Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2694801 times)

hutch

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #6720 on: July 22, 2014, 07:46:18 pm »
what time do you guys think Beck will go on at MPP on Thursday? It says doors 6 and there is one opening act which I will unfortunately have to miss (Sean Lennon duo)

No clue, but sean lennon's lady is sexy as all hell.

listen i'd be there if i could..... i like sexy as all hell.

;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #6721 on: July 23, 2014, 10:00:57 am »
Trying to make it out to Reignwolf on Saturday.
‼‼?‼‼

Got Haggis?

« Reply #6722 on: July 23, 2014, 10:30:38 am »
maybe A Sunny Day in Glasgow Friday - was originally planning on going to this for sure, but a last minute surprise birthday party for a friend may take precedence

Wye Oak / Matmos - Saturday

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6723 on: July 23, 2014, 02:15:32 pm »
Old 97s/Tommy Stinson tomorrow
Merge Fest 25 on saturday

Please give us a report on these 2.

James Ford

« Reply #6724 on: July 23, 2014, 03:08:10 pm »
Old 97's are always great. TS played on their new album, he probably joined them onstage.

No, I didn't go to the show. But that's never stopped me from commenting.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6725 on: July 23, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »
Old 97's are always great. TS played on their new album, he probably joined them onstage.

No, I didn't go to the show. But that's never stopped me from commenting.

He did a clash cover with them but that was it. Fun show but I'm not a big enough fan to give you a setlist or anything for the 97s. They played around 20 songs, ended the main set with Doreen as one might expect.

Stinson played songs from Perfect and Bash & Pop. Short set and seemed to try to play stuff from all his acts. No GNR songs however.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #6726 on: July 23, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »
VIP BAR OPEN FOR BECK!!!

K8teebug

« Reply #6727 on: July 23, 2014, 06:21:17 pm »
No Nick cave for us.  My husband fractured his ankle playing softball.  Hoping he doesn't need surgery.  Luckily, our friends are in attendance.

My show luck lately has been for shit.

hutch

« Reply #6728 on: July 23, 2014, 06:27:39 pm »
Darn kettebug I AM SO SORRY...that is awful...

i was just going to post how jealous i was of the people going to see Nick Cave and the BAD Seeds...

K8teebug

« Reply #6729 on: July 23, 2014, 08:16:45 pm »
Thanks.  We're both pretty bummed, but luckily there's good stuff on Netflix and OnDemand.  Watched Snowpiercer, Battered Bastards of Baseball, and catching up on VEEP.  So, there's that.

hutch

« Reply #6730 on: July 23, 2014, 09:07:48 pm »
and catching up on VEEP.  So, there's that.

VEEP is the only show I like on TV like in the past few years...

dyecraig

« Reply #6731 on: July 24, 2014, 01:17:20 am »
No Nick cave for us.  My husband fractured his ankle playing softball.  Hoping he doesn't need surgery.  Luckily, our friends are in attendance.

My show luck lately has been for shit.
The ankle is the worst, I broke mine 2 Xmas's ago, just getting the mail after a light snow.
The only bonus was they let me sit in the handicapped section @ Nick's Strathmore show.
Tonight was a fine greatest hits show with just enough of the new album - someone certainly has the set list - stagger lee was maniacal, but no papa won't leave you henry (would have been great after lyre of orpheus encore), nice piano set in the middle. He's just the best frontman going today (whatever age).

« Reply #6732 on: July 24, 2014, 09:52:07 am »
no papa won't leave you henry (would have been great after lyre of orpheus encore), nice piano set in the middle. He's just the best frontman going today (whatever age).

Enjoyed so much of the show that didn't even realize this wasn't played and would have been a much better choice after stagger to close the set...

DAR Cave Set list

K8 sorry to hear you didn't make it...was thinking of you when he played Jubilee street
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6733 on: July 24, 2014, 10:48:17 am »
Thanks.  We're both pretty bummed, but luckily there's good stuff on Netflix and OnDemand.  Watched Snowpiercer, Battered Bastards of Baseball, and catching up on VEEP.  So, there's that.
First, and foremost, I am sorry to hear of your husband's injury. We can make him an honorary boardie so he can join the ranks of the rest of us who spent/are spending part of 2014 convalescing. :(

Second, how was Snowpiercer? I am apparently the last person to hear about this apparently awesome VOD phenomenon.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #6734 on: July 24, 2014, 12:30:37 pm »
anybody know what time beck goes on tonight?  dont know if there is something wrong with my flash player but i don't see the set times on the 930 page