Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313697 times)

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4410 on: May 17, 2022, 10:02:06 am »
their debut album sounds so dated now...

Interpol the other night was quite possibly the best I've ever seen them. Stunning light, sound and excellent setlist. My best Anthem experience so far.

I refused to go after being bored to tears during two of their shows in the past. Setlist did look great though and heard opener Tycho was solid as well.

Turn on the bright lights was very formative for me. One of the two shows I attended was during its 15th anniversary tour where they played it in full. The show ended up being the lowlight of the trip.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4411 on: May 17, 2022, 10:20:21 am »
This tour felt really emotional for me...but also a lot of other people. Watching the crowd, I got a sense that people felt really connected to the performance. I think coming out of the pandemic evokes a lot of feelings and emotions that people are inclined to feel after trauma. I realize that our interest for bands and their music can ebb and flow, but I think coming off of 9/11, "Turn on the Bright Lights" was a special LP. I've always been a fan, and I actually think every LP they do offers something worthwhile. But their sound and lights have only improved over time, and I wasn't prepared for how many feelings I had watching them perform. I think every band has a lull in their career at some point...but Interpol definitely made me a serious fan again.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #4412 on: May 17, 2022, 11:54:52 am »
This tour felt really emotional for me...but also a lot of other people. Watching the crowd, I got a sense that people felt really connected to the performance. I think coming out of the pandemic evokes a lot of feelings and emotions that people are inclined to feel after trauma. I realize that our interest for bands and their music can ebb and flow, but I think coming off of 9/11, "Turn on the Bright Lights" was a special LP. I've always been a fan, and I actually think every LP they do offers something worthwhile. But their sound and lights have only improved over time, and I wasn't prepared for how many feelings I had watching them perform. I think every band has a lull in their career at some point...but Interpol definitely made me a serious fan again.

Was happy to hear from multiple people they enjoyed it. I've actually stuck with 'em for through most of their career and thought El Pintor was a worthwhile listen, their best since Antics.

« Reply #4413 on: May 20, 2022, 01:17:44 pm »
well first I'd like to thank Koz for turning me on to and also providing a free tix to the show (was already planning on going, but who would turn down free...but in retrospect, probably should have just bought a ticket)

The Mysterines put on a rocking set last night at DC9
the opening acts were frankly very lame and wish I knew they were going on at 10:30 as I would have arrived much later
Poorly attended too, 1/2 of the audience was the two opening acts and their friends...and even they thinned out
must be weird to come from a sold out show in NY to have only 20 fans show up to see them in DC, alas...I tried to get a few people to come and couldn't get a single bite

I thought the mix was great, vocals were clear, guitars were crisp and crunchy when needed.  Lia Metcalfe is such a great front person, really carries the band in the charisma department.  Pretty much played every track off the new album, which was great for me as I like just about every track.

I really think these guys have something, it's a shame they aren't getting much notice
would 100% see them again

I was ready to buy a shirt and possibly some vinyl...merch table after the show only had small and medium shrits and no other merch.  lady was like "you can go on our website'
Kinda of bummer as I like to support bands at the show with a merch purchase that way they have some spending cash that night
not some random web order
alas

did get a set list...no encore (which made sense as there were only about 25 people by the last song)

slack

Starsky

« Reply #4414 on: May 20, 2022, 01:25:35 pm »

« Reply #4415 on: May 20, 2022, 01:31:44 pm »
I tried to get a few people to come and couldn't get

What did I do to you?
I figured you saw on here more than once and FB that I said I was going and you would come if you were interested
my bad
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4416 on: May 20, 2022, 02:17:55 pm »
Bummer about the turnout and poor form for the added locals to not continue hanging out… Hopefully this tour plus their future outing with AWOLNation will start their exposure here.. Curious they didn’t do any of the late night tv shows this time through.. if they ever get Greta Van Fleet big, everyone will have claimed to have seen them, but sidehatch will know their dirty little secret
T.Rex

« Reply #4417 on: May 20, 2022, 04:11:05 pm »
Ha, just saw them bragging about BBC airplay for their latest single
Notice the edit to the title

one last gripe about the merch
would have gladly bought a slab, maybe two of them...but cost $40 after shipping from their site.

ok, sucked it up and bought a vinly bundle and t-shirt for less than an obstructed view seat at a Paul McCartney show
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 04:25:43 pm by Side toad poison ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #4418 on: May 20, 2022, 04:57:43 pm »
plus their future outing with AWOLNation will start their exposure here..
hmm, don't know much about these guys,
AWOLnation
Wed • Oct 26 • 7:30 PM
The Fillmore Silver Spring
$45 is a little steep to just see the opener

but you probably already knew this

I thought that name sounded familar, they just realeased that covers album with fugazi's Wating Room on it (did Ian actually approve this?) with Grouplove?!?

My Echo, My Shadow, My Covers and Me
1   Beds Are Burning (Feat. Tim McLlrath of Rise Against)
2   Eye in the Sky (Feat. Beck)
3   Take a Chance on Me (Feat. Jewel)
4   Maniac (Feat. Conor Mason of Nothing But Thieves)
5   Just a Friend (Feat. Hyro the Hero)
6   Material Girl (Feat. Taylor Hanson of Hanson)
7   Wind of Change (Feat. Portugal the Man and Brandon Boyd)
8   Waiting Room (Feat. Grouplove)
9   Flagpole Sitta (Feat. Elohim)
10   Alone Again (Naturally [Feat. Midland]

yikes
https://awolnation.bandcamp.com/track/waiting-room-feat-grouplove
started off not that bad...but I do not approve
can only imagine they break this out at the FSS show
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:07:12 pm by Side toad poison ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4419 on: May 20, 2022, 06:10:31 pm »
AWOLnation

you've heard this song, just didn't know it was AWOLnation.

as far as i know that's their only hit, and while it was a big one i'm constantly surprised at how much mileage they continue to get from something released over a decade ago.  if they've done anything notable since then, i missed it...
<sig>

« Reply #4420 on: May 20, 2022, 06:31:34 pm »
AWOLnation

you've heard this song, just didn't know it was AWOLnation.
oh I do know that I guess, what's scary was it queued  the AWOLNATION - Sail 1 Hour Version
as J would say...haven't I suffered enough

TIL about a site that takes horrible songs and makes them one hour long https://www.youtube.com/c/INFINITYMusicEXE
slack

Yada

« Reply #4421 on: May 24, 2022, 08:24:36 am »

Starsky

« Reply #4422 on: May 24, 2022, 08:41:42 am »
I saw that! Quite the set list

« Reply #4423 on: May 24, 2022, 08:54:46 am »
wow that is some set list, think I've seen them 3-4 times and didn't see that many songs I like in one show
slack

Yada

« Reply #4424 on: May 24, 2022, 08:56:03 am »
Some of these clips are goosebump inducing!! Ayayayya!