Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179681 times)

atomic

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3240 on: February 14, 2014, 03:52:42 pm »
So UAW is trying to unionize the VW plant in Chattanooga, TN.  VW wants the plant unionized so they can have worker councils like they do everywhere else in the world.  GOP in TN is spending a bunch of money to try and stop the plant from being unionized.  VW states that if the plant isn't unionized they might move the production plant for their new mid-sized SUV to Mexico.  GOP doesn't want a union in the south because they are afraid union workers will support Republicans.  

Does a political party get any more stupid than the US Republican Party?

atomic

« Reply #3241 on: February 14, 2014, 03:56:08 pm »
Does anyone buy any of that crap the finance guys always bother you about buying?  GAP Insurance?  Tire Protection Plans, Extended Warranties, Windshield Protection, LO-Jack?   That is the most annoying part of buying the car.  I just want to say shut the f-up I am not buying anything.

James Ford

« Reply #3242 on: February 14, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »
Are autos the only thing you guys randomly think about?

Why don't we start a new thread called CAR TALK?

Anyone else working from home today? Damn, everyone must be at my work, because everything I'm trying to do via VPN is slow, slow, slow.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3243 on: February 14, 2014, 04:20:00 pm »
You know what else is slow?  The cars in front of me when I'm trying to get somewhere.

shemptiness

« Reply #3244 on: February 14, 2014, 04:41:36 pm »
You know what else is slow?  The progress of plowing in Montgomery County.

atomic

« Reply #3245 on: February 14, 2014, 04:42:12 pm »

Anyone else working from home today? Damn, everyone must be at my work, because everything I'm trying to do via VPN is slow, slow, slow.

Were dudes; we think about fast cars, hot chicks to bang, sports, beer (and I don't mean pussy IPA's) , Swiss-made watches and perhaps the newest smart phone.  As this is almost exclusively a dude's forum you shouldn't have any problems with us discussing these things anywhere we want.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3246 on: February 14, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

Its shocking to cross the border from MoCo to PG.  Either MoCo knows how to handle snow and PG is woefully incompetent, or the MoCo plows pushed all of their snow across the border when noone was looking.

atomic

« Reply #3247 on: February 14, 2014, 04:47:29 pm »
I drove for 3 hours today and didn't run to any snow until I got to my street.  No big deal as I have 4 wheel drive.  I was impressed how well the roads had been cleared.  Shoveling for a couple of hours since I got home.  Good fun.

James Ford

« Reply #3248 on: February 14, 2014, 04:53:21 pm »
People who are truly rich don't put on such airs. You reek of a blue collar background and a desperation to show off your newfound wealth.

Were dudes; we think about fast cars, hot chicks to bang, sports, beer (and I don't mean pussy IPA's) , Swiss-made watches and perhaps the newest smart phone.  As this is almost exclusively a dude's forum you shouldn't have any problems with us discussing these things anywhere we want.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3249 on: February 14, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »

Its shocking to cross the border from MoCo to PG.  Either MoCo knows how to handle snow and PG is woefully incompetent, or the MoCo plows pushed all of their snow across the border when noone was looking.

MoCo snow plowing treated my street pretty well.  they got a single lane done yesterday morning, so my street was more or less passable all day.  late last night they did the street properly, so we woke up to a 3-foot wall of ice shards blocking the end of our driveway.  that sh*t was heavy.  i live on a residential-only side-street and have no complaints about the plowing.  does the county take care of that, or the city?  maybe rockville is doing better than silver spring...
<sig>

atomic

« Reply #3250 on: February 14, 2014, 05:06:35 pm »
People who are truly rich don't put on such airs. You reek of a blue collar background and a desperation to show off your newfound wealth.

I have never said I was wealthy.  Where do you get stuff from?  Julian is the rich one. I am middle class.   

shemptiness

« Reply #3251 on: February 14, 2014, 05:08:07 pm »
Haven't ventured out - my car doesn't do well in the snow.  I'm mostly commenting on the fact that none of the side roads in our area have been plowed yet.  I'm sure the main roads are fine.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3252 on: February 14, 2014, 05:30:25 pm »
Roads around me are totally passable.

But I'm supposed to be flying to LA at 9 AM tomorrow and am freaking out that the flight may not happen.

James Ford

« Reply #3253 on: February 14, 2014, 06:50:46 pm »
I will give you some credit. You drink decent, affordable German beer and don't boast about buying $800 bottles of whiskey.

I have never said I was wealthy.  Where do you get stuff from?  Julian is the rich one. I am middle class.   

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3254 on: February 14, 2014, 11:40:35 pm »
So UAW is trying to unionize the VW plant in Chattanooga, TN.  VW wants the plant unionized so they can have worker councils like they do everywhere else in the world.  GOP in TN is spending a bunch of money to try and stop the plant from being unionized.  VW states that if the plant isn't unionized they might move the production plant for their new mid-sized SUV to Mexico.  GOP doesn't want a union in the south because they are afraid union workers will support Republicans.  

Does a political party get any more stupid than the US Republican Party?

try TO stop...

As far as unions go, they had a very real purpose many years ago, mostly what they do now is get people way over paid for the work they do.   They do a great job at promoting mediocrity in the workplace.
FUKIT