Author Topic: thank you jesus, i mean trent  (Read 3171 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: thank you jesus, i mean trent
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
last time i saw NIN they got smoked off the stage by Bowie... there was so much swearing that i was beginning to wonder if it was a rap concert.
T.Rex

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 11:13:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 there was so much swearing that i was beginning to wonder if it was a rap concert.
What vile stereotypes against rap!

distance

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 11:46:00 am »
  last time i saw NIN they got smoked off the stage by Bowie... there was so much swearing that i was beginning to wonder if it was a rap concert.
at the nissan pavillion?  i was there.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 12:22:00 pm »
Fuck you you fucking fuck!  ;)

You're just showing your age old man! haha

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Mindcage, that is awesome!  I hope his arms looked as good up close as they did from 50 feet away....
His bodyguard's were bigger  ;)

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 12:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by distance:

at the nissan pavillion?  i was there. [/b]
nope it was panic in auburn hills
T.Rex

Sage 703

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
I thought it was a good show.

QOTSA are suffering from the loss of Nick.  I really miss his element, but I still think they're technically brilliant.  And I agree with what was said before - the mix of music, between blues and rock and some rockabilly...it has this really creepy cabaret goth vamp vibe to it that is much darker than people give it credit for.

DFA1979 bores the shit out of me.  The guy can sing, but I don't understand why people are so excited about them.

And NIN.  All in all, I thought they were great.  But I don't know that I'd go to see them again.  The visuals were very impressive, the band was tight, and the energy was certainly there.  The video projection was cool.  But I don't know - something about it just didn't blow me away.  I've been a fan of the band for years and years now, and hadn't seen them live before.  

Maybe something about it seems a bit contrived at this point - Reznor is 40 and sober.  I think I had a hard time buying into the angst from songs he wrote 15 years ago.

I thought the new stuff, however, was some of the best of the show, despite being from a weaker album.  It seemed a lot more vital.

bearman🐻

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
Callat703, good call on the missing Nick. My favorite time I've seen QOTSA is in San Francisco in 2003...they were like a machine of destruction and Nick adds that chaotic element. Plus, think about how many classic songs he sings: "Quick and to the Pointless", "Tensionhead", "Ode to Clarissa", etc. He adds that punk rock element that makes them more dangerous. Though they're still an awesome band, Nick was the rocket fuel in their sound and I just don't think you could top that.