Author Topic: Bathroom Renovation at the Club  (Read 5494 times)

rich_WDC

Bathroom Renovation at the Club
« on: December 04, 2014, 10:20:04 pm »
Not sure if this has been mentioned on the Board ...
Both main room men's restrooms have had a really nice renovation.  More urinals on the main level; different lighting; totally new stall design; new sink.    Quite nice!   Almost worth paying the high beer price just to bring on a pee...

Women's room to be done soon, a staffer said.

wml7

Re: Bathroom Renovation at the Club
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 10:48:38 pm »
Nice, dump worthy
 ;D

Yada

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 10:39:01 am »
Both main room men's restrooms have had a really nice renovation.  More urinals on the main level; different lighting; totally new stall design; new sink.    Quite nice!   Almost worth paying the high beer price just to bring on a pee...

Not a big fan of ass to ass peeing though.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:39:15 am »
Back in 1997 when I worked at the club they seemed pretty nice at the time, but those bathrooms get a LOT of wear and tear. By the end of the night when we had 2 separate events, it started to take on a CBGB kinda vibe and it wasn't pretty. The remodel is awesome. Really, really nice.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:39:48 am »

Not a big fan of ass to ass peeing though.

That probably would have been more appropriate in the Blowoff days.

hutch

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:48:53 am »
personally i'm down not up on bathroom renovations.... a good rock club should have shitholes for bathrooms....

what's next? some dude handing out paper towels and mints? bidets?

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 10:49:56 am »
Good friend of mine....has the frame the door to one of the stalls from the old 930 club
yeah...I know kinda gross, but kinda cool at the same time
Has a few stickers on it
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 11:02:27 am »
Wait, the combination of semen and piss is now referred to as "stickers"? I will never keep up with you kids and your internet lingo.
LVMH

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 11:12:26 am »
personally i'm down not up on bathroom renovations.... a good rock club should have shitholes for bathrooms....

what's next? some dude handing out paper towels and mints? bidets?

Personally, I like the trough style urinals
can handle so many more at a time

although these might be cool
slack

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »
Personally, I like the trough style urinals
can handle so many more at a time

although these might be cool

How does your employer feel about this post? 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 06:27:45 pm »
How does your employer feel about this post? 

personally, i didn't feel the need to notify them of this post.  so who knows - in fact, we never will. 

did you go running into your boss' office, laptop in hand, demanding his/her opinion of those urinals?
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 03:43:53 pm »
new bathroom looks great. anyone remember the black cat bathroom friendster page?
(o|o)

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 04:45:28 pm »
So my Boss thought it was pretty funny
disclaimer...I just showed him the picture, not my 930 forum post
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 10:48:43 am »
I was so surprised. When did this happen?  I walked into the upstairs mens bathroom last Monday and it took me a second to process. They are super nice. While I agree rock clubs should have shitty bathrooms, I never really thought the bathrooms were THAT shitty. Plus this venue is constantly being voted one of the best in the country, so why shouldn't it have nice bathrooms?
‼‼?‼‼

bearman🐻

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 11:36:04 am »
I was so surprised. When did this happen?  I walked into the upstairs mens bathroom last Monday and it took me a second to process. They are super nice. While I agree rock clubs should have shitty bathrooms, I never really thought the bathrooms were THAT shitty. Plus this venue is constantly being voted one of the best in the country, so why shouldn't it have nice bathrooms?

For the cost of going to see the average show at the 9:30 Club, I think nice bathrooms reflect the care and quality of the IMP product. Bands and patrons alike are valued, and I'm on board with that. I'm not 22 anymore and don't need the "thrill" of going to some seedy rock club. I don't need the smell of urine hitting my nose as I go into a bathroom. There are still plenty of dumps to go to if you want the full urban experience. For as much as I loved the old 9:30 and the intimacy of those concerts, I don't miss the fact that I positively REEKED after seeing a show there. That odor is tattooed in my brain.