Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1693121 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #7350 on: September 14, 2023, 07:52:08 am »
that's some weird shit...do you think anyone, even hardcore fans, would know what that was without context?

original photo that was used for the cover
slack

hutch

« Reply #7351 on: September 14, 2023, 08:15:30 am »
Absolutely

« Reply #7352 on: September 14, 2023, 09:30:00 am »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7353 on: September 14, 2023, 01:39:11 pm »
Absolutely
so you bought one then?
This is moving the goal posts. Knowing what something is and choosing to pay money for something are not the same thing at all. There are lots of things I know about but wouldn’t pay money for and there are many more thing I spend money on but do not understand.
LVMH

« Reply #7354 on: September 14, 2023, 02:42:03 pm »
Absolutely
so you bought one then?
This is moving the goal posts. Knowing what something is and choosing to pay money for something are not the same thing at all. There are lots of things I know about but wouldn’t pay money for and there are many more thing I spend money on but do not understand.
So you bought one as well
slack

« Reply #7355 on: September 14, 2023, 02:46:39 pm »
Absolutely
so you bought one then?
So you bought one as well
I can not be expected to recall everything I may have purchased.
LVMH

« Reply #7356 on: September 26, 2023, 09:54:00 am »
This rabbit just cost me $78 at the 9:30 club. This is why Americans think the economy is terrible.
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #7357 on: September 26, 2023, 01:30:26 pm »
I got my rabbit for $55 directly from
rabbits4sale website. 

This rabbit just cost me $78 at the 9:30 club. This is why Americans think the economy is terrible.

« Reply #7358 on: September 26, 2023, 04:36:47 pm »
rabbits4sale website. 

How much of a cut does Seth take on that?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7359 on: September 26, 2023, 08:40:28 pm »
rabbits4sale website. 

Just a breast and a thigh.

« Reply #7360 on: September 26, 2023, 08:51:39 pm »
rabbits4sale website. 

Just a breast and a thigh.
Whoa/woah, we don’t make those kind of suggestive jokes around here. Very rude man. Seth doesn’t come to your house and bring up Chipotle. Show some respect.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7361 on: September 26, 2023, 09:08:24 pm »
You sure? Last time I ordered chipotle, the doordash driver did look a bit familiar...

« Reply #7362 on: September 27, 2023, 11:31:35 pm »
Hutch, as we approach the merch table: can you believe they are charging $78 for a freaking rabbit, they used to give them away at the door. This is insane

Me:

slack

hutch

« Reply #7363 on: September 28, 2023, 08:28:36 am »
I don’t even get the joke.

I will say this and only this: I get the whole need to simplify things and say IMP is bad for taking a cut from merch while supposedly-now- Live Nation doesn’t….but you have to look at the totality of the picture. From a patron perspective there just isn’t any doubt IMP is better…things like not allowing dynamic pricing, giving back to our community in numerous ways, Friends with benefits, and on and on.

From a musical act perspective I really can’t speak but as a concertgoer I have talked to plenty of musical acts who swear by the way the 930 and IMP treats them… I have never heard an act do the same for Live Nation. Acts love to play the 930. From GBV to the Dandy Warhols to Tweedy they look at playing the 930 and IMP venues as something to be proud of and they will tell you that. They look forward to it.

Of course IMP can’t get complacent but in my experience of 30 years going to concerts in DC there is just no comparison. It’s way too facile to say otherwise. And frankly it’s a bit lame to come on here and see all these posts taking the piss. Doesn’t make me want to hang out here.

« Reply #7364 on: September 28, 2023, 09:10:33 am »
And frankly it’s a bit lame to come on here and see all these posts taking the piss. Doesn’t make me want to hang out here.
Steady at the wheel, boys! We’re almost there!  :P
LVMH