Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 467418 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #1500 on: February 03, 2020, 11:41:20 pm »
Lots of consternation in Iowa tonight
Everyone seems confused
I heard Amy is looking good
slack

hutch

« Reply #1501 on: February 03, 2020, 11:43:19 pm »
I heard Bernie Warren Pete good

Biden bad

Nobody is going to care cause it’s a shitshow

nkotb

« Reply #1502 on: February 04, 2020, 01:00:37 am »
Hmmm its not like the DNC to botch something this big...

vansmack

« Reply #1503 on: February 04, 2020, 01:34:22 am »
Instilling confidence from the get go!

This is shaping up to be an extraordinary week for the RNC and DJT ...
27>34

Yada

« Reply #1504 on: February 04, 2020, 10:00:56 am »
I typically don't get in on the politico posts... but we all deserve whatever we get.

hutch

« Reply #1505 on: February 04, 2020, 10:04:56 am »
Hmmm its not like the DNC to botch something this big...

Except it was the Iowa Democratic Party but hey whatever works for Bernie grievance politics / conspiracy theories

hutch

« Reply #1506 on: February 04, 2020, 10:05:30 am »
I typically don't get in on the politico posts... but we all deserve whatever we get.

Trump?

Yada

« Reply #1507 on: February 04, 2020, 10:10:11 am »

Trump?

Absolutely. Democrats fucking themselves again.

nkotb

« Reply #1508 on: February 04, 2020, 10:32:49 am »
You don't need to traffic in conspiracy theories (though it's hard not to here!!!) to realize how damaging this is to eventual front-runner and some of the candidates still in the race.  And Hutch, I know you have a hate boner for Bernie, but let's not forget, only two of the candidates so far are seemingly pulling hijinx, with Biden saying the results can't be trusted and Pete claiming victory with no results in. 

Seems like Warren and Klobuchar both had better than expected nights, and neither get to capitalize on it.  Hell, MSNBC (I think...I was switching back & forth) didn't even cover Warren's speech last night while giving everyone else full airtime.  That really fucking sucks for both of them.  And I'm not a fan of Klobuchar at all.

I don't see how it really hurts Bernie...no matter how it shakes down, I think it helps.  Either the tallies come in and he won (which I think will happen) but his supports still get to point to how inept and corrupt the establishment is, or he's in second and there's a huge asterisk on things.  Either way, hard for me to see how this does anything but fire up his base even more and probably make his pitch all the stronger.

Can't see how this helps Joe or Pete at all.

I just legitimately can't fathom how anyone still has trust in this party, at least as it currently operates.  They're either wildly incompetent, or wildly corrupt, or both!  At some point soon I think, people are going to start to realize being the only other game in town isn't enough...

« Reply #1509 on: February 04, 2020, 10:40:37 am »
YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB IOWA!
they should get penalized for this and vote after Puerto Rico in 2024

This now stains the whole thing into Nov, with tons of fodder for Team Trump and enabling more 'rigged election' talk
slack

nkotb

« Reply #1510 on: February 04, 2020, 10:43:00 am »
The coolest thing to me is the caucus is LITERALLY standing in a room and counting people, then writing down the numbers! Like, I saw them doing on live TV!! Why add an app into the mix? LOL Just total technocratic nonsense...it's perfect!

« Reply #1511 on: February 04, 2020, 10:47:32 am »
I'm telling you we need someone who can throw shade
I really didn't think Mike had any hope...but if he keeps throwing zingers, Trump will come unhinged and THAT'S what we want!

Asked Bloomberg, who is campaigning in California during the Iowa Caucuses — about his feud with President Trump, and whether people want to see two billionaires fighting on Twitter.

Bloomberg: "Two billionaires? Who's the second one?"

Maybe this will make Trump freak and show his taxes to prove he's a big boy billionaire...but not realize all the money going to russia and other corrupt things right there in black and white.

Even if he ends up being a surrogate for the Nom...I think we need him peppering away at trump's frail ego on the daily
Trump's meltdowns on twitter and live tv will be meme-tastic for decades to come

Too good not to share....
@HoodlumRIP
Tonight at the SOTU, while Trump’s waddling down the aisle, Democrats should pretend they want to shake his hand. Then hand him subpoena after subpoena.

another good one...
@daveweigel
Some context for all this: The DNC spent roughly two years hammering out new caucus/primary rules, and even new debate rules, with heavy Bernie-world input. Mission one: Create a process that Sanders voters would consider fair.

And in one night, it's all gone.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:24:00 am by Electoral Infamy ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

hutch

« Reply #1512 on: February 04, 2020, 11:46:25 am »
If anyone had a perfect night its Bloomberg

I agree with Biden: results can’t be trusted

Winners
Trump
1. Bloomberg (hey look at this shitshow but I am here all clean ready to jump in)
2.Biden (looks like he wasn’t doing well)
3. Pete (some say he was close to Bernie and he claims the win effectively)
4. Klobuchar

Losers
1. American democracy
2. Iowa
3. Bernie assuming he was going to win he got denied the winner’s speech and momentum

It does suck...think of all the time and energy volunteers put in for nothing
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:56:22 am by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #1513 on: February 04, 2020, 11:51:35 am »

« Reply #1514 on: February 04, 2020, 12:44:35 pm »

I will say...with all the clusterfuckery with this caucus...the one thing that really grinded my gears was....low turnout!
With the amount of effort, $$$ and importance of this election
Iowa is on notice, I'm not sure why or how they have power in the DNC, but they fucked up and should now lose this prividgle
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:48:58 pm by Electoral Infamy ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack