Author Topic: The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible  (Read 31693 times)

Sage 703

Re: The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 02:36:00 am »
Wow.

Just...wow.

bigyellow100

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 02:47:00 am »
does anyone know if thats the final cut?  i thought it was really good, but i didnt think the mix was the best.

Reod Dai

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 03:03:00 am »
Anyone know the actual release date?

EDIT:  Never mind, it's March 6th.  Big day for music, that, at least for me.  Maria Taylor, Bright Eyes (EP/single), and The Arcade Fire, with Badly Drawn Boy at the club.  Can't get much better than that.

Chulahoma

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
thanks for the link joe.  the cd sounds amazing!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 11:40:00 am »
recap of their show in london (set list, etc for those wanting a preview of what to expect in MYC and/or montreal)

http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/26152  

Chris Martin checks out Arcade Fire
 Second London show starts dramatically

Arcade Fire continued their week of intimate London gigs with their second show at St John's Church tonight (January 30) and were atched by Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.

As previously reported, the band kicked off a week of gigs to showcase new album 'Neon Bible' last night (29).

Beginning the show right in the middle of the sold out audience, the band performed 'Wake Up' without amplification to give the show a unique start.

Moving to the main stage, the group then played a host of new songs including forthcoming single 'Keep The Car Running', 'Black Wave/ Bad Vibrations', 'Intervention', '(Antichrist Television Blues)' 'No Cars Go', which appears on the band's 2003 debut EP but has been re-recorded for 'Neon Bible'.

However it was during first album anthem 'Rebellion (Lies)' that Arcade Fire left their biggest impression, with frontman Win Butler diving into the crowd to deliver his vocals stood atop a chair, halfway down the church's aisle.

The singer's venture seemed to be inspired by the reverential effect the venue had on the crowd, with Butler joking they were "acting like they were in a church".

He later compared the contrast between an applause and mass-like silence to a Japanese audience.

"You're very polite, your parents would be very proud," he explained, before asking had "anyone one come with their parents?"

Following several raised hands he added: "Wow, your parents are cooler than mine!"

Concluding the set with 'Neighbourhood #2 (Laika)' from debut album 'Funeral', the band are set to complete their run at St John's tomorrow (January 31) before moving to Porchester Hall later this week (February 1,2).

The set in full was:

'Wake Up'
 'Keep The Car Running'
 'Black Mirror'
 'No Cars Go'
 'Black Wave/Bad Vibrations'
 'Haiti'
 'The Well And The Lighthouse'
 'Ocean Of Noise'
 'Rebellion (Lies)'
 'Intervention'
 '(Antichrist Television Blues)'
 'My Body Is A Cage'
 'Neighbourhood #2 (Laika)'

similar re-cap of first show:  http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/26124 - check out footage of them busking outside after the concert.  these guys put on a GREAT show!
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »
From   http://www.arcadefire.net/   : NPR's  All Songs Considered  will be webcasting the final show of the 5 night run at Judson's Memorial Church in NYC on Saturday, Feb 17th.  Expect the webacast to start around 8:30 EST.

as announced elsewhere on this board: rumour has AF playing at DAR on Friday May 4... if true, pre-party at my place (baked brie and other yummies included!). p.s. to sonick: this canuckian's attempt to make up for dissing the hip  :)  
<sig>

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 04:16:00 pm »
it was in the Post today, so i'm not sure it's worthy of "rumor" status...better be real baby.

renton007

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 05:09:00 pm »
J. Freedom mentioned in his on-line discussion about an upcoming Arcade Fire show at DAR about two weeks ago.  I stared a thread about it but there were no responses.  I'm sure it's credible information.

kmb187

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »
i'm not in love with neon bible, but i'm sure it will grow on me. that said, i'm VERY excited they are coming to washington and am already worried about getting tickets/a good spot. how exactly does seating at constitution hall work? most of the shows currently on sale are listed with three sections, all the same price. it also says boxes are general admission. does this mean tickets do not correspond to specific seats? thanks.

(again, EXCITED.)

chokeychicken

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »
Arcade Fire at DAR will be more than a tough ticket; it will be a very tough ticket.  If they do not add dates and only do that sole date at DAR, getting tickets will not be an easy feat.  But it will be a fantastic show nonetheless; if you can get in.  

As for the boxes at DAR, I've only been there a few times, and have never sat in them, but from what I understand, yes, they are GA; meaning its first come first serve, and you share the Box with like 7-10 other people.  The rest of the venue is regular seated, however.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 08:01:00 pm »
betty, renton: just 'cause a rumour comes from credible sources doesn't mean it's confirmed.  until i see an official announcement from IMP, LiveNation, TicketMaster, etc it's still a rumour to me, albeit a credible one    :)  

kmb187: got to   http://www.dar.org/conthall/seating.cfm   and click on the graphic for a high-res version of DAR seating map.  all boxes are GA b/c each one contains 5 seats but you're not guaranteed any particular seat in the box.  in other words, you buy a ticket to box 24 and you're assured a seat in box 24, but as to which one you get = first come first serve.  boxes only represent a small fraction of total seating in DAR.  all orchestra and tiered (side/back) seats are reserved/assigned.
<sig>

kmb187

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 09:14:00 pm »
thanks for the replies about seating; that helps.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »
The Arcade Fire's Neon Bible is a beautiful album. Loved every minute of it. I hope this DAR rumor is true, i need to see them live. If it was anything like the show that the strokes put on there last april, i'd be amazed.

Chulahoma

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 11:36:00 pm »
The date is confirmed in the Washington Post article.

chokeychicken

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 12:05:00 am »
yeah, the date is confirmed.  Only thing we haven't seen yet is when tickets go on sale.