Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1315743 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4335 on: February 14, 2022, 04:13:32 pm »
I think the setlist is accurate, plus they did 10,000 Miles at the end of Anais' set.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bonny-light-horseman/2022/strathmore-performing-arts-center-north-bethesda-md-1b8809c8.html
(_|_)

Space Freely

« Reply #4336 on: February 14, 2022, 04:21:59 pm »
Bonny Light Horseman, 2.11.21, The Strathmore

Half empty venue, I always forget what a gorgeous place that is… but damn, what a dead environment of blue hairs shuffling people around combo’d with not serving drinks due to #Covid.

I don’t recall when this originally went onsale that it was a bill doubled as Anais Mitchell with Bonny Light Horseman. I’m pretty sure that changed at some point, but I could be wrong. The BLH set was beautiful and I could listen to them play music all night. I can’t say for sure, but I’d say they played most of their material.

A quick set break to well… Do nothing and then Anais played a set. While very talented, not my bag at all… Kind of reminded me of a angsty 90’s rock singer song writer combined with maybe Ani DiFranco. She also has a strange tick where she flails here arm in the air every other stanza. All in all, the tri of musicians that make up BLH are incredible, however, don’t think I’ll ever go see them again.

The singer for BLH was also doing the arm flail thing. It was funnier when they were doing together. I preferred BLH's set as well, but not to the extent of whooping like some in the crowd.

I thought Anaiis was the singer of BLH?

hemisphire

« Reply #4337 on: February 15, 2022, 03:34:13 pm »

Half empty venue, I always forget what a gorgeous place that is… but damn, what a dead environment of blue hairs shuffling people around combo’d with not serving drinks due to #Covid.

I don’t recall when this originally went onsale that it was a bill doubled as Anais Mitchell with Bonny Light Horseman. I’m pretty sure that changed at some point, but I could be wrong. The BLH set was beautiful and I could listen to them play music all night. I can’t say for sure, but I’d say they played most of their material.

A quick set break to well… Do nothing and then Anais played a set. While very talented, not my bag at all… Kind of reminded me of a angsty 90’s rock singer song writer combined with maybe Ani DiFranco. She also has a strange tick where she flails here arm in the air every other stanza. All in all, the tri of musicians that make up BLH are incredible, however, don’t think I’ll ever go see them again.

The singer for BLH was also doing the arm flail thing. It was funnier when they were doing together. I preferred BLH's set as well, but not to the extent of whooping like some in the crowd.

Other singer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_D._Johnson

Yada

« Reply #4338 on: February 15, 2022, 03:40:27 pm »

Other singer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_D._Johnson

Space knows exactly who Fruit Bats is, that's him playing dumb.

Yada

« Reply #4339 on: February 22, 2022, 02:56:50 pm »
Neal Francis, 2/19, Union Stage

A busy evening on the Wharf with Action Bronson playing just down the boardwalk.

A half full venue and some of the whitest boy funk you can imagine, but a damn good time and a non stop dance party. Neal plays the part of a sexy possible combo of maybe Mick Jagger and someone from the Strokes. A great frontman... super catchy songs, somewhat schticky, tickets were free, Other Half pils on tap.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4340 on: February 24, 2022, 12:03:05 am »

anyone witness this?

Tool Stop Performance After Fan Collapses at Show
https://loudwire.com/tool-stop-performance-after-fan-collapses-show
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4341 on: February 24, 2022, 09:26:41 am »
anyone witness this?
You think people on here are going to admit to seeing Tool?
LVMH

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4342 on: February 24, 2022, 10:56:34 am »
Feeling better.  thanks for everyone's concern.

anyone witness this?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4343 on: February 24, 2022, 03:47:39 pm »
anyone witness this?

people admit to liking taylor swift here, so all things are possible.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4344 on: March 09, 2022, 02:27:48 pm »
Julian, how was AC?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4345 on: March 11, 2022, 11:33:10 am »
Julian, how was AC?
Sorry, missed this somehow. I thought it was great. Probably the second best show I've seen by them. They played like 3 off of Strawberry Jam which was a nice surprise. If the 930 show hasn't happened yet, you will not be disappointed.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4346 on: March 11, 2022, 11:33:40 am »
Julian, how was AC?
Sorry, missed this somehow. I thought it was great. Probably the second best show I've seen by them. They played like 3 off of Strawberry Jam which was a nice surprise. If the 930 show hasn't happened yet, you will not be disappointed.

Sweet!!!! Sunday.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4347 on: March 14, 2022, 11:01:42 am »
Enjoyed my first show in two years with The Lathams who delivered a great set of tunes.  I was eager to see them live as this could be their one shot of a US tour, but who knows in the age of streaming, social media and having the right management, bookers, etc.  they could easily land as an opener or on future festivals.  just odd they don't appear to have a US label behind them and all the physical releases for them are appear to be imports...

Red Rum Club must have at one point been their opener on all the dates, because as even as of yesterday Songbyrd had them still listed as the opener. But they dropped off a couple dates to head to SXSW early.  So at the last minute Songbyrd added one of the club's staff as the opener, who did a solo 30 minute set I'll just call "interesting" and leave it that.

First time at Songbyrd show, the new location is very easy to get to for me by car and it's a nice space to see a show.  Not sure I would want to attend a sold out show there, as the masks wearing definitely decreased as the evening when on..
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #4348 on: March 14, 2022, 11:04:53 am »
Enjoyed my first show in two years with The Lathams who delivered a great set of tunes.  I was eager to see them live as this could be their one shot of a US tour, but who knows in the age of streaming, social media and having the right management, bookers, etc.  they could easily land as an opener or on future festivals.  just odd they don't appear to have a US label behind them and all the physical releases for them are appear to be imports...

Red Rum Club must have at one point been their opener on all the dates, because as even as of yesterday Songbyrd had them still listed as the opener. But they dropped off a couple dates to head to SXSW early.  So at the last minute Songbyrd added one of the club's staff as the opener, who did a solo 30 minute set I'll just call "interesting" and leave it that.

First time at Songbyrd show, the new location is very easy to get to for me by car and it's a nice space to see a show.  Not sure I would want to attend a sold out show there, as the masks wearing definitely decreased as the evening when on..

Kosmo. No one wears masks anynmore, anywhere. I think 10 people had them on in the club last night.

Animal Collective was awesome by the way.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4349 on: March 14, 2022, 11:09:11 am »
Oops posted in wrong thread:

Great Animal Collective show even though I only recognized one song  ::)

I believe several songs are new and unrecorded...
(_|_)