Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 935165 times)

Relaxer

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2790 on: January 31, 2017, 10:32:06 am »
And fuck them for putting her up as a candidate when they knew she was divisive (despite being the most qualified).

I don't think you can condemn the Democrats for this. Nominating a divisive candidate worked just fine for the GOP. Hillary was an acceptable candidate. She made some mistakes, sure, but in the end, what criticism can you level at her? Emails? That was a Swift Boat argument. The reason she looks like a bad candidate now is because she lost. The GOP was just better at deceiving the public and making her look untrustworthy.
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2791 on: January 31, 2017, 11:16:31 am »
The Immigration Ban is a Headfake, and We?re Falling For It

https://medium.com/@jakefuentes/the-immigration-ban-is-a-headfake-and-were-falling-for-it-b8910e78f0c5#.a61l5bzf8

I like to think the administration is just incompetent, but if it looks like a fascist duck and quacks like one...
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #2792 on: January 31, 2017, 11:41:44 am »
And fuck them for putting her up as a candidate when they knew she was divisive (despite being the most qualified).

I don't think you can condemn the Democrats for this. Nominating a divisive candidate worked just fine for the GOP. Hillary was an acceptable candidate. She made some mistakes, sure, but in the end, what criticism can you level at her? Emails? That was a Swift Boat argument. The reason she looks like a bad candidate now is because she lost. The GOP was just better at deceiving the public and making her look untrustworthy.

yeah I agree with this..

Let us remember that the one that ran the terrible campaign was Trump...the one that lost all three debates was Trump.. the one that had the horrible disorganized mess of a convention was Trump...

Unfortunately CW seems to need to resort to the "She lost so she must have been a terrible candidate" BS... She had her issues...for sure anybody in politics for decades under the spotlight will... but I think she was the most experienced best qualified candidate for president that I have seen in my lifetime... The fact that 46% of the American people voted for Trump is on them...

Space Freely

« Reply #2793 on: February 01, 2017, 01:14:18 pm »
Some food for thought...

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/02/the-simple-psychological-trick-to-political-persuasion/515181/?utm_source=atlfb

The Simple Psychological Trick to Political Persuasion

Conservatives are more likely to support issues like immigration and Obamacare if the message is ?morally reframed? to suit their values.

vansmack

« Reply #2794 on: February 01, 2017, 02:45:47 pm »
She made some mistakes, sure, but in the end, what criticism can you level at her?

She, or the people she hired to run her campaign, didn't think electorally enough. 
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2795 on: February 01, 2017, 05:51:24 pm »
so trump spoke on the first day of black history month... guess how well that went:

Donald Trump just gave a Black History Month speech about the persecution of Donald Trump
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/01/donald-trump-just-gave-a-black-history-month-speech-about-the-persecution-of-donald-trump.html

People Are Seriously Concerned About Whether President Trump Knows Who Frederick Douglass Is
https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/mr-president-who-is-frederick-douglass

in case you want to watch the shitshow: https://www.facebook.com/nbcnightlynews/videos/10155093775148689/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:02:03 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2796 on: February 01, 2017, 06:13:44 pm »
She made some mistakes, sure, but in the end, what criticism can you level at her?

She, or the people she hired to run her campaign, didn't think electorally enough. 

Probably true...

I think Comey did her in... one has to think if he only affected 1 out of 100 voters in PA/MI/WI to vote for Trump or withhold their vote for Hillary or not bother to show up to vote for Hillary or whatever.. well that was more than the margin of difference...

Do I think Comey affected 1 out of 100 voters in those states.. you bet..

However, it is true that it need not have come down to that...

Free trade is a complex issue...it is hard to know exactly how to have handled it better.... certainly she made some missteps but compared to Trump...

My personal belief is that her campaign had tons and tons of polling from PA and some from MI which showed them to be comfortably in the lead.. and they were trying to expand the map instead of consolidate those states...in the last few days things shifted.. Comey was a big part of it...suddenly you found Hillary and Obama in Michigan.. and Hillary closed in Pennsylvania.. they knew they had a problem but by then it was too late...

Space Freely

« Reply #2797 on: February 01, 2017, 07:36:15 pm »
Comey did her in? Wait, I thought it was me and Sam Harris.  ;D

hutch

« Reply #2798 on: February 01, 2017, 07:49:08 pm »
Comey did her in? Wait, I thought it was me and Sam Harris.  ;D

No, what you do is set it up for Trump to do the things he does by stating Islam and muslims are the problem... when a terrorist attack happens and you start joking about "How much do you want to bet his name is Muhammad?" even before the person has been identified you lend your voice to that group that thinks the problem are muslims....as opposed to "us" it is "them".. when you do that yes you better believe you are making it possible for Trump to discriminate against "them" for "us"...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2799 on: February 01, 2017, 08:21:52 pm »
Best thing on twitter at the moment

https://twitter.com/TrumpDraws
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #2800 on: February 02, 2017, 11:00:32 am »
I'm not sure which is funnier...

The story of Trump's call with the Australian president, or this?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-attend-national-prayer-breakfast/story?id=45203891

Relaxer

« Reply #2801 on: February 02, 2017, 11:10:59 am »
oword

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2802 on: February 02, 2017, 01:45:49 pm »
I am not understanding the meme movement anymore.  like when you said, in that other thread, i'm bored of this conversation.  that, is how I feel about memes, now.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2803 on: February 02, 2017, 02:25:53 pm »
How can you be over memes

I just think memes are current day parodies....
‼‼?‼‼

Relaxer

« Reply #2804 on: February 02, 2017, 02:51:27 pm »
Most memes are dumb and worthless, but dickbutt will endure forever
oword