Author Topic: You knew Dave Matthews' music sounded like shit but...  (Read 6471 times)

Sailor Ripley

You knew Dave Matthews' music sounded like shit but...
« on: August 24, 2004, 09:40:00 pm »
All the news thats shit to print.  

Dave Matthews Band Blamed For Human Waste

Aug 24, 2004 6:01 pm US/Central
 CHICAGO (CBS 2) Rock star Dave Matthews and his tour bus driver are facing a filthy lawsuit.

The Illinois Attorney General's office says they're responsible for dumping up to 100-gallons of raw human waste from a tour bus onto the Kinzie Street Bridge earlier this month.

The nasty mess rained down on passengers aboard a sightseeing boat two weeks ago.

The suit charges both the band and the bus driver with violating state water pollution laws, as well as common law public nuisance laws.

A spokesman for the band says all of its tour buses were parked at the time of the incident.

Linkage

hitman

Re: You knew Dave Matthews' music sounded like shit but...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 01:21:00 am »
This is a few weeks old now.  And it seems to have been dropped.  The last I heard was that some country act going through the area may be the culprit.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 08:07:00 am »
Originally posted by hitman:
  This is a few weeks old now.  And it seems to have been dropped.  The last I heard was that some country act going through the area may be the culprit.
Hmmm, the article I posted is dated yesterday, so I'm guessing it's still alive.  But, the thought of it being a country act that was guilty makes me chuckle at the thought of them "living up to stereotypes".

Maybe it was really one of Clark Griswald's relatives.

eros

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 08:35:00 am »
Originally posted by Sailor Ripley:

Hmmm, the article I posted is dated yesterday, so I'm guessing it's still alive.  But, the thought of it being a country act that was guilty makes me chuckle at the thought of them "living up to stereotypes".

Maybe it was really one of Clark Griswald's relatives. [/b]
"Mornin' Clark!  Shitters full"
ʎɐʍou

hitman

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 01:19:00 am »
Yeah, I know what the date was.  But the original incident is weeks old now.  It was first reported on  web page when I saw it.

But you're right about the possibility of living up to stereotypes if it is a country act.  I found out about that part from a friend who emailed me an article.  I think I deleted it, but I'll try and find it.

Fluffy

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 06:15:00 pm »
from today:

Dave Matthews Band May Face Criminal Charges Over Bus Stink
 08.26.2004 3:39 PM EDT

Authorities in Chicago are considering criminal charges against the Dave Matthews Band after reviewing surveillance footage of an August 8 incident in which the group's tour bus allegedly dumped human waste into the Chicago River.

Police Commander Michael Chasen said he's certain that the band's bus is the culprit, thanks to the footage, which was shot from nearby buildings and shows a bus crossing the bridge as a tour boat passes below (see "Dave Matthews Band Sued For Stinking Up Chicago River"). Criminal charges could include violations of public nuisance laws and ordinances to protect public health and safety, according to The Associated Press.

Chasen said Dave Matthews Band bus driver Stefan Wohl told police that he crossed the Kinzie Street bridge near the time the incident took place, but that he did not say whether he was responsible for dumping the 800 pounds of human waste through the bridge's metal grates. A tour boat with unfortunate timing and a group of 120 passengers aboard was doused with the refuse as it passed underneath.

Around two-thirds of the passengers sitting on the upper deck of Chicago's Little Lady were hit with the falling waste, the Chicago Tribune reported. Five passengers went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital for testing and all received refunds on their $25 tickets.

The state of Illinois filed suit against the Dave Matthews Band and Wohl on Tuesday, alleging that they violated state water pollution and public nuisance laws. The suit seeks $70,000 in civil penalties.

Jerry Fitzpatrick, the driver initially accused of dumping the waste, told the Tribune that "the band is very environmentally conscious. We wouldn't want to have anything to do with this sort of thing."

The Dave Matthews Band is on tour through October 8, when the group's bus will stop at the University of Florida in Gainesville for the final show of the Vote for Change Tour (see "Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, Springsteen, Others Join Vote For Change Tour").

A spokesperson for the Dave Matthews Band could not be reached at press time.

â??Alyssa Rashbaum

mankie

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 11:05:00 am »
I'm surprised they dumped it in the river instead of putting it on cd like they usually do.

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 11:55:00 am »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  I'm surprised they dumped it in the river instead of putting it on cd like they usually do.
For once you made me laugh.   :D

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2004, 05:55:00 am »
heh, somebody posted this on another board I frequent with the header "Dave Matthews Releases More Crap."    :D

Doomlink
 http://www.alex.to/doomlink
_\|/_

Jaguär

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 10:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  heh, somebody posted this on another board I frequent with the header "Dave Matthews Releases More Crap."      :D  

Doomlink
   http://www.alex.to/doomlink  
Which was the first place that I read about this incident from all of the boards that now have it all over cyberspace.

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2004, 01:40:00 pm »
Looks like that fratboy element at their shows is finally starting to rub off on them. ;-)
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 05:19:00 pm »
Jaguar, you frequent inDC?
_\|/_

Jaguär

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 06:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  Jaguar, you frequent inDC?
Not sure what site you are talking about. Probably haven't been there than. I've seen it on several other sites though.

SalParadise

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
the incident as explained by a worker on the actual boat:

(i couldn't help laughing)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=db5980ba54a647495b00d991335e1b00&threadid=1174437

hitman

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 01:06:00 pm »
band letter

response posted by band on their website.