Author Topic: 2022 - dems in disarray thread  (Read 98248 times)

Re: 2022 - dems in disarray thread
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2022, 09:52:44 am »
Arlington County results. Clement loses another one even with my vote.
What a lot of wealthy arlingtonions didn’t realize is a vote for de ferrantti  was a vote for the missing middle

Clement was 100% opposed to the missing middle plan
slack

Starsky

« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2022, 09:58:09 am »
Huh? She did way better in north Arlington precisely cause people realized it…she performed worse around where you live…

She actually won some areas all in north Arlington

Maybe I am misunderstanding you

Starsky

« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2022, 10:08:24 am »
Ok I think I understand what you are saying….many probably didn’t realize it.. but obviously some did given how Clement relatively speaking performed better in North Arlington (or does she usually perform better in the north?) the whole missing middle thing was weird as it wasn’t on the ballot directly and I bet many thought it would be..

I can’t believe I voted for over half a billion in new local spending!

« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2022, 11:50:13 am »
Ok I think I understand what you are saying….many probably didn’t realize it.. but obviously some did given how Clement relatively speaking performed better in North Arlington (or does she usually perform better in the north?) the whole missing middle thing was weird as it wasn’t on the ballot directly and I bet many thought it would be..
Yes confused a lot that it was not directly on the ballot and didn't understand who supported it
Makes sence she crushed in N.Arl where all the rich/single family homes are

I think clement did very poorly in the poor side of Arlington, my hood (Lower Arlington: keeping Arlington stabby)

(poor Arlington where it's only 800-1.5mill for a SFH.  To be fair, we also have a lot of section 8 housing, don't think there is any above rt 50)
slack

Starsky

« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2022, 11:53:07 am »
I am still confused by your original post but am giving up. You seem to have directly contradicted yourself.

« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2022, 11:54:37 am »
well I was thinking with clement getting only 28% a lot of wealthy SFH residents in arliton didn't realize they should have voted for her if they were opposed to the missing middle

but maybe they only make up 30% of the arlintonion pop?

Eat the rich!  ...waitamin, most people think I'm rich, so maybe I need to rethink that
slack

Starsky

« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2022, 12:02:16 pm »
well I was thinking with clement getting only 28% a lot of wealthy SFH residents in arliton didn't realize they should have voted for her if they were opposed to the missing middle

but maybe they only make up 30% of the arlintonion pop?

Eat the rich!  ...waitamin, most people think I'm rich, so maybe I need to rethink that

I think a homeowner in the area you live near the new Amazon has seen their property appreciate more than anyone else in Arlington.

Clement is really progressive so it’s sad if relatively less wealthy people in Arlington just straight vote D.

As I said, Clement won 3 or 4 districts in north Arlington with over 50%. Her worst area was close to the pentagon with 20%. So, I take your point that maybe some people in north Arlington weren’t informed but seems like in general they were quite informed which is why she did better in north Arlington.

I now pronounce this horse dead.

« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2022, 12:11:38 pm »

I think a homeowner in the area you live near the new Amazon has seen their property appreciate more than anyone else in Arlington.
can confirm! equity has grown tremendously in 4 years

but we still are on the wrong side of rt 50

ok one more beat down on this horse

The sample ballot that Arlington Dems handed out didn't have Clement on their sample ballot...so I think that had an impact too

also De Feranti does have a liberal pedigree, but he's no bernie

Yikes just read this too
Clement, in her 11th bid for the office,
Time to throw in the towel
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 12:21:20 pm by SoldMyPoll4RnR ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2022, 01:34:39 pm »
I am still confused by your original post but am giving up. You seem to have directly contradicted yourself.

I now pronounce this horse dead.

You might say it's an excontradiction?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2022, 02:35:43 pm »
short video of right-wing pundits melting down over election results - their solution is to get those pesky independent young women married

one of my favorite talking heads attributed the lack of a red wave to the following 3 factors:

- GOP took away rights (abortion) which was unpopular across the board
- trump is a liability in the general
- young voters showed for the dems, usually they're written off as "unlikely voters" but that wasn't the case.
<sig>

« Reply #280 on: November 10, 2022, 02:48:57 pm »
- young voters showed for the dems, usually they're written off as "unlikely voters" but that wasn't the case.
I can't wait to hear the numbers on this
I was very skeptical gen z would show up. but seems like for an off year election,that had a huge impact
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #281 on: November 10, 2022, 02:55:28 pm »
Under the old NY maps, GOP would’ve won 4 seats in the state.

Cuomo’s judges overturned his attempt to gerrymander and now NY is sending 11 GOPers to the house. It’s very, very likely the GOP wins the house by less than that 7 seat delta.

Fucking Cuomo.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #282 on: November 10, 2022, 02:58:36 pm »
Yeah lots of finger pointing going on in NY amongst dems at the moment, lots of anger directed at the party chair as well
T.Rex

« Reply #283 on: November 10, 2022, 03:01:47 pm »
They elected a dem gov with a 5 point lead!
Suspect some crappy dem candidates out of touch with their constituents

Jules analysis makes me very sad
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2022, 03:07:05 pm »
Stolen from Twitter because no worth my time to retype just to word 98% the same:

On the Steven Crowder Show, Arizona Republican Kari Lake attacks Gov. Ron DeSantis, stating that he is part of a conspiracy to slow-roll her election results and that he is trying to paint Trump Republicans as unable to win elections.

Totally here for the Trump/DeSantis Civil War.

LVMH