Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 293326 times)

Starsky

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #885 on: August 09, 2021, 10:18:28 am »
It’s also a worldwide issue…we need to get everyone vaccinated everywhere…the more the existing variants spread say in Indonesia the more new variants we will get and I believe eventually we will end up with viruses that our current vaccines can’t handle

We need to have a global body with money and teeth to coordinate everything from vaccine production to distribution

We need massive R&D investment in a coordinated effort to stay ahead of the virus

It needs to be a major effort along the lines of say WWII

It’s not just vaccinate and we are done let’s party which is the current attitude in America

People are in denial…

And yes vaccines need to be mandatory and vaccine passports need to happen but even with that I don’t believe we can go back to normal

It’s way beyond my pay grade or bailiwick but everything should be on the table..including slowing down tourism

If your life as a species depends on it you have to begin to think about tough questions

I think Biden has done a disservice to the country with his 4th of July speech

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 10:22:26 am by Starsky »

Yada

« Reply #886 on: August 09, 2021, 10:21:25 am »
It’s also a worldwide issue…we need to get everyone vaccinated everywhere…the more the existing variants spread say in Indonesia the more new variants we will get and I believe eventually we will end up with viruses that our current vaccines can’t handle

We need to have a global body with money and teeth to coordinate everything from vaccine production to distribution

We need massive R&D investment in a coordinated effort to stay ahead of the virus

It’s not just vaccinate and we are done let’s party which is the current attitude in America

People are in denial…

And yes vaccines need to be mandatory and vaccine passports need to happen but even with that I don’t believe we can go back to normal

Hopefully a meteor just blasts us all into oblivion so we don't have to worry about this the rest of our lives (which we will).

Starsky

« Reply #887 on: August 09, 2021, 10:31:03 am »
It totally blows…

The whole political divide in the US makes it hard to actually do the things we need to do and exercise global leadership on this…

rich_WDC

« Reply #888 on: August 09, 2021, 02:57:16 pm »
Need a vaccine that can be administered agent orange style. (not the band or song; Vietnam baby)

Perhaps a better marketable name than agent orange though...

People are in denial…

It’s way beyond my pay grade or bailiwick but everything should be on the table..including slowing down tourism

If your life as a species depends on it you have to begin to think about tough questions

I think Biden has done a disservice to the country with his 4th of July speech

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #889 on: August 09, 2021, 03:29:08 pm »
Agent Coors Light
😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #890 on: August 09, 2021, 08:28:37 pm »
New Orleans Jazz Fest

Starsky

« Reply #891 on: August 09, 2021, 08:47:18 pm »
New Orleans Jazz Festival 2021

While understandable it’s a crushing blow

This damn coronavirus presents a real long term threat to our way of live and we are not coping well as a species. We are sort of ignoring the big issues and trying patchwork solutions.

No shit

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #892 on: August 23, 2021, 01:31:45 pm »
Pharbe Bardgers
Indefinite postpone
Monday
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 01:40:51 pm by challenged »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #893 on: August 23, 2021, 01:38:52 pm »
Phoebe Bridgers
Indefinite postpone

"Let’s try this again…

In the interest of safety, I’ve decided to only play outdoors for the upcoming tour. We are moving all previously scheduled indoor shows to outdoor venues and we’ve needed to postpone shows in a couple cities so please check the updated schedule."

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #894 on: August 23, 2021, 01:50:13 pm »
Phoebe Bridgers
Indefinite postpone

"Let’s try this again…

In the interest of safety, I’ve decided to only play outdoors for the upcoming tour. We are moving all previously scheduled indoor shows to outdoor venues and we’ve needed to postpone shows in a couple cities so please check the updated schedule."

i wondered what changed because what i saw earlier was that the Anthem show was still on since it's the last date on the tour...

edit the Anthem date has indeed fallen off the poster...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:00:01 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #895 on: August 23, 2021, 01:58:38 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #896 on: August 23, 2021, 02:01:12 pm »
Blow me!

« Reply #897 on: August 23, 2021, 02:43:38 pm »
Blow me!
I think this is exactly the kind of stuff that got ryan adams in trouble...
slack

Starsky

« Reply #898 on: August 31, 2021, 10:00:02 am »
Jon Spencer and the Hitmakers have postponed their October dates in order for SideLurch to be able to make it

« Reply #899 on: August 31, 2021, 10:40:20 am »
Jon Spencer and the Hitmakers have postponed their October dates in order for SideLurch to be able to make it
Well, glad Jon is keeping my schedule in mind
slack