Author Topic: My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45  (Read 102613 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2016, 05:07:53 pm »
I knew my fucked up obsession with yowling Asian teenagers would pay off somehow.
well I think if you want to be cellmates with Jared from Subway who is apparently fat again this is the winner
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2016, 05:18:18 pm »
and the 7 year old, and the 11 year old.

what does a 7 & 11 year old need a smart phone for?
obviously you are kidless in 2016, I'm opposed to it, but it's the norm for most families now

Full disclosure, my 9 year old has an ipad that grandma got her for xmas that she can txt on
and it's creating a lot of tension in the household

I want Space's opinion on this... No way his child has a smart phone and I hope to god mine doesn't at age 7.

She has her own IPAD, does that count? I must say, it's been the best kid purchase ever. She's constantly doing something creative on that thing. Filmmaking is her latest interest. When she's not in the ipad, she's on her mom's extra laptop banging out scripts or song lyrics.

bob72

« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2016, 05:18:29 pm »

I knew my fucked up obsession with yowling Asian teenagers would pay off somehow.
this is totally what I'm picturing right now

PENIS

Yada

« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2016, 05:33:47 pm »

obviously you are kidless in 2016, I'm opposed to it, but it's the norm for most families now

Full disclosure, my 9 year old has an ipad that grandma got her for xmas that she can txt on

I want Space's opinion on this... No way his child has a smart phone and I hope to god mine doesn't at age 7.

She has her own IPAD, does that count? I must say, it's been the best kid purchase ever. She's constantly doing something creative on that thing. Filmmaking is her latest interest. When she's not in the ipad, she's on her mom's extra laptop banging out scripts or song lyrics.

Not really, because that doesn't mean she has it attached to her hip all day long. My assumption is a parent such as yourself has limits on the amount of time she can stare at the iPad.

Space Freely

« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2016, 05:44:05 pm »

Not really, because that doesn't mean she has it attached to her hip all day long. My assumption is a parent such as yourself has limits on the amount of time she can stare at the iPad.

It really depends on what she's doing on the ipad or laptop. We don't really have any hard limits. Sorry to disappoint.

saintangelsin

« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2016, 06:47:48 pm »
This thread is about kissing and telling about people who aren't members of this board.
wait just a god damn minute
if I'm to read between the lines...did you kiss Julian
and you are not in his cellar sending these posts?

Bahaha. I know I'm a bit late replying to this, but rest assure, no I'm not or wasn't or anything like that.

So is this place now like the player haters club from Chapelle's show or like the Goon Squad in David Bowie's "Fashion"?

definitely a bunch of playah haters.

That's what I figured! Now the real question is, how's Buck Nasty on here?

I think I met sweetcell briefly in 2006

well hello again!

2006 seems like so long ago... remind me: was i hating fat people back then?

I don't think so. I think it was you who I met. I just remember briefly meeting board folks at AFI back in November 2006 and maybe the first gig Lily Allen did in February 2007. My memory obviously stinks at the moment.

One interesting dynamic of My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45 is that technology has changed so much. Back in my prime loverman days, the ways to get in the womb were pretty much limited to bars and Dewey Beach. And for the most part, you rolled the dice any time you approached a lady because what if she's not looking to meet someone? What if she doesn't like my look? What if she's nursing a heartbreak or a pulled groin?

Tinder does away with all of these concerns. First of all, if you're on there, you're looking. Second, the way it's set up is a photo of a woman comes up and you decide whether you want to Like her (swipe right!) or say Nope (swipe left!). And then? Nothing happens! Until. That same woman, doing her own grocery shopping of men, sees your photo and decides you look good and swipes right on you. And then BOOM a match is made and a text box opens up and it's time to lay down some sexy language.

This is a revelation, I have to say. That first obstacle has already been overcome. Sure, some women might just swipe right on lots of guys, even ones they don't really intend to chat with. But shit, that's their problem! For the most part, you are thrown into a sexual arena with a woman that is A) looking for a man, and B) likes the looks of you. The hard work has literally been done for you.

