Author Topic: Montgomery County: HOW TO REDUCE THE 2010 BUDGET?  (Read 2914 times)

musiq_misstrust

Montgomery County: HOW TO REDUCE THE 2010 BUDGET?
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:37:48 am »
I am still annoyed that my tax dollars are going to Live Nation to build one of their cookie cutter nightclubs in downtown Silver Spring.  Today I got the text from my council member Roger Berliner:

As I wrote in my last newsletter, the County is faced with at least a 500 million dollar budget shortfall.  Balancing the FY10 Budget while protecting essential government services will be a daunting task. I would be most grateful for any thoughts or recommendations you have with respect to reaching the objective of balancing our budget in the least painful way possible.  The Council will be holding a public forum on Tuesday, January 27.  This is one way you can offer your ideas on how to help balance next year?s operating budget.  Your feedback is important to me, so if you cannot make it to Rockville on Tuesday, please feel free to send your written suggestions by emailing the Council at county.council@montgomerycountymd.gov.  I look forward to your participation in this critical examination of government services.

Tell them they can save 8 million dollars by making Live Nation pay!!!!  You call Berliner's office @ (240) 777-7828

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Montgomery County: HOW TO REDUCE THE 2010 BUDGET?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:58:34 am »
Hi Seth!
(o|o)

musiq_misstrust

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:47:35 pm »
You only wish this was Seth!  He's got better things to do than post tirades about Montgomery County's budget!  Maybe you don't live in Montgomery County, but corporate welfare steals from those who need the money most and I'm still pissed about it.  Did you write the county yet?  What are you waiting for?  Jay-Z to tell you Live Nation is cool?

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 03:00:56 pm »
If he's got time to post about football, surely he has time to post about Montgomery County.

You only wish this was Seth!  He's got better things to do than post tirades about Montgomery County's budget!  Maybe you don't live in Montgomery County, but corporate welfare steals from those who need the money most and I'm still pissed about it.  Did you write the county yet?  What are you waiting for?  Jay-Z to tell you Live Nation is cool?

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 03:09:25 pm »
If he's got time to post about football, surely he has time to post about Montgomery County.

Especially now that football is over for him....
27>34

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 09:47:34 am »
I miss Roger Music.

Roger Music

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 02:32:27 pm »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 02:34:55 pm by Roger Music »