Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 401221 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3465 on: September 27, 2021, 02:49:56 pm »
got an email from my employer this morning: show proof of vax by 11/11 or prepare to be fired.  the missus is also under a corporate mandate to get the shot.  obviously not a problem for either of us since we got moderna'ed as soon as we became eligible. 

anyone else being asked/forced to vax by their employer?  federal workers: we know ;D

Asked, not forced... but not welcome in the office if we're not vaxxed (not that anyone is going anway).

might that not backfire on your employer?  if you want to continue working from home when bossman says everyone needs to come in, just claim you're un-vaxxed - no more office for you!
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #3466 on: September 27, 2021, 03:14:00 pm »
got an email from my employer this morning: show proof of vax by 11/11 or prepare to be fired.  the missus is also under a corporate mandate to get the shot.  obviously not a problem for either of us since we got moderna'ed as soon as we became eligible. 

anyone else being asked/forced to vax by their employer?  federal workers: we know ;D

Asked, not forced... but not welcome in the office if we're not vaxxed (not that anyone is going anway).

might that not backfire on your employer?  if you want to continue working from home when bossman says everyone needs to come in, just claim you're un-vaxxed - no more office for you!

I'm not in that position, but then you'd be forever known as the asshole anti-vaxxer. At least around here.

Yada

« Reply #3467 on: September 27, 2021, 03:30:23 pm »

I don't think we'll ever be back fully to the office... and if/when that does happen, maybe asking will turn to forced and if not, see ya later!

« Reply #3468 on: September 27, 2021, 03:34:02 pm »
Offices are so last decade
I would not want to be anywhere in the commercial real estate food chain right now
slack

lily1

« Reply #3469 on: September 27, 2021, 03:48:31 pm »
Private sector here (non ngo, non contractor; non healthcare, non education for reference) and we had to send a pic of our vaccine cards last month. If you were not willing to do that then you need to send a pic of a negative covid test every Monday morning.

My CEO is hell bent on people in the office and we went back in July but the blow back was swift so they've dialed it back to 3 days a week of your choice rather than a rigid 4 day a week in office schedule they had wanted once vaccines were widely available. Frankly there is absolutely no need for us to be in the office but CEO is convinced as well as other C level that the "culture" is eroding.

I don't mind being in the office, but don't dictate that shit to me.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:29:13 pm by lily1 »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3470 on: September 27, 2021, 04:16:40 pm »
Health-care. Avoiding rolling out a hard mandate as long as possible but DC and Delaware are coming imminently. I do not think people talk nearly enough about non-skilled caregivers (personal care aides) and the appalling vaccination rate they have. We've held multiple clinics and literally are handing out $100 cash bonuses on the spot for people who get vaxxed and cannot get that portion of our labor pool above 45% vaxxed. It's wild as hell and the number of people who are going to go without care because of the mandates -- which I fully support for the record -- is going to be insane nationwide. Good luck having Medicaid and getting respite care in the next twelve months.
LVMH

« Reply #3471 on: September 27, 2021, 04:28:19 pm »
We've held multiple clinics and literally are handing out $100 cash bonuses on the spot for people who get vaxxed and cannot get that portion of our labor pool above 45% vaxxed.
have they tried free beer and $100?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3472 on: September 27, 2021, 04:32:29 pm »
We've held multiple clinics and literally are handing out $100 cash bonuses on the spot for people who get vaxxed and cannot get that portion of our labor pool above 45% vaxxed.
have they tried free beer and $100?
Well we feel a little weird handing out the beer here at, you know, a medical facility so no. But I assure you, we've tried everything possible. We did surveys of the unvaxed -- would you get vaxed for $250 a shot? Nope. Huge hesitancy in the non-college educated African-American community (which is 85% of the personal care aides/certified nursing assistants in the country).
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #3473 on: September 27, 2021, 04:46:48 pm »
anyone else being asked/forced to vax by their employer?   

Public university about 8 weeks ago, with hard deadline that was last week.  We allow for exemptions - medical (documented from a licensed physician) or religious (sign a waiver).  Managers are 100% in compliance (they would lose their job if not) and our represented folks negotiated a 45 day extension to October 30, but are still about 72% vaxxed (progressive discipline would start on Oct 30, so that's a long way to termination).  Like Jules, some of our lesser compensated folks have the lowest percentage of vaccine rates, despite whatever carrots we offer them.  Our students are nearly 90% vaxxed with threat of sanctions.

Our testing rates for those that aren't vaxxed or have sought exemptions are terrible though.

I've been in the office since June 5, 2020.  But most staff weren't fully back until this past summer (2021).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 04:48:25 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3474 on: September 27, 2021, 04:49:21 pm »

Prior to March 2020, how many days a week were you expected to be in the office?
27>34

Yada

« Reply #3475 on: September 27, 2021, 04:50:19 pm »
My partner in life recently had a dr's appointment for a very specific issue and the entire appointment, the dr. who is highly recommended and one of the best in the business around their specialty complained to my partner (the patient) the entire appoinment that she was mandated to get the vaccine if she wanted to continue performing surgeries. She stated multiple times in the appointment that she felt the vaccine isn't necessary... I couldn't believe it.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3476 on: September 27, 2021, 04:56:07 pm »
I still haven't seen a list of approved religions that would qualify somebody for an exemption. Are a ton of people going to be converting to christian scientist?

vansmack

« Reply #3477 on: September 27, 2021, 05:03:52 pm »
I still haven't seen a list of approved religions that would qualify somebody for an exemption. Are a ton of people going to be converting to christian scientist?

You won't get one.   Current case law states if employees’ beliefs are “sincerely held,” then employers must reasonably accommodate them.   This can be done by allowing them to work from home or agreeing to a testing regimen.
27>34

« Reply #3478 on: September 27, 2021, 06:08:20 pm »

You won't get one.   Current case law states if employees’ beliefs are “sincerely held,” then employers must reasonably accommodate them.   This can be done by allowing them to work from home or agreeing to a testing regimen.
I think Pastafarian will qualify, not known if you have to wear the strainer to prove authenticity, I think FSM decal on back of car will suffice
slack

lily1

« Reply #3479 on: September 27, 2021, 06:28:12 pm »

Prior to March 2020, how many days a week were you expected to be in the office?

5 days a week with work from home days rarely granted. Remote work was severely curtailed and repeatedly denied. In the last 18 months a good 20% of the workforce here hightailed it to other locations in the US and they've had to find some sort of compromise on remote work.

(This is what I've been told by management and colleagues; I've only been with the organization for less than 6 months.)