Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 933305 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2400 on: November 14, 2016, 08:33:15 pm »
Trump also called gay marriage settled law.. said he's fine with it...I think that is a good thing..

I think Trump is going to be practical..  its just a shame that the only way he could get elected was to be such a hater prick to appeal to enough pricks....he'll have to continually throw red meat at his base though...I expect...

so many outstanding questions.. like the fact Trump kept targeting his base while Hillary spent so much time trying to target "Republicans".. how many voted for her in the end? 10? She would have been better off energizing her own base...

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2401 on: November 14, 2016, 09:03:18 pm »
Dr, laura . . . as press secretary.

Steve Bannon.  Noticing a pattern, here?

hutch

« Reply #2402 on: November 14, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »
Dr, laura . . . as press secretary.

Steve Bannon.  Noticing a pattern, here?

yes I am.. he is rewarding those that worked to get him elected.. standard operating procedure...

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2403 on: November 14, 2016, 09:20:54 pm »
You didn't get what, i, meant.

hutch

« Reply #2404 on: November 14, 2016, 09:22:46 pm »
You didn't get what, i, meant.

I think I got it.. you're saying they're right wing wackos? Well those are the people that worked to get him elected.. my point stands..

shemptiness

« Reply #2405 on: November 14, 2016, 09:25:32 pm »
A nonprofit group?s director and a mayor in a small town in West Virginia have been swept up in a firestorm surrounding comments about Michelle Obama that have been perceived as blatantly racist.

After Donald Trump?s election as president, Pamela Ramsey Taylor, who was director of Clay County Development Corp. in Clay, a tiny town outside Charleston, reportedly posted about the move from Michelle Obama to Melania Trump on Facebook, saying: ?It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House. I?m tired of seeing a Ape in heels,? according to NBC affiliate WSAZ.

The news station reported that the town?s mayor, Beverly Whaling, then replied, ?Just made my day Pam.?

However, Taylor told the news station that the public response had become a ?hate crime against me,? explaining that she and her children had received death threats. She said she is planning to file a lawsuit against people who have slandered or libeled her, according to the news station.

hutch

« Reply #2406 on: November 14, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »
A nonprofit group?s director and a mayor in a small town in West Virginia have been swept up in a firestorm surrounding comments about Michelle Obama that have been perceived as blatantly racist.

After Donald Trump?s election as president, Pamela Ramsey Taylor, who was director of Clay County Development Corp. in Clay, a tiny town outside Charleston, reportedly posted about the move from Michelle Obama to Melania Trump on Facebook, saying: ?It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House. I?m tired of seeing a Ape in heels,? according to NBC affiliate WSAZ.

The news station reported that the town?s mayor, Beverly Whaling, then replied, ?Just made my day Pam.?

I don't see any "perceived" about it..that is racist plain and simple... sad...

vansmack

« Reply #2407 on: November 15, 2016, 12:46:23 am »
People who don't understand slander and libel are my favorite people to fuck with.

Yes, sue the news company that reported exactly what you said. Oh, and good luck to you.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2408 on: November 15, 2016, 08:12:34 am »

I don't see any "perceived" about it..that is racist plain and simple... sad...

I wish this board had that like comment feature.

I hate the world today.

hutch

« Reply #2409 on: November 15, 2016, 08:18:49 am »

K8teebug

« Reply #2410 on: November 15, 2016, 08:53:04 am »
Yes, but also I think alot of people thought she had it in the bag and stayed home. And many women, especially white women, couldn't just be an adult and vote for her. They thought she was a criminal and thought Trump was the lesser of two evils,. They didn't vote for her because she believes in abortion rights. They wanted to break down the system.

These are all reasons I have heard this week why women and men I know voted for Donald Trump. To say they disappoint me is an understatement.

What we need to do know is to let people know what is happening is not normal. And we need to keep this resolve for 4 years, not just when the wounds are fresh.

Space Freely

« Reply #2411 on: November 15, 2016, 04:34:39 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/opinions/trump-supporters-why-vote/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Last week, The Post invited readers to share why they voted for Donald Trump. We?ve received more than 1200 responses. Below are some of their answers. This collection will be updated regularly with more replies.

Why I voted for Trump

Deniz Dolun

22 years old ? Boca Raton, Fla.

My entire family ? five Muslim immigrants from Turkey ? voted for Donald Trump in Florida because of the Democratic Party?s pandering to Islamism. As people who have actually experienced Islamism in its purest form, back in Turkey, we supported the candidate who promised to help us fight that issue, regardless of any of his other policies. For us, the people of the Middle East, this election was just too important to hand over to someone such as Hillary Clinton.

hutch

« Reply #2412 on: November 15, 2016, 04:52:21 pm »
^There are all kinds of people with all kinds of issues... all kinds of different experiences and reasons for voting one way or another..

I mean do you want a cookie cause a muslim voted for Trump?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2413 on: November 15, 2016, 06:13:00 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/opinions/trump-supporters-why-vote/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Last week, The Post invited readers to share why they voted for Donald Trump. We?ve received more than 1200 responses. Below are some of their answers. This collection will be updated regularly with more replies.

Why I voted for Trump

Deniz Dolun

My entire family ? five Muslim immigrants from Turkey ? voted for Donald Trump in Florida because of the Democratic Party?s pandering to Islamism. As people who have actually experienced Islamism in its purest form, back in Turkey, we supported the candidate who promised to help us fight that issue, regardless of any of his other policies. For us, the people of the Middle East, this election was just too important to hand over to someone such as Hillary Clinton.

n =1 isn't a strong argument...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #2414 on: November 15, 2016, 07:37:33 pm »

Why I voted for Trump

Deniz Dolun

n =1 isn't a strong argument...

I personally wasn't making an argument for anything, just posting something I found interesting; but if you think these five (not one) are the only Muslims who voted for Trump, you're probably wrong.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/what-muslim-americans-supporting-trump-say-about-their-candidate/