Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1315747 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1455 on: June 29, 2015, 10:51:07 am »
i used parking panda and paid $12 for parking near echo stage.....interestingly, that specific parking option didn't show up if i selected what event i was attending on parking panda...if i said i just wanted parking without selecting an event, the $12 parking lot showed up.  it was on NY ave, just pass the mcdonalds

slappy

« Reply #1456 on: June 29, 2015, 10:53:15 am »
Madams Organ owner Bill Duggan admits the drummer did crack open the window slightly. Why?
?He opened the window to let [a] fart out,? says Duggan. ?He cracked it open for five minutes, then the inspector showed up.?

http://www.borderstan.com/2015/06/18/madams-organ-fined-500-for-open-windows/

azaghal1981

« Reply #1457 on: June 29, 2015, 11:07:57 pm »
Caught the Torres Tiny Desk earlier today. Not too familiar with her material but it was really enjoyable. And yeah, great voice and her back-up singer harmonizes well.

Drone folk is an interesting description. When I hear "drone folk," I think of stuff like this or this.
احمد

gavroche

« Reply #1458 on: June 30, 2015, 06:35:40 am »
I'm excited to hear that there will be a Torres Tiny Desk Show and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Classification is hard and when I used drone folk I was throwing together two descriptors rather than a real genre.  I think of EMA/Gowns and stuff like that similarly. 

Caught the Torres Tiny Desk earlier today. Not too familiar with her material but it was really enjoyable. And yeah, great voice and her back-up singer harmonizes well.

Drone folk is an interesting description. When I hear "drone folk," I think of stuff like this or this.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:37:56 am by gavroche »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1459 on: June 30, 2015, 09:13:57 am »
Torres is indie rock.

(_|_)

gavroche

« Reply #1460 on: June 30, 2015, 11:54:55 am »
Torres is indie rock.

Sure, but everything is indie rock.  Death Cab, Neutral Milk Hotel, to Beach House.  Really all that indie rock means is that pitchfork is interested. It doesn't really describe anything.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1461 on: June 30, 2015, 12:16:52 pm »
agreed, so we add the subgenre. Beach House is dream pop. Death Cab indie pop. Not so sure about Torres yet,  haven't heard much but I don't hear any folk.
(_|_)

walk,on,by

« Reply #1462 on: June 30, 2015, 01:47:36 pm »
dream, pop . . . that's a good one, as in, they are dreaming they still have a career?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1463 on: June 30, 2015, 02:26:44 pm »
dream, pop . . . that's a good one, as in, they are dreaming they still have a career?
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #1464 on: June 30, 2015, 04:45:56 pm »

gif review: that's a good one

walk,on,by

« Reply #1465 on: June 30, 2015, 11:56:43 pm »
it was not meant to be funny.  their last album was, not as good as their album before, their last one, and now they have waited too long to release another album, and people, move on so quickly, looking for that next, cool idea to cling to.  such a concept, ruined, faith no more, and it will ruin, vampire weekend.

killsaly

« Reply #1466 on: July 01, 2015, 12:37:43 am »
Faith No More are far from ruined. 

dyecraig

« Reply #1467 on: July 03, 2015, 03:36:30 pm »
neighbor into 80's metal asked if I wanted to go to def leppard/styx/tesla at the lube last night.
no plans, so why not?
parked his SUV on the side of wellington rd.
no tickets, but this guy is amazing talking to folks going in - $125 pit for $5.
folks love them some tesla.
ran into a colleague with an extra VIP ticket so enjoyed styx in a box and took full advantage of the 'benefits'.
back in the pit for the remainder.
out of there as soon as we started the engine and home by 11:15.
not really my thing, but all bands rocked hard, were super-tight and put on a show.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1468 on: July 03, 2015, 03:39:40 pm »
I actually also saw Tesla once around a decade ago and it was a surprisingly fun show for only knowing two songs going in.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1469 on: July 05, 2015, 11:12:40 pm »
sooooooooooo... who saw the foos/buddy/gary/heart/joan/shorty/etc.?
<sig>