Author Topic: Official 930 Club Replacements Echostage May 8 Show  (Read 85882 times)

hutch

Re: Official 930 Club Replacements Echostage May 8 Show
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2015, 01:13:30 pm »
I can only imagine the sound quality of a handheld recorder in a show that already sounded shitty??

not handheld... the Edirol HR09 is pretty much the best portable audio recorder out there..

Its a tough call to say that the sound was much better somewhere else... usually at most places the sound is best around the soundmixer.....if you're way up front the sound is not going to be the best.. my ASSUMPTION is the sound must have been better elsewhere but I have no way of proving that..

so where would the sweetspot be? the upstairs was crap...all around..the back was crap..

so enlighten me Sweetcell?

hutch

« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2015, 01:15:54 pm »
anyways thanks Sweetcell, Yada..didn't come on here expecting anything less than criticism....sorry I shared the recording.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2015, 01:34:32 pm »
again . . . ju,lian and I, blame you.

wml7

« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2015, 01:43:42 pm »
I can only imagine the sound quality of a handheld recorder in a show that already sounded shitty??

not handheld... the Edirol HR09 is pretty much the best portable audio recorder out there..

Its a tough call to say that the sound was much better somewhere else... usually at most places the sound is best around the soundmixer.....if you're way up front the sound is not going to be the best.. my ASSUMPTION is the sound must have been better elsewhere but I have no way of proving that..

so where would the sweetspot be? the upstairs was crap...all around..the back was crap..

so enlighten me Sweetcell?

In the middle of the club
 ;D

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2015, 01:46:21 pm »
again . . . ju,lian and I, blame you.

LVMH

Yada

« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2015, 02:16:13 pm »
anyways thanks Sweetcell, Yada..didn't come on here expecting anything less than criticism....sorry I shared the recording.

Your apologies are accepted.

I actually didn't listen to the recording, I was making a general assumption that it most likely sounds like shit based on the reviews of the show and the recording device being used.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2015, 02:27:03 pm »

Your apologies are accepted.

I actually didn't listen to the recording, I was making a general assumption that it most likely sounds like shit based on the reviews of the show and the recording device being used.

It does sound terrible, but, thanks f,or trying and sharing anyway.

Here is the 4/27/2015 Boston show: http://replacementslivearchive.blogspot.com/2015/05/april-27-2015-sinclair-converse-rubber.html

« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2015, 02:59:00 pm »

I don't have much to add to what's already been said, but I think it's funny how much I fit the stereotypes here.  I'm a doughy government lawyer and the next show I'm going to is indeed Fogerty at Wolf Trap.

POTW!~
slack

hemisphire

« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2015, 01:04:48 pm »
i'm completely new to recording shows but i have a high end recorder (Edirol) and the way it came out is the way it sounded to me...and I am pretty sure I have it set right..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0tu3m4pipoywht/Replacements.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8y5gdzj3f2yw0a/Replacements2.wav?dl=0

As a long time bootleg collector, I'd give it a B-/C+.  An audience recording is always going to have the drums and bass somewhat boomy (and that room is awful), but Paul's voice is nice and clear in the mix.  Thanks for sharing!

hutch

« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2015, 01:26:06 pm »
i'm completely new to recording shows but i have a high end recorder (Edirol) and the way it came out is the way it sounded to me...and I am pretty sure I have it set right..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0tu3m4pipoywht/Replacements.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8y5gdzj3f2yw0a/Replacements2.wav?dl=0

As a long time bootleg collector, I'd give it a B-/C+.  An audience recording is always going to have the drums and bass somewhat boomy (and that room is awful), but Paul's voice is nice and clear in the mix.  Thanks for sharing!

thanks hemi!

Bags

« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2015, 10:41:06 am »
I enjoyed the performance, but the audience was unbearable. It was uncomfortably crowded.
I agree.  Apparently this is typical for Echostage, as I've heard this complaint about the couple of other shows friends of mine attended (this was my first; I have a ticket for Belle & Sebastian that I'm not looking forward to based on the Mats crowd....we were literally pressed against each other, and we were not even very far up...)

Bags

« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2015, 10:46:19 am »
Also, I've only been to four shows so far this year I think (S/K, Ex Hex, Mac McCaughan and the Replacements) and I think collectively I've listened to these bands for like 66.5 years.
I've been to more than four, but not by much.  But, three of yours (I was out of town for Mac or I'd have been there too.)  All good shows, though Ex Hex was my fave just because it was like this glorious surprise -- I kept shouting "now THIS is a rock n roll show!!"

Bags

« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2015, 10:53:37 am »

[/quote]
As an aside, there was nothing wrong with the 'Mats performance on Friday. In fact, it was really really good. That being said, I think an EDM show there would be a lot of fun (if you're into that sort of thing) but the sight lines do suck. Sound was very good to great, way better than Nation ever was. It's one of those venues where I'd weigh a bunch of factors before going back. I may be selling my Belle and Sebastian ticket. But I agree that the Philly show was easier to settle into. Overall I'm glad that I went...don't mean to sound ungrateful to finally see the 'Mats. And I'm definitely more of a "Sorry Ma..." and "Stink" fan. And "Let It Be" of course. The later stuff, while being good, lacks some of the punch of earlier songs. But "Can't Hardly Wait" truly is a great song, as is "Alex Chilton". I love the variety that they picked and over the course of 2 nights I saw a ton of great music.
Do you think the Belle & Sebastian tickets are sell-able?

bearman🐻

« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2015, 10:56:10 am »

As an aside, there was nothing wrong with the 'Mats performance on Friday. In fact, it was really really good. That being said, I think an EDM show there would be a lot of fun (if you're into that sort of thing) but the sight lines do suck. Sound was very good to great, way better than Nation ever was. It's one of those venues where I'd weigh a bunch of factors before going back. I may be selling my Belle and Sebastian ticket. But I agree that the Philly show was easier to settle into. Overall I'm glad that I went...don't mean to sound ungrateful to finally see the 'Mats. And I'm definitely more of a "Sorry Ma..." and "Stink" fan. And "Let It Be" of course. The later stuff, while being good, lacks some of the punch of earlier songs. But "Can't Hardly Wait" truly is a great song, as is "Alex Chilton". I love the variety that they picked and over the course of 2 nights I saw a ton of great music.
Do you think the Belle & Sebastian tickets are sell-able?
[/quote]

Not to anyone that went to see the 'Mats...