Author Topic: Lily Allen ticket confusion?  (Read 1836 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Lily Allen ticket confusion?
« on: January 18, 2007, 11:23:00 pm »
so, i cruise on up to the 930 ticket window this evening to pick up a bunch of tickets to upcoming shows (ouch, there goes my entertainment budget for the month), and when i state to the nice person behind the ticket window my intention to purchase, they answer "fine - as long as you're not here for lily allen tickets".  a long eye-roll follows.  i asked if the show was sold out - "no".  i asked if i could buy a pair of tickets - "no".  i asked a few questions, but the person was kinda busy and didn't really want to talk about it anymore.

from what i was able to gather, it appears that the club started selling tickets and they were going like hotcakes.  BUT, this show is "brought to you by MTV", and sounds like the sponsor pulled the plug on ticket sales in favor of distributing them (or what's left) itself.  tickets will be available again tomorrow at 10 AM via MTV (or MTV.com, not sure).  tickets.com (and ticket window person) states that they will start selling tickets again on saturday 1/20 at 10 AM - assuming that there are any left.

the above is probably only half right.  anyone with additional details, please share.
<sig>

joeruny

Re: Lily Allen ticket confusion?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 11:56:00 pm »
I can't find an MTV ticketing site.  I hope I'm not being "that desperate guy looking for 9:30 Club tickets," but I really want to get into this show.  I completely missed the announcement of it, just heard about it today.  Any help would be wonderful.

- J

P.S. - Anyone know the deal with Incubus tickets?  (just kidding...)

froggylizzard

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:11:00 am »
Am I wrong in thinking that the original on sale date for this show was 1/20? I think tickets.com might have started the sale early by mistake? I did buy a couple of tickets today and if I wanted to I could've bought ten as they were easily available, so I don't know about this show selling out so quickly.

In the bigger picture ... MTV's "Discover and Download" are sponsoring a seven date tour for her in February, there are four shows listed on Ticketmaster, the 9:30 show, a Webster Hall show in NYC and one other (?)

However, there is nothing listed here ... http://www.mtv.com/#/music/artist/allen__lily/videos.jhtml  or here ... http://www.mtvu.com/music/discover_and_download/

They list all her shows around the world, but not the shows they are supposedly sponsoring in the US. This is all quite peculiar!

joeruny

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:18:00 am »
"Am I wrong in thinking that the original on sale date for this show was 1/20? I think tickets.com might have started the sale early by mistake? I did buy a couple of tickets today and if I wanted to I could've bought ten as they were easily available, so I don't know about this show selling out so quickly."

According to the Washington Post article, the tickets were supposed to go onsale a week from the publish date (1/11), which would have been today.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/goingoutgurus/2007/01/alright_lily_allen_comes_to_93.html

Good luck all, and thanks for the help.

RonniStar

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 02:11:00 am »
from what i was able to gather, it appears that the club started selling tickets and they were going like hotcakes. BUT, this show is "brought to you by MTV", and sounds like the sponsor pulled the plug on ticket sales in favor of distributing them (or what's left) itself. tickets will be available again tomorrow at 10 AM via MTV (or MTV.com, not sure). tickets.com (and ticket window person) states that they will start selling tickets again on saturday 1/20 at 10 AM - assuming that there are any left.

the above is probably only half right. anyone with additional details, please share.
That's what happening to me this evening. It's clear that you either get them online because the walk up method won't work anymore. It pisses me off when are informed of these sudden chances in advance.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 03:11:00 pm »
Yesterday was just a presale. All of her shows will go on regular sale tomorrow...
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 11:37:00 am »
Consider ourselves lucky. It's only $15. The NYC show is $25 ?!
(_|_)

bull930

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 01:20:00 am »
Good thing I got them on the 18th.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »
Damn NYC show. 25$adv/$30 at the door. i think i paid $25 to see her at hiro ballroom. for 25 mins its surely not worth that price. for $15 id see her (at least if it were my first time)
HeyLa