First of all Relaxer, the second part of your teenage story was amazing. True or not. Secondly, thank you for explaining tinder. I've been quite anxious and on the line about the app. I would be really choosy, but I don't like that it's based on just looks. It would be great to know what the person likes and then you can decide. I mean maybe it's because I'm 30 and a music nerd, but I can't ever date someone who doesn't like at least some of the stuff that I like. Maybe once I get a good haircut, I'll join Tinder just to see if I can get a date lol.

« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2016, 12:28:07 pm »
This thread is about kissing and telling about people who aren't members of this board.
wait just a god damn minute
if I'm to read between the lines...did you kiss Julian
and you are not in his cellar sending these posts?

Bahaha. I know I'm a bit late replying to this, but rest assure, no I'm not or wasn't or anything like that.
whew...we all may have had youthful indiscretions, but that'd be a hard cross to bear
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:22:03 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2016, 01:01:23 pm »
this thread, has wows, all over it.

Relaxer

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2016, 04:14:20 pm »

First of all Relaxer, the second part of your teenage story was amazing. True or not. Secondly, thank you for explaining tinder. I've been quite anxious and on the line about the app. I would be really choosy, but I don't like that it's based on just looks. It would be great to know what the person likes and then you can decide. I mean maybe it's because I'm 30 and a music nerd, but I can't ever date someone who doesn't like at least some of the stuff that I like. Maybe once I get a good haircut, I'll join Tinder just to see if I can get a date lol.

Tinder success is based a lot on looks. However, each profile has, in theory, a 500 word description in which to list likes and dislikes and to deliver an inkling of personality. Mine, for example, marries knowing hilarity with subtle intellect plus a few such-a-good-dad anecdotes. Not everyone leverages this opportunity but I've never swiped right on a description-less profile because Jesus Christ make an effort here people.

Also, on Tinder there are hundreds and hundreds of men -- in your area! -- so the numbers are in your favor that you will match with a good guy who is interested in you. Put right at the top of your profile that you are a music geek, and I guarantee you will generate interest. And if you do match, spend a few minutes (or hours) messaging with them before even thinking about meeting in person. If the dude is some thumbdick mongoloid, you should be able to glean this fairly quickly.

Finally, don't be put off thinking that it's an app just for beautiful people. For sure there are some impossibly attractive people like myself on there, but I see all walks of life on there looking for love, and God bless us all and our sexy endeavors.
oword

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2016, 11:20:29 pm »
some thumbdick mongoloid
Truth be told, not all the tumbdick mongoloids are so bad
it is a judgmental world in person and in digital

I have got to imagine it's a whole new ball game ...dating today
I can see the positives totally outweighing the negatives
I think that women are more liberated by it. In that they might want to have a casual hook up, but don't want to just have it with any Tom, Dick or Harry (or Tom with the hairy dick)
Guys on the other hand (in a very high percentage of the time) will sleep a really wide range of women they find acceptable.

the ladies now get to be a little choosy, with out having to say NO in the face of the first 15 guys who see her at the bar

again the positives outweigh
win/win

slack

saintangelsin

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2016, 09:40:10 pm »

Tinder success is based a lot on looks. However, each profile has, in theory, a 500 word description in which to list likes and dislikes and to deliver an inkling of personality. Mine, for example, marries knowing hilarity with subtle intellect plus a few such-a-good-dad anecdotes. Not everyone leverages this opportunity but I've never swiped right on a description-less profile because Jesus Christ make an effort here people.

Also, on Tinder there are hundreds and hundreds of men -- in your area! -- so the numbers are in your favor that you will match with a good guy who is interested in you. Put right at the top of your profile that you are a music geek, and I guarantee you will generate interest. And if you do match, spend a few minutes (or hours) messaging with them before even thinking about meeting in person. If the dude is some thumbdick mongoloid, you should be able to glean this fairly quickly.

Finally, don't be put off thinking that it's an app just for beautiful people. For sure there are some impossibly attractive people like myself on there, but I see all walks of life on there looking for love, and God bless us all and our sexy endeavors.

