Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1315675 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4140 on: October 04, 2021, 12:04:53 pm »
not trolling.  Just made a statement based on your post.  Part of your report just came off a little "old man" creepy to me, just my opinion.

funny, for me it came across as Space still being drunk.  some pretty weird of not downright bad sentence construction in there.

Which sentence do you object to? I admit I typed it on my phone, and I find typing on my phone very frustrating. Hence, I try to cram in as much as I can in as short a paragraph as possible. I think maybe the phone autocorrected "to see a show" to "thanks see a show." Not sure why, my phone does weird shit like that sometimes.

Oddly, this is the opposite of my wife, who can literally text me five pargraphs with multiple pictures when I leave a mess somewhere in the house.

Man My Morning Jacket, Durand Jones, and Dr Dog was a great 1, 2, 3 punch for me. But Heartless Bastards took it to another level last night. Gotta Have Rock and Roll. Being five feet away from Erika didn't hurt. Union Stage my new favorite venue. Like Black Cat without all the issues. Always great thanks see a show with Vas, and to run into old friends from recent and ancient past.

Note: "Gotta Have Rock and Roll" is the name of a Heartless Bastards song.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4141 on: October 04, 2021, 12:49:55 pm »
not trolling.  Just made a statement based on your post.  Part of your report just came off a little "old man" creepy to me, just my opinion.

funny, for me it came across as Space still being drunk.  some pretty weird of not downright bad sentence construction in there.

Which sentence do you object to? I admit I typed it on my phone, and I find typing on my phone very frustrating. Hence, I try to cram in as much as I can in as short a paragraph as possible. I think maybe the phone autocorrected "to see a show" to "thanks see a show." Not sure why, my phone does weird shit like that sometimes.

Oddly, this is the opposite of my wife, who can literally text me five pargraphs with multiple pictures when I leave a mess somewhere in the house.

Man My Morning Jacket, Durand Jones, and Dr Dog was a great 1, 2, 3 punch for me. But Heartless Bastards took it to another level last night. Gotta Have Rock and Roll. Being five feet away from Erika didn't hurt. Union Stage my new favorite venue. Like Black Cat without all the issues. Always great thanks see a show with Vas, and to run into old friends from recent and ancient past.

Commendable use of the word "Hence".

Space Freely

« Reply #4142 on: October 04, 2021, 01:42:07 pm »

Commendable use of the word "Hence".

Thank you. I love that word.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4143 on: October 07, 2021, 05:03:59 am »
Apparently Heilung rocked Red Rocks so hard that they broke the soundsystem.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4144 on: October 07, 2021, 03:00:27 pm »
The LCD soundsystem?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #4145 on: October 07, 2021, 04:02:58 pm »
I'm holding my breath for a Surprise at the Club! Heilung / LCD Soundsystem double bill

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4146 on: October 11, 2021, 12:05:59 am »
Robyn Hitchcock at Rams Head. 1st show back since Covid so it was a nice way to ease into live music. I've actually bought these tickets for over 2 years.  I have 5 more shows over the next 3 weeks so when it rains it pours I guess. 

Anyway, solid Robyn Hitchcock solo show.  I was a little disappointed that his wife (or partner) Emma Swift was not with him to sing backup.  But he had a nice setlist and anyone who has seen him knows that his in-between-song banter is always an interesting part of the show. 

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4147 on: October 11, 2021, 09:09:49 am »
Robyn Hitchcock at Rams Head. 1st show back since Covid so it was a nice way to ease into live music. I've actually bought these tickets for over 2 years.  I have 5 more shows over the next 3 weeks so when it rains it pours I guess. 

Anyway, solid Robyn Hitchcock solo show.  I was a little disappointed that his wife (or partner) Emma Swift was not with him to sing backup.  But he had a nice setlist and anyone who has seen him knows that his in-between-song banter is always an interesting part of the show.

Wow, the Board's two Jeffs (are there more?) in the same room.
I really enjoyed Robyn's set, and the banter was for sure world class. Pat Nixon was a Pisces. Mostly sponsored by FancyFeast. It seems that Robyn and Emma have relocated to London from Nashville with the cats. Would like to see a solo Emma show doing her Dylan covers thing especially.

Other shows this weekend:

Friday night, June Star at Club603 was great, beautiful night outdoors on the lawn.
Saturday afternoon, Caleb Stine at Star Bright Farm in White Hall, MD. This was fun. A cool farm, folky songs, grilled oysters.

What are the other shows this week jeffml?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4148 on: October 11, 2021, 09:21:38 am »
Did Robyn H do "Tonight" and "I Wanna Destroy You" in Annapolis?!

(_|_)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4149 on: October 11, 2021, 09:53:44 am »
yes to the latter

From Setlist.fm
Cynthia Mask
Vibrating
I Pray When I'm Drunk
1970 In Aspic
Wax Doll
Saturday Groovers
So You Think You're In Love
Lysander
Ride
The Devil's Coachman
N.Y. Doll
Olé! Tarantula
Serpent at the Gates of Wisdom
I Often Dream of Trains
Queen of Eyes
I Wanna Destroy You

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4150 on: October 15, 2021, 09:18:52 am »
I loved the Felice Brothers show last night at DC9. Packed show. Great band.
Opener was lovely. Al Olender, a young woman person from the baltimore area, who is now in the catskills region in NY. Really strong vocals. Was glad I got there early.
Old man syndrome fully in effect: I forgot to buy a ticket to this show. got hooked up via an instagram acquaintance. thanks Betsy!

Space Freely

« Reply #4151 on: October 15, 2021, 09:30:55 am »
Opener was lovely. Al Olender, a young woman person from the baltimore area, who is now in the catskills region in NY. Really strong vocals. Was glad I got there early.
Old man syndrome fully in effect: I forgot to buy a ticket to this show. got hooked up via an instagram acquaintance. thanks Betsy!

You Be Betsy?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4152 on: October 15, 2021, 09:32:05 am »

You Be Betsy?

I think that was YouBeBetty, right?

bearman🐻

« Reply #4153 on: October 17, 2021, 09:27:21 am »
Super fun Bat Fangs/Thelma & the Sleaze show last night at Slash Run. Great people, awesome venue, and both bands were great. These are the kinds of concerts I really have missed.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4154 on: October 18, 2021, 09:07:09 am »
Manchester Orchestra - Ramshead Live on Saturday.  Great set and band.  Andy Hull is so talented and effortless in his performance. Always surprised they aren't bigger than they are.  Should be an Anthem band at minimum but I'm glad to see them in smaller venues. Surprising only about 20% of people masked and masking not enforced once inside.

Idles- Sunday at the Club.  Decided to forgo mosh pit and settled in on 2nd floor railing to watch the mayhem.  As expected Idles brought the high energy to the show and the crowd.  Always a fun show.  Warmup band Gustaf were fun...had a Pylon/B-52's vibe going.