Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2123537 times)

killsaly

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #4725 on: January 25, 2016, 07:29:58 pm »
Amon Amarth - Deceiver Of The Gods

killsaly

« Reply #4726 on: January 25, 2016, 09:17:36 pm »
Seal - 7
I am not sure how I missed this one last year.  I am digging it.   It is definitely a return to form after a few questionable outings (Soul, Soul 2, and Commitment), well a return to the form that I enjoy (the dance numbers, electronic instrumentation etc) with his music like the System album and his debut.

dyecraig

« Reply #4727 on: January 26, 2016, 11:28:46 am »
the vacuum cleaner and tindersticks @ the bbc.
maybe their new one will arrive today.

killsaly

« Reply #4728 on: January 26, 2016, 12:21:30 pm »
Vader - Necropolis

walk,on,by

« Reply #4729 on: January 26, 2016, 12:24:48 pm »
I think you should do little descriptions of each band, who they are, their sound, why you listened.  stuff like that; nothing major, just one little word orgasm paragraph.  such as your seal thing.  it gave structure to the post.

killsaly

« Reply #4730 on: January 26, 2016, 12:37:13 pm »
Vader was named after Darth.  They would be considered death metal.  They are from Poland and have been around for over 30 years.  This album fucking slays. 

hutch

« Reply #4731 on: January 26, 2016, 12:39:22 pm »
fuckin killsally.. nobody has as broad a taste.. you listen to death metal.. pussy metal... snowcore.. hoecore...hoborock..queensryche (?)...Chilean death metal... entire band discographies from the 80s....

I salute you.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:55:42 pm by hutch »

dyecraig

« Reply #4732 on: January 26, 2016, 12:44:32 pm »
the boss - free 'the river' show mp3 from chicago - thanks bruce.

killsaly

« Reply #4733 on: January 26, 2016, 06:28:40 pm »
Unaussprechlichen Kulten - Baphomet Pan Shub-Niggurath

2014 album from a Chilean death metal band that I am checking out because someone I know booked them and another death metal band to play Metro Gallery coming up later this year and I have no complaints it is pretty heavy but I will have to only have pay attention to it since I need to finish up on some work.

https://ironboneheadproductions.bandcamp.com/album/unaussprechlichen-kulten-baphomet-pan-shub-niggurath

hutch

« Reply #4734 on: January 26, 2016, 09:04:27 pm »
I looked and looked around my hovel and could not find any Chilean death metal.... sigh... so I am listening to David Bowie's final live album.. the reissue..its 2 discs from his Reality tour...I think its from that tour.. anyways, its fabulous..what great song selection too! It has Be My Wife, Sister Midnight and a million of great tunes I didn't even know he played live..

killsaly

« Reply #4735 on: January 26, 2016, 09:26:50 pm »
^if you click the link in my post then you can listen to Chilean death metal right now

dyecraig

« Reply #4736 on: January 26, 2016, 09:56:43 pm »
I looked and looked around my hovel and could not find any Chilean death metal.... sigh... so I am listening to David Bowie's final live album.. the reissue..its 2 discs from his Reality tour...I think its from that tour.. anyways, its fabulous..what great song selection too! It has Be My Wife, Sister Midnight and a million of great tunes I didn't even know he played live..
good dvd too. 
i forgot about this - bowie's reality show was at gmu on a sunday evening and i was walking down 18th to my car and a clearly hungover ryan adams walks past. i think he had a multi-night sold out run at the 9:30. I shouted out to him and we chatted for a bit and then he asked me if i was going to his show and i
told him that no, i had bowie tickets. he gave me kind of a "harrumpgh" and our conversation was apparently over.

hutch

« Reply #4737 on: January 26, 2016, 10:02:07 pm »
good dvd too. 
i forgot about this - bowie's reality show was at gmu on a sunday evening and i was walking down 18th to my car and a clearly hungover ryan adams walks past. i think he had a multi-night sold out run at the 9:30. I shouted out to him and we chatted for a bit and then he asked me if i was going to his show and i
told him that no, i had bowie tickets. he gave me kind of a "harrumpgh" and our conversation was apparently over.

good story! I think that "harrumpgh" was probably a respectful recognition that he'd probably rather be at the Bowie show too..

yes.. one of my bigger regrets in concert-going.. not having attended that show.. I was just recently back in the country and thought David Bowie would tour forever..... sigh.. even though I saw him twice in the 90s those shows are a faded memory... and both had issues...

I do have the DVD too... somewhere around here...I'm not a huge DVD fan but i'll pop it in sometime this year ....I think what I remember about the DVD is that it was done during the time that it was all the rage to cut between cameras every 1/2 second which can drive me crazy..

dyecraig

« Reply #4738 on: January 26, 2016, 10:15:04 pm »
^ you're right - i'm watching it now - many jump cuts, (but not as many as i remember) but worth the effort.

killsaly

« Reply #4739 on: January 27, 2016, 05:14:14 pm »
Boysetsfire - Boysetsfire

I am checking out this post-hardcore band because they are playing at the Ottobar soon and I can use my pass for the show.