Woah! Almost missed this solid comment! I appreciate the ideas, and the strange boost of confidence. Not sure if I'll jump at it, but maybe I will after I get my haircut and new glasses. I probably wouldn't try meeting someone in person until I have a really good game plan. Safety matters! And I sincerely hope you're right about being able to tell if some dude is a thumbdick mongoloid (great word by the way!). Okay I know I can separate out the creepers, but not sure about the bad mistakes. Oh wait, I'm 30. I'm suppose to have a ton of those, right??? And I agree on the blessing you said there ha.

Relaxer

« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2016, 03:23:03 pm »
So Walkonby is being so rude about my thread dying, plus Space asked if any of my efforts have panned out, so here's an update.

As reported previously, Tinder was a mini-disaster when my entire family was signed up along with me, so I cancelled that account. However, I took with it several matches I'd made. J is a mailwoman from Annapolis with fake boobs and lives with her parents, and normally I would've been turned off by everything except the mailwoman part but we had great witty text banter, and she was very aggressive/forward about us meeting, so what the hell. And we had a nice couple weeks of dating, but whereas it was lots of fun to be going back and forth with insults and put-downs via text, it got tiresome when our conversation consisted only of that. Plus, Annapolis. So that one faded.

This was followed by S, a Japanese anime cartoon person who defies all normal semblances to Actual Human Beings. She is like the weirdest JPOP song come to life. She dresses like Pippi Longstocking, is usually carrying one or more stuffed animals, has an amazing apartment (a block away from my office, rrrowwrrr) filled with the fucking weirdest toys you can imagine, and says things like "I will spend Sunday with a bag of apples!!!!!" and when I follow up later, she will report that it's exactly what she did. She is fucking WEIRD but I kind of love her. I can only hang out with her about once a week, and all of our liaisons have come very suddenly. Perfect example. I had a shitty date last night and right as I got home at 11:30, S texted me to come over and look at her new tuba. I get there and no shit, she has somehow acquired a tuba, though has no plans or intentions to learn how to play it. She said she just liked it. We chatted for 20 minutes about My Pretty Pony and then hit the sack.

The salacious one is something I have to be careful about because it's very sensitive. But I'm also having a clandestine affair with the married mother of one of my son's friends. This is straight up fucked up because she sneaks through the back alley and comes in the back door at midnight, even when my kids are asleep upstairs. We hook up and then she sneaks back home. I'm not entirely comfortable with this but I am a garbage person and it is just *so* convenient that I'm still figuring out how best to take an ethical stand. I'm pretty sure I will end this terrible affair very very soon, like perhaps December. 

My kids and their mom are away this week on Spring Break, so it's been an unusually active couple of days. Tonight I'm meeting a 50 year old woman who looks incredible for her age. She's also been very forward and insisted on meeting at a place close to my house, so we'll see about that. And tomorrow night is a woman I've never met but is a friend of my sister's and has apparently seen photos and such, so she emailed out of the blue on Monday and we set up cocktail hour for after work tomorrow.

Finally, there's S, a woman in my neighborhood that I've been out with four times and I really like her a lot. However, I don't think she's as into it as I am, and has been kind of distant. She always readily accepts my invites to meet for dinner, but we have dinner, I walk her home, we hug, and that's it. I get zero vibe that she's particularly interested in moving things forward. I'm also apprehensive about her because if she WAS into getting hot and heavy, I'm sure I'd fall in love with her immediately and then have a major problem on my hands because I can't be in a heavy relationship right now, it's just too soon. So I've stopped texting with S because I don't want to encourage a relationship that I'm not prepared to have and because playing hard to get might make her want me more. I know, I'm an emotional crime scene.
oword

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2016, 04:23:39 pm »
Either this is complete bullshit, or you are my new hero (or both)

killsaly

« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »
Annapolis is great.  What is your problem with Annapolis?

Also, anime chick sounds awesome...

Relaxer

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2016, 05:37:02 pm »
Because Annapolis is FAR. I'm very clear in my introductions that I want someone in the city, and then I get these damn messages from chicks in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. It's like last night. When S texts me  at 11:30 pm to come over, it's no problem because I'm on my bike in 5 minutes and at her place in 10 minutes. Annapolis? JESUS!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:54:11 pm by Relaxer »
oword