Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1304409 times)

Hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5400 on: May 04, 2024, 02:40:04 pm »
Somebody yelled out for Strung bean Jean but they didn’t play it.

Definitely a top five B & S song for me.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5401 on: May 04, 2024, 03:44:04 pm »
No way, did you look at the encore for Michigan? DC is the worst so far.

Philly got Photo Jenny, that's super rare.

Going to a B&S gig these days is like going to a Tori Amos show - you either will have a great setlist, or a bad one.
(_|_)

Hutch

« Reply #5402 on: May 04, 2024, 03:56:09 pm »
Ok so the show I saw was the absolute worst? Got it. Thanks.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound and also how socially tone deaf?

Like bro are you on a crusade to tear down a show you weren’t even at that someone else enjoyed?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5403 on: May 04, 2024, 04:13:18 pm »

Like bro are you on a crusade to tear down a show you weren’t even at that someone else enjoyed?

This is like 4 legit tag lines in one post! Congrats!

Hutch

« Reply #5404 on: May 04, 2024, 04:15:02 pm »
Thank you! I was feeling unusually inspired by a rush of bile….

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5405 on: May 04, 2024, 09:53:52 pm »

You do get no one is really being super serious and just getting your goat, yeah?
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #5406 on: May 05, 2024, 01:32:46 am »
You know damn well I do not.

Hutch

« Reply #5407 on: May 05, 2024, 02:15:12 pm »
My wandering days are over last night!

Space Freely

« Reply #5408 on: Today at 11:00:45 am »
Extraordinary Cinema: Scream of My Blood: A Gogol Bordello Story

JUSTICE FORUM (GENERAL ADMISSION)

Join us for FREE film screenings in the Justice Forum at the REACH. Scream of My Blood: A Gogol Bordello Story is an intimate, career-spanning portrait of Ukrainian immigrant and punk legend Eugene Hütz. Featuring a post-show film Q&A with directors Nate Pommer and Eric Weinrib, producer Beverly Chase, and Eugene Hütz.

Online advance reservations for a given performance date will open on a rolling basis, opening every Wednesday two weeks out from the date.

So we arrived a half hour in advance and a small line was forming for this. It was obvious that it wasn't going to "sell out," so we just waited on benches rather than standing in line. While waiting, I was secretly hoping that my favorite Ukranian Sweetcell had flown in for this viewing, but it appeared that was not the case. About five minutes prior to doors, we went to the bathroom and proceeded to join the end of the line.

As I came out of the bathroom, I spotted a bald old guy in a beanie hat arriving. Obviously not as exciting as if it were Sweetcell, who is much more handsome and has much better hair, but still sort of exciting to see local hardcore legend Ian. He proceed to go to the box office and pick up his tickets. I quickly started planning what kind of small talk I could make with him (he'd probably want to talk about Belle and Sebastian setlists and what kind of scooter Stuart rides around on, right?) because it was obvious he'd be joining the end of the line at the same time we would.

But alas, he cut into the middle of the line, presumably in front of some punk rock kiss ass. Whatever happened to punks use the back door? A couple minutes later, Eugene Hutz arrived and proceeded to start chatting with Ian.

And then the doors opened and the movie commenced. I'm not a huge Gogol Bordello fan (I'm the kind of fan who would shout "Start Wearing Purple" if requested were solicited.), but I did see them at the Bumbershoot festival in the early 2000's, so I'm aware of what an awesome live force they are. Anyway, the film was excellent. Check it out when and if you can. I think they're still in the film festival stage, and hopefully then the distribution happens. At least that's what the director said.

After the film and Q&A will the director. Eugene and Sergey took the stage and played 6-8 (I didn't count) songs, for a mini acoustic set. (My wife liked the film much more than the live set, I enjoyed both very much.) I was hoping Ian would hop onstage when they did a Fugazi cover, but alas he didn't. Eugene took requests from the crowd. Several requests for "Start Wearing Purple" were shouted out (not me), but he said he didn't want to play that because you can hear that on any jukebox in the world. But he did play other requests. Then, like that, it was over, and I headed home for some birthday cake and ice cream and a bottle of Rusty Nail from Fremont Brewing.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5409 on: Today at 01:12:53 pm »
^ nice review!  will be looking out for this one.

(and: hbd!)
<sig>