Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1315451 times)

dyecraig

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2040 on: June 10, 2016, 10:19:48 pm »
nice review of the mudcrutch show over at the vinyl district, pics, setlist (no "beautiful blue"?)
http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/dc/2016/06/tvd-live-mudcrutch-at-the-930-club-66/#more-291249

bob72

« Reply #2041 on: June 13, 2016, 09:56:57 am »
did anyone go see Colleen Green last night? how was it?
PENIS

bearman🐻

« Reply #2042 on: June 13, 2016, 10:25:24 am »
The Feelies' 40th anniversary show was a blast. The original band (with Keith and Vinny De Nunzio) played 4 songs in the encore, and that was really cool. Ira Kaplan did a bunch of songs in the encore. It was a really phenomenal show...2 hours and 45 minutes. Anton Fier was there, but apparently he cannot perform...he looked a little frail but seemed to be hanging in there. First time I've been to Maplewood, NJ, which is a nice area...I don't think I've never been to a rock show in such a high falutin suburb. Cool venue as well, the hall used to be where the woman's club would meet. They also have done a bunch of weddings there, so you could sense that it was a nice place for the community to gather for special events. The vibe was very celebratory. Lots of family members and friends of the band there. I'm glad I went up for this.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-feelies/2016/the-great-hall-at-the-woodland-maplewood-nj-bfe11a2.html

hutch

« Reply #2043 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:32 am »
wow that looks awesome! well done!

killsaly

« Reply #2044 on: June 13, 2016, 11:59:27 am »
you do not seem like you would be a fan of her music. But I don't really know you so maybe I am wrong.

bob72

« Reply #2045 on: June 13, 2016, 12:22:35 pm »
you do not seem like you would be a fan of her music.
kinda sort of. I've only heard bits and pieces of the new album (which I like), but would have liked a live performance before I pass judgment. IMO that can be a deciding factor.
PENIS

killsaly

« Reply #2046 on: June 13, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »
She either plays guitar and sings while an iPod or a drum machine (I've seen her with both) backs her up, or she plays with a band.   I've enjoyed the three times I saw her live (once for each configuration).

Kubacheck

« Reply #2047 on: June 13, 2016, 09:03:15 pm »
The Feelies' 40th anniversary show was a blast. The original band (with Keith and Vinny De Nunzio) played 4 songs in the encore, and that was really cool. Ira Kaplan did a bunch of songs in the encore. It was a really phenomenal show...2 hours and 45 minutes. Anton Fier was there, but apparently he cannot perform...he looked a little frail but seemed to be hanging in there. First time I've been to Maplewood, NJ, which is a nice area...I don't think I've never been to a rock show in such a high falutin suburb. Cool venue as well, the hall used to be where the woman's club would meet. They also have done a bunch of weddings there, so you could sense that it was a nice place for the community to gather for special events. The vibe was very celebratory. Lots of family members and friends of the band there. I'm glad I went up for this.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-feelies/2016/the-great-hall-at-the-woodland-maplewood-nj-bfe11a2.html

hopefully there was an amateur audio hobbyist in attendance, I'd like to hear this show....

hutch

« Reply #2048 on: June 13, 2016, 09:11:37 pm »

hopefully there was an amateur audio hobbyist in attendance, I'd like to hear this show....

wait a minute.. .YOU are the board's amateur audio hobbyist....if you weren't there.... uh oh..

Kubacheck

« Reply #2049 on: June 13, 2016, 09:13:49 pm »

wait a minute.. .YOU are the board's amateur audio hobbyist....if you weren't there.... uh oh..

I'm hoping the NJ chapter of the fraternity can pick up the slack....

bearman🐻

« Reply #2050 on: June 14, 2016, 12:23:39 pm »
The Feelies' sound guy records all their shows. Not sure what he does with them, but I would imagine there'll be copies of this floating around.

Kubacheck

« Reply #2051 on: June 19, 2016, 01:51:38 pm »
saw a guy at the Jayhawks show last night wearing a Luna "Romantica" t-shirt.... wasn't one of y'all, was it??

Space Freely

« Reply #2052 on: June 19, 2016, 02:14:27 pm »
So we were in Columbia yesterday and on a whim checked Stubhub and ended up getting last second tickets to Jason Isbell.

I enjoyed his set, my wife enjoyed finally getting to see him solo, and my eight year old's comment was "This guy is the worst. He's worse than Tom Petty." Oh well, two out of three aint bad.

We got there too late to catch Frank Turner and left before Chris Stapleton.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:16:05 pm by Space Freely »

hutch

« Reply #2053 on: June 19, 2016, 02:29:58 pm »
So we were in Columbia yesterday and on a whim checked Stubhub and ended up getting last second tickets to Jason Isbell.

I enjoyed his set, my wife enjoyed finally getting to see him solo, and my eight year old's comment was "This guy is the worst. He's worse than Tom Petty." Oh well, two out of three aint bad.

We got there too late to catch Frank Turner and left before Chris Stapleton.

your daughter has good taste... you know he is root canal material live.....

Yada

« Reply #2054 on: June 20, 2016, 09:49:23 am »
how many people got a good night's pre-sleep nap at Ray Lamontagne last night?