just packing up and going home to ma/pa is not an option.

It is basically just a bunch of spoiled, whiny Gen-Ys searching for any "cause" on which they can vent their personal disaffection.  Nothing like some nebulous boogieman of "financial greed and corruption" to get their collectivist juices flowing. 

RustyOrgan

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 02:03:51 pm »

It is basically just a bunch of spoiled, whiny Gen-Ys searching for any "cause" on which they can vent their personal disaffection.  Nothing like some nebulous boogieman of "financial greed and corruption" to get their collectivist juices flowing. 

Have you not read a newspaper in the past 10 years? People have more than enough reason to protest - and if you look at who is at these demonstrations, it's hardly the hipster types that you mention.

azaghal1981

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 02:11:52 pm »
It is a joke that the heads of BofA, Goldman (including our current treasury secretary), etc. are not in jail and continue to make more money than ever while at the same time, banks are taking away people's houses left and right.
احمد

ggw

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 02:13:17 pm »
I read 2-3 newspapers a day, but Adbusters and ProPublica are not among them.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2011, 02:57:04 pm »

Wow!  Can't afford rent in New York City?!?!?!  Get OUT!  No, I mean if you can't afford rent where you want to live, get out.  Move somewhere where you can afford rent and get a job.  Where's the protest for hipsters who live in NYC and have nothing better to do than stand in a line around a city block to see Radiohead?

Brian

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2011, 03:44:20 pm »
Yes Brian - because you know all. My friends obviously waited all day in line to be at Radiohead in the very front. They spent $80 on tickets even tho theyre not employed. We all live in luxurious apartments in Manhattan and dont think twice about paying $3,000 in rent. We're also all hipsters, and are trust-fund kids - so the complaining about losing a job - whatevs - we'll go down and protest. Go keep drinking the kool-aid!

And oh yeah, last I checked NYC is not Manhattan.

Wow!  Can't afford rent in New York City?!?!?!  Get OUT!  No, I mean if you can't afford rent where you want to live, get out.  Move somewhere where you can afford rent and get a job.  Where's the protest for hipsters who live in NYC and have nothing better to do than stand in a line around a city block to see Radiohead?

Brian
HeyLa

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2011, 03:52:28 pm »

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
HeyLa