Author Topic: post-2022 - deplorables in disarray thread  (Read 119986 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: post-2022 - deplorables in disarray thread
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2023, 02:54:25 pm »
Rudy Giuliani files for bankruptcy days after being ordered to pay $148 million in defamation case

But declaring bankruptcy likely will not erase the $148 million in damages a jury awarded to the former Georgia election workers, Ruby Freeman and Wandrea’ “Shaye” Moss. Bankruptcy law does not allow for the dissolution of debts that come from a “willful and malicious injury” inflicted on someone else.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 02:56:33 pm by Justin Tonation »
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #406 on: December 28, 2023, 01:09:07 am »
there are a lot of things that you can call lauren bobert, and now there's one more: carpetbagger.

wait, i thought "cut and run" was a mortal sin for the GOP?  oh, wait, that was the old GOP...
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #407 on: January 04, 2024, 11:19:55 am »
already alluded to in the band name thread but...

Neil G. gets caught doing that pesky plagiarism thing so surely conservative are going to be up in arms about this... oh wait i'm being told it was done in non-academic setting so it doesn't matter and Politico are bunch of pinko communists 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 11:23:32 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #408 on: January 04, 2024, 12:16:29 pm »
I also see the blue ticks are also skilled citations experts
T.Rex

« Reply #409 on: January 04, 2024, 01:51:56 pm »
amazed how deftly these keyboard warriors become experts in such a wide range of topics
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #410 on: January 04, 2024, 02:54:51 pm »
amazed how deftly these keyboard warriors become experts in such a wide range of topics

it's a natural progression: constitutional law authority --> infectious disease genius --> macroeconomics & inflation management oracle--> russia & foreign policy wizard--> border security professional --> middle east ubermensch --> bibliographical guru.  if you didn't see that coming, you need to get out of the game.
<sig>

« Reply #411 on: January 04, 2024, 04:05:51 pm »
Neil G. gets caught doing that pesky plagiarism thing so surely conservative are going to be up in arms about this... oh wait i'm being told it was done in non-academic setting so it doesn't matter and Politico are bunch of pinko communists

he who casts the first stone
https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-ackman-wife-neri-oxman-mit-dissertation-plagiarism-2024-1
slack

Hutch

« Reply #412 on: January 04, 2024, 04:13:03 pm »
Are you guys seriously arguing that it’s ok for the President of a major university to be a plagiarist?

Just because you think someone is on “your team” or “against the bad guys” doesn’t make it ok.

nkotb

« Reply #413 on: January 04, 2024, 04:28:38 pm »
I think it's cool.  Everyone's already written everything anyway...save yourself some time imo

Are you guys seriously arguing that it’s ok for the President of a major university to be a plagiarist?

Just because you think someone is on “your team” or “against the bad guys” doesn’t make it ok.

« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2024, 04:33:13 pm »

I'm not saying that...but those who came for Gay were also complicit is what I'm saying
slack

Hutch

« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2024, 05:05:08 pm »
Complicit in her plagiarizing?

« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2024, 05:12:50 pm »
Complicit in her plagiarizing?
no the wife of the person who 'scooped' this is also guilty of the same crime (but you don't see conservatives asking for her to be tarred and feathered)

maybe complicit was the wrong word, I'm known to pick a word that sounds 'right' than one that is actually appropriate

Please reference Sweets comment on my analysis of twitter ;)
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2024, 05:25:16 pm »
I thought the issue with Gay’s thesis that got all the conservatives panties in a bunch, was that the citation's were sloppy and it wasn’t necessarily plagiarism. 

But, I’ll let my research assistant Sweetcell weigh in on that
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2024, 06:54:29 pm »
I think it's cool.  Everyone's already written everything anyway...save yourself some time imo

True. Just like there are really only 8 different notes. 12 if you count the minors.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #419 on: January 04, 2024, 09:12:26 pm »

True. Just like there are really only 8 different notes. 12 if you count the minors.

7 different notes.  12 if you count the half-steps (sharps/flats).
<sig>