Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 466626 times)

Space Freely

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #3930 on: January 04, 2021, 09:41:44 am »
This is the headline where my mom gets her news (Newsmax):

Trump Ga. Transcript Shows Case for Vote Fraud, President Acted Properly

And this is the Fox News headline:

Georgia GOP Senate candidate defends Trump's call with top state official, calls leak of audio 'disgusting'

« Reply #3931 on: January 04, 2021, 09:46:53 am »
fighting on the inside of the GOP makes me so happy
I love seeing these people light Tom Cotton up for not joining in with sedition
even Jonathan Turley said it was bad, and this guy defended trump on the floor of the congress during the impeachment

Jonathan Turley@JonathanTurley
Telling Raffensperger to "find" the votes on the Saturday before the certification is breathtaking. https://washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html I am as mystified by the request as I am the logic. Such an opportunistic move to secure the 16 electoral votes would not work to change the outcome.

I think he mostly said it was bad because even if it did work it wouldn't win him the election...con men to the end
slack

hutch

« Reply #3932 on: January 04, 2021, 10:01:20 am »
You want to rationalize paying attention to Trump but the truth is you are addicted to his show...you want to think you are being a good citizen by paying attention..you been telling yourself this for over four years..and it’s tough to let it go

It’s pretty obvious you should be paying more attention to the winner..you know: Biden...it’s pretty obvious you should be following his lead..if there’s a need for you to go back to watching the Trump show or freak out - trust me- Biden will let you know

Trump is that crazy relative at Thanksgiving... ignore him

« Reply #3933 on: January 04, 2021, 10:08:35 am »
you should be paying more attention to the winner..you know: Biden...it’s pretty obvious you should be following his lead...
Here we go with 'no criming' joe, not sure I can take four years of this ;)
Joe Biden@JoeBiden
Here’s my promise to you: I’ll be a president for all Americans. Whether you voted for me or not, I’ll wake up every single morning and work to make your life better.

How is he supposed to inspire people by telling you that he's working for everyone?
I mean the guy only has 22 million followers, not sure someone with that few can really be trusted
slack

« Reply #3934 on: January 04, 2021, 10:14:49 am »
it was quite a bombshell, but it's like one bomb dropping after 400 previous ones...kinda loses its chutzpah

This could be a crazy week...
Tuesday with the GA vote....any thoughts or predictions...do we need a thread?
Looks to be a nailbiter, the negative press can't help...but who knows, maybe it will drive more MAGA out?
As of Sunday afternoon, Georgie Votes reported 3,032,066 people have voted in the runoff election so far.

^I think boes well for the dems...actually more than the general!

Wednesday there is bound to be some theatrics on the floor...as well in the streets of DC (stay home people)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 10:26:01 am by Lizard Squadron leader-hatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3935 on: January 04, 2021, 10:15:13 am »
You want to rationalize paying attention to Trump but the truth is you are addicted to his show...you want to think you are being a good citizen by paying attention..you been telling yourself this for over four years..and it’s tough to let it go

It’s pretty obvious you should be paying more attention to the winner..you know: Biden...it’s pretty obvious you should be following his lead..if there’s a need for you to go back to watching the Trump show or freak out - trust me- Biden will let you know

Trump is that crazy relative at Thanksgiving... ignore him

He's still president and he and his lackeys still have the power of the presidency.

hutch

« Reply #3936 on: January 04, 2021, 10:25:29 am »
That’s exactly what he wants - NEEDS - you to think...

That’s his power

He’s a lame duck who just got overridden by Congress..and by Mitch.. the courts have laughed his 823 challenges out the door

Space Freely

« Reply #3937 on: January 04, 2021, 10:35:35 am »
That’s exactly what he wants - NEEDS - you to think...

That’s his power

He’s a lame duck who just got overridden by Congress..and by Mitch.. the courts have laughed his 823 challenges out the door

Unlike other lame ducks, he hasn't accepted that he is one. So neither will I.

« Reply #3938 on: January 04, 2021, 11:04:56 am »
this is going to be a long 16 days!
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3939 on: January 04, 2021, 11:18:42 am »

Depends. If you've got your head in the sand, you don't so much notice the passage of time.

hutch

« Reply #3940 on: January 04, 2021, 11:23:42 am »
Or if you have your head out of your ass.... time goes faster

The only thing I am looking at is Georgia

The other thing that gets me is so people think paying attention means they are doing something? I mean what is Space going to do from his government job, change a 9 into a 6 or remove a decimal? Seems to me if you really where going to resist this Trump onslaught you might have, you know, quit your government job? What exactly does paying attention accomplish? You are able to post your concern about Georgia on the 930 board? So??? You are ready to take up arms for the resistance? Please. Don’t flatter yourself.

« Reply #3941 on: January 04, 2021, 11:23:50 am »

Depends. If you've got your head in the sand, you don't so much notice the passage of time.
I can't do it, I'm going to try but I just can't stop looking at the car accident
slack

hutch

« Reply #3942 on: January 04, 2021, 11:26:52 am »
So in the end all you do is amplify and strengthen the outgoing President to make yourself feel you are being some sort of guardian of democracy?

“Oh yeah I KNOW what Trump is doing...I KNOW!!”

So?

What are YOU doing?

« Reply #3943 on: January 04, 2021, 11:31:44 am »
What are YOU doing?
I donated again to Oss/War even though they have been treating my inbox like a two dollar whore
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3944 on: January 04, 2021, 11:33:20 am »
Or if you have your head out of your ass.... time goes faster

The only thing I am looking at is Georgia

The other thing that gets me is so people think paying attention means they are doing something? I mean what is Space going to do from his government job, change a 9 into a 6 or remove a decimal? Seems to me if you really where going to resist this Trump onslaught you might have, you know, quit your government job? What exactly does paying attention accomplish? You are able to post your concern about Georgia on the 930 board? So??? You are ready to take up arms for the resistance? Please. Don’t flatter yourself.

Wow, you are angry this morning! Is it that time of the month for you?  Don't worry, I will take care of you with TLC and positivity!

I never said I could do anything to change anything. Well, I can in little ways. I can keep talking to conservative people I know, hoping to change their minds in the future.