Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179969 times)

Yada

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1575 on: June 12, 2013, 04:25:32 pm »
And I'd be the creepy old guy at...well just about any show I go to. But at least I'm not a 50 year old guy with long hair.

Well I have long hair.  And I am tall and would never wear glasses like that.  I don't get it

You'd be the old creepy dude at a Monsters and Men show.

I tend to think you don't go to shows where the average age is 15, but I could be wrong.

hutch

« Reply #1576 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:04 pm »
long hair rulz... unfortunately balding men (must be like a majority or close) and those who have to get haircuts on their way to sell out city as they desperately seek to blend in have to put down what they can't have..

hutch

« Reply #1577 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »
i am feeling real cranky so i'm outta here.

;D

atomicfront

« Reply #1578 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:50 pm »
And I'd be the creepy old guy at...well just about any show I go to. But at least I'm not a 50 year old guy with long hair.

Well I have long hair.  And I am tall and would never wear glasses like that.  I don't get it

I tend to think you don't go to shows where the average age is 15, but I could be wrong.

Why would you care if you like the music.     I haven't been to shows were the average age is that young in a long time.  Well maybe last years virgin fest was pretty young but you were probably at that show as well.  

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1579 on: June 12, 2013, 04:31:56 pm »
im slowing down my shows toward fourty.  when you see so many shows since high school . . . the appeal loses its head, and you are left with the same ole flat warm beer out of a damn plastic cup.  i hold my pee, because i fucking hate the bathrooms there, the merch is out of fucking control in price, people are rude and shitty at shows unless you are seeing some boring mainstream act where people do actually feel lucky to be there, sound and sightlines suck unless you pay to be up front, and good luck getting those tickets.  getting there, getting home, spending all that money.  i enjoy my couch streaming shows now with all the bathroom breaks i want and kitchen stops and beer stops and everything else that comes from pausing live stream.

Yada

« Reply #1580 on: June 12, 2013, 04:38:24 pm »

Why would you care if you like the music.     I haven't been to shows were the average age is that young in a long time.  Well maybe last years virgin fest was pretty young but you were probably at that show as well.  

I've actually only been to one Virgin Fest.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1581 on: June 12, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »
i think most people will sigh relief . . . but i have a funny feeling that the board has seen the last of ratbastard. even i dont hear from him through the email world, and his health problems are insane.  i think of him often, and never judge people anymore by their beliefs.  even anybody who hates gay people.  you live a better life without hate, and even i told rb that he needed to chill out in life and let go of the negative and all the political stuff.  it will only wind up killing you with stress.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1582 on: June 12, 2013, 04:44:47 pm »
It might even cause vocal paralysis...

atomicfront

« Reply #1583 on: June 12, 2013, 04:45:30 pm »
I also have a subscription to the symphony where my wife and I are the youngest by decades.  But whatever I don't get the age thing.  I have a lot of friends in their 20's.  I was a groomsman last year for a friend who was 26.  I have a wife who is much younger than me.  Seems like you guys have issues with yourselves and want to put it on me.  Having kids makes you feel old.  That happens whether you are 23 or 45.  

atomicfront

« Reply #1584 on: June 12, 2013, 04:46:50 pm »
i think most people will sigh relief . . . but i have a funny feeling that the board has seen the last of ratbastard. even i dont hear from him through the email world, and his health problems are insane.  i think of him often, and never judge people anymore by their beliefs.  even anybody who hates gay people.  you live a better life without hate, and even i told rb that he needed to chill out in life and let go of the negative and all the political stuff.  it will only wind up killing you with stress.

Yeah he got so upset about politics.  Especially public health care which I found ironic.  I don't wish him harm but if something gets you that upset perhaps you shouldn't talk about it.

atomicfront

« Reply #1585 on: June 12, 2013, 04:50:35 pm »
I think James Ford is similar to Ratbastard always telling people their musical taste is wrong, their beer taste is wrong, their hair style is wrong.  Why should he give a shit how I keep my hair.  When it starts to grow gray I will cut it. 

Yada

« Reply #1586 on: June 12, 2013, 04:51:13 pm »
im slowing down my shows toward fourty.  when you see so many shows since high school . . . the appeal loses its head, and you are left with the same ole flat warm beer out of a damn plastic cup.  i hold my pee, because i fucking hate the bathrooms there, the merch is out of fucking control in price, people are rude and shitty at shows unless you are seeing some boring mainstream act where people do actually feel lucky to be there, sound and sightlines suck unless you pay to be up front, and good luck getting those tickets.  getting there, getting home, spending all that money.  i enjoy my couch streaming shows now with all the bathroom breaks i want and kitchen stops and beer stops and everything else that comes from pausing live stream.

Moving out of the city killed my show going, now I'm just too lazy to go out on a work night unless it's an epcot show. I also don't like to DUI.  :o

Yada

« Reply #1587 on: June 12, 2013, 04:59:46 pm »

Meaning he passed or meaning he's too sick to post?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1588 on: June 12, 2013, 05:09:10 pm »
meaning . . . i dont know.  maybe hes fine.  but for some reason, i just felt like posting all of that.  plus i got sick of listening to the cackling hens.

Yada

« Reply #1589 on: June 12, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »
meaning . . . i dont know.  maybe hes fine.  but for some reason, i just felt like posting all of that.  plus i got sick of listening to the cackling hens.

**knux**