Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 466671 times)

nkotb

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #1365 on: January 13, 2020, 12:11:26 pm »
Really? I though Mini Mike B was good!  Way better than Crazy Bernie or Sleepy Joe

may be a good sign for bloomberg....trumps testing out insults

Mini Mike B

honestly, he's usually pretty good at this, but I give him a D on this one

nkotb

« Reply #1366 on: January 13, 2020, 12:17:37 pm »
Also, Booker out

« Reply #1367 on: January 13, 2020, 12:23:45 pm »
Also, Booker out
Donny never misses an opportunity to kick someone on the way out

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Really Big Breaking News (Kidding): Booker, who was in zero polling territory, just dropped out of the Democrat Presidential Primary Race. Now I can rest easy tonight. I was sooo concerned that I would someday have to go head to head with him!

Does anyone have any idea what was up with @thewhitehouse tweeting a picture of snow when it was almost 60 degrees in DC
Is it to show they can just say and do anything....even lie about the weather
this one has me confused
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:31:31 pm by Treated like a federal felon ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1368 on: January 13, 2020, 01:09:21 pm »
Does anyone have any idea what was up with @thewhitehouse tweeting a picture of snow when it was almost 60 degrees in DC
this one has me confused

https://mashable.com/article/white-house-snow-tweet/
<sig>

« Reply #1369 on: January 13, 2020, 01:13:44 pm »
this one has me confused

https://mashable.com/article/white-house-snow-tweet/

ok...it was an old photo taken on 1/7/20 they posted on 1/12/20...still again really odd

The North Portico of the White House is seen during a snow flurry Tuesday afternoon, Jan. 7, 2020, (Official White House Photo by Tia Dufour)
slack

hutch

« Reply #1370 on: January 13, 2020, 02:20:55 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/politics/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-meeting/index.html

I happen to think that if Hillary couldn’t win it’s doubtful we will have a female US President for at least 16 more years

nkotb

« Reply #1371 on: January 13, 2020, 02:32:28 pm »
As much as I dislike the Clinton's, she did win the popular vote! She just ran a bad campaign.

I do think Warren could beat Trump...she's a good fighter when she wants to be, but seems to have bad political instincts (or a bad campaign) about when to tuck tail.  Getting spooked by Mayor Pete doesn't really instill much confidence she could go toe to toe with him in the general.

Plus, everyone knows AOC will be the first female president :)

Still, an article with four anonymous sources, an on-the-record statement denying it from Bernie and a "no comment" from Warren's camp?  That's beyond fishy...especially given this only seems to surface when Bernie's up in most early state polling!

hutch

« Reply #1372 on: January 13, 2020, 03:15:39 pm »
Hillary ran a bad campaign? Please explain

vansmack

« Reply #1373 on: January 13, 2020, 03:26:00 pm »
Right now, no one is beating Trump.  And that won't change until the candidates stop vying to woo the coastal voters and start appealing to the voters in the 6 states that are going to decide this election.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #1374 on: January 13, 2020, 03:26:12 pm »
I want to preface this by saying that in no way am I minimizing misogyny as a reason she isn't president.  That's a real and true thing, and obviously any kind of shitty bias of this kind plays a role.  And I don't think that any existing bias like this (or racism or Islamophobia or homophobia or transphobia, etc. etc.) are reasons to not run a candidate...with the right messages and appeals those things are hurdles you can overcome.  I mean, we elected a black guy with an African name as president because he had a good message and an appeal to voters that was strong enough to overcome enough of that bias to win by huge margins.

Enough ink has been spilled about it, but her campaigns goal of converting suburban Republicans that were turned off by Trump was a colossal failure.  They may hold their nose as his tweets or his blatant racism, but they still agree with what he's about fundamentally, just not the way he says it.  She did this at the expense of turning out disenfranchised and disillusioned voters, and it cost her big.  Not to mention how her campaign ignored swing states...i think Trump out campaigned her in these states by like 50 percent or something outrageous.  She didn't visit Wisconsin once during the last 100 days of the election!

Look, she had more than that against her as well.  Our system is stupid and archaic and dumb as hell...but the rules are you get 270 electoral votes and you win.  Seems like a bad campaign when you lose that focus...that or hubris (probably both here, TBH).

Hillary ran a bad campaign? Please explain

hutch

« Reply #1375 on: January 13, 2020, 03:55:16 pm »
No mention of Comey and the FBI?

Not a serious response

I thought more highly of you

hutch

« Reply #1376 on: January 13, 2020, 04:03:15 pm »
If anybody wants to seriously look at the campaign the thing you would have to recognize is that the candidate that ran a terrible campaign was Donald Trump. It was not disciplined, every day there was a new clusterfuck, and he got creamed in every debate.

nkotb

« Reply #1377 on: January 13, 2020, 04:03:32 pm »
No mention of Comey and the FBI?

Not a serious response

Well, you asked me about her running a bad campaign, and I answered.  She couldn't help Comey's letter, which of course damaged here.  It's why I threw in a quick "Look, she had more than that against her as well."  Though one might say running a candidate that's under federal investigation was a poor choice to begin with.  Still, with more of a focus in those key swing states, she could've overcome those thin margin.

I thought more highly of you

That's your first mistake, bud :)

nkotb

« Reply #1378 on: January 13, 2020, 04:05:11 pm »
But he won! I think it's hard to say someone ran a bad campaign when they won!

But circling back, I think it's a bullshit thought to think a woman couldn't win.  That's lazy at best and extremely sexist at worst.  You just need the right message and the right messenger.

If anybody wants to seriously look at the campaign the thing you would have to recognize is that the candidate that ran a terrible campaign was Donald Trump. It was not disciplined, every day there was a new clusterfuck, and he got creamed in every debate.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1379 on: January 13, 2020, 04:08:25 pm »
But he won! I think it's hard to say someone ran a bad campaign when they won!
I think this really needs to get defined in the discussion of this (nearly continual) board argument. Can someone run a good campaign and lose? Can someone run a bad campaign and still win? If so, for either, give real-life examples [and show your work].

I think if you and Hutch answer those two questions (and follow one instructive statement), it will quickly be revealed you are debating different topics at heart.
LVMH