Author Topic: Forum Gathering  (Read 26047 times)

Jaguär

Re: Forum Gathering
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2003, 11:29:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B>happy birthday jag.......<BR>i'll buy you a stella........</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Thanks!  <P>Wherever we meet, I'm begging it's someplace with potentially available parking. The Black Cat or U St. is fine with me. Oh, and preferrably someplace not to pricey. I'm freaking broke.  <P>

jadetree

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2003, 11:29:00 pm »
d - velvet lounge<P>or wherever<P>oh and Happy Birthday Jag<p>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 02-04-2003).]

Skaboss

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2003, 09:27:00 am »
Only problem here, <BR>Kingpin doesn't usually open until 10 or 11 or ???, I think Velvet lounge is a little earlier on the weekends, so that might be okay as well. Don't discount the Saloon, with a good selection of Belgum beers and a neighborhood feel. Do all y'all live near the U street corridor?<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B>markie's turning 30 this week and has requested it to be spent this sat with those of us on the forum.  so the forum gathering taking place this saturday (2/8) will hence forth be known as "If the pints are united".  and since no one else is taking the lead on making a decision.  i propose the following.<P>activity one - markie gets homesick (optional)  head to the royal mile in wheaton for fish and chips washed down by a pint or two.  (or single malt if that your pleasure)  6:30ish to 8:30ish.<P>activity two -  the u street experience (mandatory) and this one will be voted on and  soon or i will be forced to become the forum despote and choose for ya...<P>vote a for starting the experience at kingpin<P>vote b for starting at the black cat for mousetrap<P>vote c for starting at  polly's<P>this activity starts at 9:00pm and goes until the bars close    the u street experience can include any of the above during the course of the evening, we just need an agreed upon starting point.   only mention worthy u street alternative at this point please.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2003, 05:16:00 pm »
thanks for the feedback Skaboss....  where exactly is The Saloon on U street, it could be a good alternate starting point to the Velvet Lounge which opens at 8pm.   It looks Saturdays lineup is a bit on the garagey side, which of course could be a good thing.
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2003, 12:16:00 am »
saloon is right next to ben's.

lily1

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2003, 12:19:00 am »
there's cafe nema as an option too. right on u, other end, 13/14th st.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2003, 08:53:00 am »
Hey, Markie. I'm sorry I can't make your b-day celebration. I have to work at a shoot this weekend, and next weekend I am out of town. But I will buy you (and Jag!) a couple of beers next time I see you.

Fico

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2003, 01:50:00 pm »
So are we gathering???

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2003, 03:04:00 pm »
well the "masses" have spoken...  <P>Forum Gathering aka Markie's birthday do<BR>Tomorrow (Saturday) Feb 9th<P>9pm<BR>The Velvet Lounge<BR>915 U Street<BR>just around the corner from the 9:30 club<BR>a half block away from the  Vermont  exit of the U Street Metro stop.<P>We meet and greet at the Velvet Lounge and may decide to head upstairs for the bands. <P>I will try to be there a little before 9pm and will not be wearing a emo scarf.  look for the geek wearing his mini speedometer t-shirt.<P>any  really last minute questions can be sent via email to my mobile... djwren@sprintpcs.com<P>
T.Rex

Henry Dark

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2003, 03:19:00 pm »
I don't think anybody spoke, did they? I imagine Markie will be back from NYC today and could give some input.<P>Velvet is just too smoky for our lungs, so we'll hold out till the next gathering!

Guiny

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »
Yes but will Skaboss be wearing?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2003, 04:01:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>I don't think anybody spoke, did they? I imagine Markie will be back from NYC today and could give some input.<P>Velvet is just too smoky for our lungs, so we'll hold out till the next gathering!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well the only one that really spoke was poorlulu and her vote was for the velvet lounge.<P>and i just wanted a decision to made so i made it based on her call.<P>personally i'm incline to say The Saloon, based on Skaboss's recommendation.  If enough people chime in  SOON, we'll do it there.
T.Rex

Henry Dark

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2003, 04:06:00 pm »
Oh sorry, didn't notice Lulu had chimed in...well she should have more say than me, given her relationship to Markie.<P>I'm not sure if we'll be able to go, anyway. If NASCAR doesn't get rained out, that may keep us in long enough such that we probably won't want to leave the house at 10.<P>Thus, my vote doesn't count.

markie

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2003, 01:41:00 pm »
hello, hello,<P>its good to be back, good to be back<P>hello, hello<P><BR>So... Lulu and I are going to pollys at 7.20 or so and then heading on down to velvet lounge for around 8.30.<P>I am looking forward to seeing some of you lot then. In case you have not met us before I will be in a black roll neck, Lulu has silver oakley glasses.....

thirsty moore

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2003, 02:56:00 pm »
Excellent.  The Nighties are at the Velvet Lounge tonight.